Tecnigas 4Scoot Exhaust

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

u33db
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Tecnigas 4Scoot Exhaust

Post by u33db »

Hi,

Thought i'd put some pictures up of my exhaust which i'll be fitting this weekend.

Its a "Tecnigas 4Scoot" system - they do them for non-ESP and ESP 125 engines (pictured is the ESP version for my LED model).

Its a stainless steel system with alloy end can so shouldn't rust (my main reason for buying) but its apparently a bit more free flowing due to no cat. Noise wise i'm led to beleive it'll only be slightly more noisy than standard although i'll not sure if the torx nut in the rear pipe is a removable baffle...will check that on Saturday.

Best part is the price - the ESP version cost only £169 delivered from http://www.pedparts.co.uk in the UK (non ESP is a little more).

Thoughts? I thought it looked quite similar to the Malossi without the price tag?

Not seen these mentioned on here either so may be of interest to some of you.

Tecnigas have a good name for budget performance system in the 2 stroke 50cc scooter community.

Malossi 10.5g rollers
Malossi yellow clutch springs
Malossi yellow variator spring
HJC wind screen
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Tecnigas 4Scoot Exhaust

Post by Slickvic »

The Malossi RX exhaust looks to be a better option for the PCX 150 at $329.
https://scooterpartsco.com/malossi/malo ... 457d4cfcda

Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
u33db
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by u33db »

Yes but its an extra £100/$125.

Malossi do 2 though, one with a catalytic convertor and one without?
Malossi 10.5g rollers
HJC wind screen
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

u33db... Very Nice! who wants to buy exhaust pipes. Expensive and the one that comes with PCX is sooooo quiet. But if you can fit that and the ecm will calibrate for it, then the price is certainly right. Make us a video complete with sound and any clearance or fit up issues. I wonder why no ESP 150's as that would pretty much eliminate the states, maybe they don't want to ship to the US?
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

u33db wrote:Yes but its an extra £100/$125.

Hey, I'm not telling anyone to spend more money on an exhaust. I'm still running stock with a few holes drilled thru the end of the pipe.

I have never heard of this Tecnigas exhaust and it's not even offered for the PCX 150 in the USA. The Malossi RX is offered here and its even been tested on the PCX 150 as shown here:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/pwJmJE9gX48?list=PL_7A ... fhD3p0AXNJ[/youtube]

And here:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXfg63XR9Ac[/youtube]
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
u33db
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by u33db »

Slickvic wrote:
u33db wrote:Yes but its an extra £100/$125.

Hey, I'm not telling anyone to spend more money on an exhaust. I'm still running stock with a few holes drilled thru the end of the pipe.

I have never heard of this Tecnigas exhaust and it's not even offered for the PCX 150 in the USA. The Malossi RX is offered here and its even been tested on the PCX 150 as shown here:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/pwJmJE9gX48?list=PL_7A ... fhD3p0AXNJ[/youtube]

And here:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXfg63XR9Ac[/youtube]
Tecnigas are a pretty well know brand over here...i think they are made in Spain though but they definately have dealers in the US if you wanted to get hold of one.

Their website is down for me right now but they will likely have a list of USA dealers on it - http://www.tecnigas.com. If not a google search is coming up with quite a few places over with you guys.

I checked the Malossi website and its the same part number for the 125 and 150 exhaust so i'm pretty sure this Tecnigas 125 one would go on a 150...as you know we don't get the 150 in Europe which is probably why Tecnigas only list the for the 125's.
Malossi 10.5g rollers
HJC wind screen
u33db
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by u33db »

homie wrote:u33db... Very Nice! who wants to buy exhaust pipes. Expensive and the one that comes with PCX is sooooo quiet. But if you can fit that and the ecm will calibrate for it, then the price is certainly right. Make us a video complete with sound and any clearance or fit up issues. I wonder why no ESP 150's as that would pretty much eliminate the states, maybe they don't want to ship to the US?
Thank you!

I will certainly take pictures and a sound video for you on Saturday when i fit it.

Quite excited!
Malossi 10.5g rollers
HJC wind screen
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

u33db wrote:
homie wrote:u33db... Very Nice! who wants to buy exhaust pipes. Expensive and the one that comes with PCX is sooooo quiet. But if you can fit that and the ecm will calibrate for it, then the price is certainly right. Make us a video complete with sound and any clearance or fit up issues. I wonder why no ESP 150's as that would pretty much eliminate the states, maybe they don't want to ship to the US?
Thank you!

I will certainly take pictures and a sound video for you on Saturday when i fit it.

Quite excited!
Me too! to be clear you are installing on a 125cc correct? This might be an emissions thing keeping sales out of the US
u33db
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by u33db »

Yes 125 LED.

TBH I don't know why they're not common in the US...I know you could buy them if you wanted but as for passing your tests I don't know?

Here in the UK bikes are not tested for emissions so even if they have a cat as standard and its been removed it won't be a fail. Even if it was a fail it wouldn't take much to put the standard exhaust back on for the yearly test like most do with cars.

How strict are things over there?
Malossi 10.5g rollers
HJC wind screen
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

u33db wrote:Yes 125 LED.

TBH I don't know why they're not common in the US...I know you could buy them if you wanted but as for passing your tests I don't know?

Here in the UK bikes are not tested for emissions so even if they have a cat as standard and its been removed it won't be a fail. Even if it was a fail it wouldn't take much to put the standard exhaust back on for the yearly test like most do with cars.

How strict are things over there?
No body is checking motorcycles for emissions yet after they are sold here like they do cars and trucks currently. Shhhh don't give em any ideas :roll:

Well that's a plan, maybe I get me one of those 150.00 mufflers if they don't spank me on shipping like a helmet visor I bought recently. 40 dollars shipping for a 10 ounce plactic bag and bubble wrap :x
Arrrrrr Ring a ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

On the OWL at least, the 125 and 150 exhausts are not the same.
I believe the exhaust port sits further forward on one of them.
PCXdemon had to modify a 150 exhaust to fit his 125.

Americans: Technigas are BIG in the 2 stroke community!

U33db: Stainless or not, don't forget to put anti-sieze on that slip joint before you mount it!
u33db
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by u33db »

Got it fitted today...a relatively straight forward job but a new fittings need "massaged" which i'll detail below.

Old exhaust off and mounting plate bolted on;

Notice on the standard pipe the exhaust gasket sits flush with the top of the pipe;

But on the new exhaust the pipe seems a bit taller...

...so i've trimmed it down a few mm with a dremmel;

Better now;

Pipe fitted loosely;

Next i tried bolting on the silencer...the bottom bolt hole didn't line up perfectly to get the bolt in so i've enlarged it a few mm to the right using a round file;

Everything went in fine after that;

Next i had a look at the rear pipe...it did seem to have a removable baffle/reducer to cut noise;

All bolted up;

Sticker removed;

Final shot;

Not had a chance to road test it yet but it sounds a lot nicer as you can see in this video where i run it with the baffle in and out;

https://youtu.be/xu5OgECQtiA

It does seem to rev up quicker than before too! :)

Not had a chance to road test it yet...that will probably be tomorrow now i think but will report back.
Malossi 10.5g rollers
HJC wind screen
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Turn that clamp sideways bro, where the header meets the pipe. You are cheating yourself out of and inch of clearance. I want to spend more time looking this over but I have to go out. Nice looking exhaust for the money sir 8) Sounds appropriate for a scooter too!
u33db
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by u33db »

Thanks and will do. :)

I've actually just been out on it for a road test;

Its difficult to tell an improvement as its very windy here today (and Thursday was the last time i rode) but it pulled right up to 60/62mph flat out which i have never been able to do on the bike before, so that's good. It could maybe go beyond that given a longer/flat road.

That said i'm not sure if its accelerating as quick before?? Again its difficult to say as i had the car yesterday and it always feels slow going back on the bike but i wonder if its lost some torque with the catalytic converter now gone? It almost feels like it'd benefit from being rev'ed higher (i.e lighter rollers).

For those of you with aftermarket exhausts do find your power band has shifted, perhaps higher up the rev range?

I'm almost tempted to go order lighter rollers or a whole variator kit (like the Malossi Multivar with 10g rollers as it gets rave reviews anyway) to experiment?

I'm on 12.5g at the moment which worked well with the standard exhaust but i'm not sure with the Tecnigas...

What do you all think?
Malossi 10.5g rollers
HJC wind screen
u33db
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by u33db »

I've got over excited and just ordered 10.5g rollers (that's about the lightest in std size I can find in the UK).

I was on the Yuminashi website and they recommend no more than ~10g for a stock 125 so will see how that works out :)
Malossi 10.5g rollers
HJC wind screen
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Give the scoot a week for the ECM to work itself out so it can make optimum power.
I had to put my stock exhaust back on once to realise it was less powerful (everywhere).
If 10.5g rollers are too light, you can mix and match with the 12.5s to make 11.5g combo.

PS: I wanted to mention the clamp hanging down, too. But people give me grief over making those kind of observations - so I refrained... Yes, I think I have officially developed a complex now. Maybe Dave Jones and I would make good buddies?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

chicaboo wrote: PS: I wanted to mention the clamp hanging down, too. But people give me grief over making those kind of observations. Give the scoot a week for the ECM to work itself out
It's all in the delivery :roll: cause I got me some advanced social skills from youyou's latest book entitled.. Be Nice Bitch.

That last part is good advice for any bike. After a TPS reset or any other tapering I keep em under 3500 rpm for 20 miles and they fine tune themselves.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I'll have to get some of those velvet gloves W uses, then.
u33db
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by u33db »

chicaboo wrote:Give the scoot a week for the ECM to work itself out so it can make optimum power.
I had to put my stock exhaust back on once to realise it was less powerful (everywhere).
If 10.5g rollers are too light, you can mix and match with the 12.5s to make 11.5g combo.

PS: I wanted to mention the clamp hanging down, too. But people give me grief over making those kind of observations - so I refrained... Yes, I think I have officially developed a complex now. Maybe Dave Jones and I would make good buddies?
Done 40 miles back and forth to work today on the bike.

I think it is slower but not by much...to be honest it feels like it did when i first got the bike with standard rollers fitted (even though i've got the 12.5s in) as its back to having to keep the throttle mashed open everywhere. It is definately quicker flat out.

I'm hoping my 10.5g rollers arrive tomorrow and then i can try it with those...i'm hopeful that will improve it massively.

I'm also thinking of biting the bullet and going for a 164 kit as well. I actually know of an unused one for sale at the moment but its just the cylinder/piston (i.e no injector/throttle body)...i'll need to weigh up buying that an the other parts individually vs a full kit from Yuminashi...
Malossi 10.5g rollers
HJC wind screen