HELP!!!

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

zoomnad
Year: 2018
Color: Blue

HELP!!!

Post by zoomnad »

I have the 2018 Honda PCX 150. Since I work at a Honda Motorcycle dealer, I am blessed, BUT we can NOT find any aftermarket exhaust for it. All the manufactures say the exhaust go till 2016! According to the Honda, they use the same part number from 2015-2018 stock exhaust. Same with the housing where the oil drain plug is. Any idea why they are different or have the after market haven't updated their catalogs. I am wanting a Leo Vince for the scooter. And yes, I sent a email to Leo Vince with no response. The last thing I want to do is buy a exhaust I can't use. Thanks.
"you meet the nicest people on a Honda"
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: HELP!!!

Post by Mel46 »

Even the shops in Thailand haven't caught up with the 2018 parts yet, so there must be some differences between the 2017 and the 2018 model. I would suggest that you wait 6 months so that production of spare and accessory parts can catch up with the new model. The muffler MAY be the same, but may have a different connection point on the swingarm.
We already know that the shocks are different, so it is possible that the rear assembly area is completely different than previous models.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
zoomnad
Year: 2018
Color: Blue

Post by zoomnad »

Manny Hauswirth from Leo Vince wrote "If the OEM part number is the same then it is likely that ours will fit also. We just can't confirm it for sure as we have only tested up to 2016 year models." Looks like a Leo Vince will be on my scooter very soon. I am sure that is a daunting task fitting all bikes. I'm happy that the manufacture replied to my email. And thanks to PCX Forum for answers.
"you meet the nicest people on a Honda"
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

Are you talking about the new PCX with the 149cc engine. If so, then there must be something different on the new scoot.
Like Mel46 said, just wait.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.