yuminashi 164cc kit break in !

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Re: yuminashi 164cc kit break in !

Post by BPT7594 »

clemence wrote:
BPT7594 wrote:My friend got 25000km out of a Yuminashi sleeve and still going strong. The problem is proper maintenance. No nikasil can save your ass if you starve the engine from oil. Learn from the precedents, like Vlad. He had to install an oil breather hose in place of the oil dipstick to lower the crankcase pressure when he went big bore. I strongly advise doing that also to your big bore engine. And I have seen some "nikasil" sleeve from Taiwan that I can scratch off the plating with a razor so no Nikasil for me. I'm familiar with Yuminashi's sleeve material, it's in the same league as those I can find in my location, it's not the same, because I am not a metallurgist but I can say that Yuminashi's material can survive OK, provided that you CHECK YOUR OIL LEVEL REGULARLY.
I don't know what you guys do but I change my oil regularly especially on big bore engines. Never had a problem with it.
:D Of course! Any reasons not to?

FYI, most japanese big four's (H-Y-S-K) cast iron sleeves are so durable for more than ten years with normal use. With regular oil change!
I have seen various guys who try to etch out as much km/mile as possible with a single oil change, hence the "change oil regularly" thing. I use Mercedes full synthetic oil in all my vehicles, I have a friend who can get them for cheap so I change my oil every 2000km, because I ride in the heavy traffic jams and let my engine idle a lot during my commute. Anybody who rides mostly on highway can extend the oil change interval to 3000km or even 4000km if you are using synthetic oil.
I have inspected many cylinder, piston and rings combination from Honda scooters (PCX and PCX's engine) and I'm confident that if you change oil like I said the scooter can last well into 100k km.
clemence
Regular User
Regular User

Post by clemence »

Yes, that's true.
My first Honda scooter (vario 110) was 120.000+ km within 7 years with no significant power loss. Just an almost invisible tail smoke during hard acceleration.
I just use full synthetic oil SM/SL grade per 5000km oil change. Don't really care much about it. Fill the tank, and scoot away.

- Clemence
adam1711
Year: 2011
Color: black

Post by adam1711 »

Thank you BRO'S! you Helped me a lot. I will go the way of mototun it seems to me the run most compelling for me, and of course, change my oil every 5,000 km. Basically I only have another 500 km to 1,000 and the running time is over half way already passed!
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by BPT7594 »

adam1711 wrote:Thank you BRO'S! you Helped me a lot. I will go the way of mototun it seems to me the run most compelling for me, and of course, change my oil every 5,000 km. Basically I only have another 500 km to 1,000 and the running time is over half way already passed!
2000 is better my friend. And you should learn how to check engine oil level and do a check every week. And find an oil breather hose to install into the oil dipstick place to lower the crankcase pressure. That way is the best to go.
I have talked regularly with yuminashi support about oil need and they change their oil when they like it aka all the time so their engine life estimation might not work for normal user like us.
In short, 2000km per oil change and check oil level every week, add some if you notice it's missing oil. And FYI, if it's missing it's not the kit's fault.
adam1711
Year: 2011
Color: black

Post by adam1711 »

BPT7594 wrote:
adam1711 wrote:Thank you BRO'S! you Helped me a lot. I will go the way of mototun it seems to me the run most compelling for me, and of course, change my oil every 5,000 km. Basically I only have another 500 km to 1,000 and the running time is over half way already passed!
2000 is better my friend. And you should learn how to check engine oil level and do a check every week. And find an oil breather hose to install into the oil dipstick place to lower the crankcase pressure. That way is the best to go.
I have talked regularly with yuminashi support about oil need and they change their oil when they like it aka all the time so their engine life estimation might not work for normal user like us.
In short, 2000km per oil change and check oil level every week, add some if you notice it's missing oil. And FYI, if it's missing it's not the kit's fault.
Okay so it would be 2,000! thanks man
I check the oil every week until now lacked
retry
Color: silver

Post by retry »

my honda pcx 2013 got 38000 miles on the clock, need to top up 400ml oil every 400-500 miles, so as far as i understand engine is dying . Im looking in to yuminashi +/- 164cc full kit ( piston, cyl. block, cyl block head etc.). i did speak with my local motorbike mechanic and he advised me not to use engine gaskets from the kit and to buy genuine honda gasket kit. Any advise on what he said or maybe something else i need to know?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

retry wrote:my honda pcx 2013 got 38000 miles on the clock, need to top up 400ml oil every 400-500 miles, so as far as i understand engine is dying . Im looking in to yuminashi +/- 164cc full kit ( piston, cyl. block, cyl block head etc.). i did speak with my local motorbike mechanic and he advised me not to use engine gaskets from the kit and to buy genuine honda gasket kit. Any advise on what he said or maybe something else i need to know?
Hmm, you can't use stock engine gasket on a larger supplied cylinder. Yuminashi supply's copper gasket, best in business..
power-full
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2010
Color: preta

Post by power-full »

Veri Nice ....
https://www.facebook.com/sergiofininho
Pcx powerfull kit yuminashi 168cc
93000km 23.03.2022 dont stop..