Standard Exhaust Mods 2021 pcx

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mon-Eye
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021
Color: Red

Standard Exhaust Mods 2021 pcx

Post by Mon-Eye »

I got bored last week so bout a standard exhaust off a crashed bike for £40. Repaired the damage, removed the cat and straight piped it. Got decent result on the dyno too and sounds better now as the bikes way to quiet standard.

https://youtu.be/36nT8AppghY

Was happy with another 0.75 to 1 bhp extra and much better top end and acceleration too. Now the bike still looks totally stock exhaust wise but has essentially a race can. Ill get the DB meter out tomorrow and see how loud it is now too but its not to much louder compared to my other bikes
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Re: Standard Exhaust Mods 2021 pcx

Post by vamootsman »

Very cool video and info. If you did nothing other than modify the exhaust, your results may debunk some of the doubters that there's any power gains by doing so. Interesting for sure. Thanks for posting!
2013 PCX 150 with,
Givi Tall Screen, and E370 Top Case
NCY Variator and Face Plate, 12 gram rollers
Takagawa Silent Oval Exhaust, K&N R1100 pod filter mod
YSS XL Rear Shock Absorbers Michelin City Grip 120/70 Front 140/70 Rear
2013 Honda CB500X with Rally Raid kit
2005 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
Mon-Eye
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mon-Eye »

vamootsman wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:56 pm Very cool video and info. If you did nothing other than modify the exhaust, your results may debunk some of the doubters that there's any power gains by doing so. Interesting for sure. Thanks for posting!
I was supposed it did all the power that we'll. I wasn't expecting a lot from it but only way to properly test these things is by using a Dyno. Do all my RnD using a Dyno. Only other mods on the bike are larger screen, honda heated grips and tucano Urbano appron. Engine , fuel system and wiring are all stock. Still getting 110mpg from it with the can mod too.

I'm now trying to figure out if honda use a PAIR system on this engine now so I can delete it if so and get a proper A/F reading. Might contemplate then getting a piggy back ECU to try and improve the fueling on it.
CBR1100XX blackbird (modified), CBR929RR Turbo, CBR600F Sport (modified), several beta trials bikes and endurance bikes
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

ha ha ha. Thats pretty cool for being a cheap alternative to an aftermarket exhaust. Thanks for the info and video
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
Mon-Eye
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mon-Eye »

I'm really tempted to fabricate a mandrel bent manifold for it next. out of 25mm and 30mm pipe to try and smooth the flow out a little better and try some different silencer designs on it. See what results I get from it. If a manage to get some time in the next couple months I'll do it. Currently on isolation because of covid 🤬
CBR1100XX blackbird (modified), CBR929RR Turbo, CBR600F Sport (modified), several beta trials bikes and endurance bikes