Interesting...

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Interesting...

Post by k2apache6.0 »

I doubt anyones tried this but I'll ask anyway?

https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/ ... nda/pcx150
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Re: Interesting...

Post by Cube »

So it messes with the IAT and O2 sensors? That kinda sounds like the old dodgy trick to add a resistor to the IAT to make the ECU add more fuel to the mix with the added effect of gimmicking the O2 readings too. I can't imagine this is good for the catalytic converter.
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Cube wrote:So it messes with the IAT and O2 sensors? That kinda sounds like the old dodgy trick to add a resistor to the IAT to make the ECU add more fuel to the mix with the added effect of gimmicking the O2 readings too. I can't imagine this is good for the catalytic converter.
Thanks for reply. I have a Yoshimura full system and a NCY variator, no other performance mods. the Yosh adds about 1 hp according to the dyno graph supplied with the pipe, and since there's no cat that wouldnt apply to my scoot. Their ad sounds optimistic though, just throwing idea's about really.
My PCX mod build here..
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Post by Cube »

IIRC, the original trick makes the ECU fatten the fuel curve because it thinks the incoming air is denser than it is. So the O2 sensor is probably also set to report a lean condition as well with this gizmo. If you've got no cat, probably no harm if you want to try it. I'd be curious if it really improves your MPG since I can't picture how a fatter mix would help with that.
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I would ask for a circuit diagram and photo of the insides. But like Cube says, it looks like an expensive resistor.
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Hi Chicaboo,
Long time no hear! Hope you're doing well and fully recovered. Still waiting for that 'magical' bolt on upgrade without tears myself. Dont think I'm gonna go the BBK route, just looking for something simple worth about another horse. The Yosh adds about that or thereabouts, the variator helps with better transmission management, so just another bump and I'd be ok with that. The stock motor does a good enough job tbh and I dont want to go over around $300. Did you ever get your scoot fixed up after the spill, anything new you've learned if you did regarding eng performance upgrades/recommendations?
My PCX mod build here..
jpanem
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: black

Post by jpanem »

it looks like its just a fuel controller base on connecting it to the o2 and IAT sensor and no ignition timing controller. I'm going to be trying a two brothers juice box pro that meant for a zuma 125 that my buddy is gonna let me try. Hooks up to those sensors as well.
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by k2apache6.0 »

jpanem wrote:it looks like its just a fuel controller base on connecting it to the o2 and IAT sensor and no ignition timing controller. I'm going to be trying a two brothers juice box pro that meant for a zuma 125 that my buddy is gonna let me try. Hooks up to those sensors as well.
Great, let us know how it works out
My PCX mod build here..
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Hmmm. Sounds like fake to me. I don't want to get into it, but a zirconium O2 sensor is an acive element which is working as a seriously non-linear voltage generator based on exhaust oxygen content. It's signal cannot be altered properly with a passive element, what has no microcontroller inside. The IAT sensor is a thermistor, so most provably the unit spoofs the ecu ro think it has lower temperature air intake which would be denser so more oxigen context expected and thus marginally more fuel dumped to the cylinder.
I would not touch that magnum tuning box even with a very long pole.