made the move... gotta get the info rolling in here tho...

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mitch Detailed
Regular User
Regular User

made the move... gotta get the info rolling in here tho...

Post by Mitch Detailed »

Hey guys, it's mitch. 2011 himilayas white pcx owner. I've been MIA for a while. Buying a house and working a shitload for a while. I'll be updating information here as i learn more.

i purchased a 2011 pcx manual, i'll be relaying some of the more valuable information here to this site. hopefully it will help some out.

until then, i'll be considered a procrastinator. haha
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: made the move... gotta get the info rolling in here tho.

Post by maddiedog »

Congrats on the house. We're going through the same process right now, it takes up much of my spare time.

Glad you registered, I've seen you on ClubPCX, but this is the first time I've seen you post here. Welcome. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey listen, when you two guys are done (???) I could use a few hands here :lol: All kidding aside, life definitely has its demands so do the best you can and ya'll come back :) Good to have you aboard on this side of the fence Mitch Detailed ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mitch Detailed
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mitch Detailed »

maddiedog wrote:Congrats on the house. We're going through the same process right now, it takes up much of my spare time.

Glad you registered, I've seen you on ClubPCX, but this is the first time I've seen you post here. Welcome. :)

Ill be more commonly on here, there's more gauging interest in off topic conversations to make it more of a commonplace to talk about lifes issues.

Lol I also am looking at upgrading to a '13 150. Also I've been researching engine management solutions, if I can figure out an engine management solution for the pcx, the fun will begin.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

too many spams on the other forum. So welcome here, Mitch.
Mitch Detailed
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mitch Detailed »

Taz wrote:too many spams on the other forum. So welcome here, Mitch.
Lol no kidding! :insert powerbypcx shit here: hahaha.

I've been talking to reggie bodden (the man whom runs yuminashi) about pcx mods and such. I'm gonna be acquiring a microsquirt unit and will be hooking it up if I can get it to run correctly, ill be getting with reggie for parts
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Oh god, not more "performance" bollocks to put up with.
Just get a bigger scooter ffs. :lol:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

:lol:

Powerbypcx posts here, but leaves it all in his thread. :)

What's the microsquirt? Is it a programmable ECU? Can you share a link?
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Mitch Detailed
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mitch Detailed »

maddiedog wrote::lol:

Powerbypcx posts here, but leaves it all in his thread. :)

What's the microsquirt? Is it a programmable ECU? Can you share a link?
Microsquirt is a universal engine management system designed by the makers of megasquirt. The megasquirt units have been used with success on a few cars in my area, (mostly 4g63t powerplants and such). Its designed with far less features than megasquirt to keep the size down and reduce the amount of compensation factors that aren't necessary. Let me get to a computer and ill pull up links. You have to understand the program pretty thoroughly to use it effectively, but it is a very powerful piece when configured correctly. :)
Mitch Detailed
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mitch Detailed »

gn2 wrote:Oh god, not more "performance" bollocks to put up with.
Just get a bigger scooter ffs. :lol:
Lol you won't see nonsense from me, at least not in performance, I'm not gonna ask what variator to use, which rollers are better, etc. Ill mod my scooter, post the results, and possibly get some videos using a gopro. Speculation threads are a waste.

The most displacement has been 209cc's, no knowledge on top speed, but I have a fair goal to see it hit that 100mph line. Lol
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

Mitch Detailed wrote:The most displacement has been 209cc's, no knowledge on top speed, but I have a fair goal to see it hit that 100mph line. Lol
You put a big bore kit on? How hard was that? How's the mpgs?

That's the sort of stuff that needs documented in the Performance subforum! :lol:
Mitch Detailed
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mitch Detailed »

maddiedog wrote:
Mitch Detailed wrote:The most displacement has been 209cc's, no knowledge on top speed, but I have a fair goal to see it hit that 100mph line. Lol
You put a big bore kit on? How hard was that? How's the mpgs?

That's the sort of stuff that needs documented in the Performance subforum! :lol:
i haven't, reggie has. my understanding is he lives in thailand. he has a couple us distributors for his products, but unfortunately none of them are showing pcx parts online. (yuminashi has a couple other scooter/pitbike parts they offer)

ive been researching between fixing/modding my 125, or starting from scratch on a new 150. i started a decent thread comparing parts and part numbers between the 125 and 150 on "the other site" i'l transfer it to this one in due time. there was also a couple articles showing new technology used on the 150.

for the engine management system, http://www.microsquirt.com/ . theres a lot of information on there about the unit and software. :)

heres a video of the size of the ems unit

Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Hi, and welcome back, Mitch. What you have in mind is pretty interesting. No replacement for displacement, you say over there :lol: (here we say, "except positive manifold pressure" ;) ). If you do get it done, I will be one of those paying close attention to it. I will be interested in what you do to the transmission, so as to take advantage of the new power output.

As for the ECU thing, I have seen Megasquirt units installed in cars that have had a turbo or supercharger installed. If I'm not mistaken, they come out of the factory with their own programming software so you can map it yourself. Mapping is not an easy thing to do. I begun to be interested in it when I decided to remap my car's ECU and started reading about it. Then I found my current chiptuner and saw him doing the remap of my ECU. He used a software called "Winols" and an interface called CMD to read and re-write the e-eprom on the ECU. Just in my ECU, there are more than 200 maps to deal with. Torque limiters, timing, boost, injection quantity and duration (it's a Diesel), smoke maps, and so on, and on, and on. You have to identify the ones you have to modify out of those, and do it right.

It's no easy task. If you do succeed I'll take my hat off. It reminds me of one guy from another forum I post in, who turboed a Yamaha T-Max and succeeded. He has a traffic light rocket now :lol: .
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

209cc + CVT + PCX chassis @ 100mph...?
Just isn't ever going to happen without a turbocharger and/or nitrous oxide.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

And a cliff....
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

You'd have to mod the hell out of the CVT and engine... Anything's possible though (even if unlikely). That much speed would certainly adversely affect the life of the bike though.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Takegawa sells a 170cc kit and a cam.
http://japan.webike.net/products/20695735.html
Kitaco sells a nice, programmable fuel controller for $150. No need to reinvent the application with a Microsquirt.
http://japan.webike.net/products/20523732.html
It would be nice to find a source to buy other than from Japan as the exchange rate and shipping aren't good.
Gearing will be the limiting factor for top speed. 73 mph at redline will be about it as far as I can see without a major cob job like trying to fit a larger rear wheel. The big bore kit would probably make enough power to get there even without the cam and still keep decent fuel economy. Higher top speed is a must for the 125 in order to get on the highway at all.
Mitch Detailed
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mitch Detailed »

Cascanciu wrote:Hi, and welcome back, Mitch. What you have in mind is pretty interesting. No replacement for displacement, you say over there :lol: (here we say, "except positive manifold pressure" ;) ). If you do get it done, I will be one of those paying close attention to it. I will be interested in what you do to the transmission, so as to take advantage of the new power output.

As for the ECU thing, I have seen Megasquirt units installed in cars that have had a turbo or supercharger installed. If I'm not mistaken, they come out of the factory with their own programming software so you can map it yourself. Mapping is not an easy thing to do. I begun to be interested in it when I decided to remap my car's ECU and started reading about it. Then I found my current chiptuner and saw him doing the remap of my ECU. He used a software called "Winols" and an interface called CMD to read and re-write the e-eprom on the ECU. Just in my ECU, there are more than 200 maps to deal with. Torque limiters, timing, boost, injection quantity and duration (it's a Diesel), smoke maps, and so on, and on, and on. You have to identify the ones you have to modify out of those, and do it right.

It's no easy task. If you do succeed I'll take my hat off. It reminds me of one guy from another forum I post in, who turboed a Yamaha T-Max and succeeded. He has a traffic light rocket now :lol: .

Lol yes, a rhb31 ihi turbo will be used, I've gotta figure out tuning before anything. And yes I would be reinventing the wheel for engine management, I understand this, but at the same time, control is critical to attempt anything near the limits of any motorsport activity. I'm not new to understanding maps, most cases there is base fuel and ignition, and compensation values. Understanding these maps can be difficult for some people, but its something I've grasped over the years.
Mitch Detailed
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mitch Detailed »

sendler2112 wrote:Takegawa sells a 170cc kit and a cam.
http://japan.webike.net/products/20695735.html
Kitaco sells a nice, programmable fuel controller for $150. No need to reinvent the application with a Microsquirt.
http://japan.webike.net/products/20523732.html
It would be nice to find a source to buy other than from Japan as the exchange rate and shipping aren't good.
Gearing will be the limiting factor for top speed. 73 mph at redline will be about it as far as I can see without a major cob job like trying to fit a larger rear wheel. The big bore kit would probably make enough power to get there even without the cam and still keep decent fuel economy. Higher top speed is a must for the 125 in order to get on the highway at all.
Gearing is always the biggest factor for a cvt setup with an achieveable redline. A very long gear setup would have to be used. I don't know about the takegawa parts, but when they're coming from the west side of the world, I'm always skeptical of longevity.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Mitch Detailed wrote:A very long gear setup would have to be used.
Which no one sells. Kitaco makes a final gear for the PCX but is only 1 of the two gears involved and only 4% longer. That and more power from a big bore kit and mapper and some modified DR Pulley sliders might get you to redline at 70 mph on a 125. The only big advantage to the PCX150 over just doing the big bore on a 125 is a 400 rpm higher redline at 9,600.