86 MPH on the stand.....

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

86 MPH on the stand.....

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Just installed the NCY super transmission kit with a new belt and keeping the stock clutch spring instead of the 1000rpm spring supplied.
86 MPH on the stand but have not tested top speed on the road yet, just a blast up to 50 MPH which arrived rather quickly. Very Smooooth, no vibration, and that horrid clutch bearing noise a thing of the past. I may yet install the 1000rpm spring, with the stock spring there's a wee bit more revs to get off the line than is optimum in my op, we'll see after top speed testing this weekend, I'm hoping for 72 MPH or thereabouts.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: 86 MPH on the stand.....

Post by chicaboo »

I've had 150kph on the stand with the Daytona variator and 14g rollers, but still hit the hard wall of 120kph on the road.
My current gearing with 13g sliders on the stock variator is 132kph, with the same road speed as above or totally stock.
After I eventually put my BBK on i expect it would be much faster, but I'm more interested in holding speed on hills and acceleration.
I think there is a point where you just need more power to go faster and no amount of gearing will help break that resistance.
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Hi there Gav,
True, well at 86 I backed off, with no resistance I chickened tbh. Still that's interesting, I guess I won't know until I try it, theres a long flat stretch just a few miles from here, so definately this weekend :)
I thought you'd have that BBK in by now, still waiting for other parts? Keep us posted on the results when you have them.
My PCX mod build here..
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Yeah, I've had bad weather, bad health, business and laziness to deal with in my spare time.
Like today was meant be my first scooter ride in ages and it's been pissing down rain all morning...
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by k2apache6.0 »

chicaboo wrote:Yeah, I've had bad weather, bad health, business and laziness to deal with in my spare time.
Like today was meant be my first scooter ride in ages and it's been pissing down rain all morning...
Well better luck with all that, soon. With me it's I don't mind doing the work, its just the up and down getting some tool or whatever I forgot, then putting everything away again and cleaning up afterwards lol
My PCX mod build here..
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

86 MPH on the stand :lol: Remember how we used to disable the governor on our go-carts and mini-bike engines. Ah those were the days, let them motors run until they blew up. Now days some of the most talented computer hackers can't work around a Segway speed limiter, boooooooooooo