Clutch Chatter No More ??

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Re: Clutch Chatter No More ??

Post by alx123 »

fast1075 wrote:Update. 3 thousand miles later, I am all smiles. If your clutch chatters, do the KVB mod. It is working very well!!!
glad to hear. Will ither aftrmarket brands work better than stock or KVB is the only way to go?
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Post by BPT7594 »

I haven't tried aftermarket clutches too much.
I think it's price related. Anything that has performance tag will cost you a lot. The kvb clutch is stock Honda so at least you're paying less for mostly the same result. Modifying only the clutch will not result in any additional miles per hour.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

[quote="BPT7594"]I haven't tried aftermarket clutches too much.
I think it's price related. Anything that has performance tag will cost you a lot. The kvb clutch is stock Honda so at least you're paying less for mostly the same result. Modifying only the clutch will not result in any additional miles per hour.[/quote]

great. Thanks

I'll be on the look out for the KVB as well as maybe experiment with the rollers/sliders.

Next time i need to change the belt, ill change them all at once.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

It seems the replacement 'non pcx' pads onto the pcx clutch plate (if that's the name) works wonders. Is that all that normally needs replacing with the clutch plate - the pads?, or if buying new do we buy the PCX clutch and swap the pads?
I'm going for the 22535-KVB-900 pads set but as my bike has near 13k miles I wonder if I would need to swap more out clutch wise?
I'm replacing the drive face too as my bearings are making a horrible noise now when walking or moving the bike at slow speed) <worried it may cause, or have caused damage to the spindle the drive face (part 8) slips onto - could that happen?
skrusich
Year: 2017
Color: Pearl White

Post by skrusich »

Having read all the posts, I tried to locate a source for the 22535-KVB-900 clutch weight set. Revzilla told me it would not fit my 2017 and had no further help.

The chatter on my PCX just about shakes it apart til it warms up. I have deglazed the clutch pads, cleaned surfaces, belt, etc with only short term relief.

Could someone give me all the part numbers and vendors to make this go away? Thanks in advance.
op3l
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by op3l »

I just full throttle launch it every time, or at least half and no more chatter. If it does get glazed and starts shuddering again, I just deglaze it by grinding some away with throttle and both brakes held.

Once the original clutch wears away, I'm going to get the smoother clutch installed.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Honda use so many different part numbers for the same parts - often the newer the model / part the more expensive even when they are exactly the same. No idea if those would fit, but of a gamble but they can be had for not much. Best search google for pics and see if you can spot any differences.