Bazzaz unit

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

troy
Year: 2013
Color: red

Bazzaz unit

Post by troy »

Is anyone out there using the BAZZAZ unit on there HONDA PCX 150???? I'm getting ready to put on one on my scooter, just wounding if I can see your fuel map for it?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Bazzaz unit

Post by homie »

Very interesting

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Did you happen to hear that part where he said that it is no street legal in California? I am getting flashes of "Fast & Furious"... on a scooter!!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Nothing BETTER is legal in California, you can't even effectively change the magazine on your AR (unless you are terrorist). Limits on everything, water, toilet capacity, insecticides, paint, refuge, lawnmower emissions etc, etc,... BULLETS! I wouldn't move to California if all the other states were on fire. Break it off and shove it out to sea or give it back to Mexico... not a place for mid-westerners to enjoy living.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

homie wrote:Break it off and shove it out to sea or give it back to Mexico...
There's a provision in place for that called the San Andreas Fault. :P
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Post by BPT7594 »

homie wrote:Nothing BETTER is legal in California, you can't even effectively change the magazine on your AR (unless you are terrorist). Limits on everything, water, toilet capacity, insecticides, paint, refuge, lawnmower emissions etc, etc,... BULLETS! I wouldn't move to California if all the other states were on fire. Break it off and shove it out to sea or give it back to Mexico... not a place for mid-westerners to enjoy living.
I am a liberal and progressive myself, but I seriously think California should back the f*ck off with the regulations.
Soon it will be come like where I live. No modification is legal.
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

troy wrote:Is anyone out there using the BAZZAZ unit on there HONDA PCX 150???? I'm getting ready to put on one on my scooter, just wounding if I can see your fuel map for it?
A fuel map is very hard to obtain.
And let me remind you that a fuel injection bike is very sensitive to temperature change, elevation etc.
If Bazzaz has a fuel controller for your scooter, I suggest taking it to a dyno shop to tune it properly. Or spend some more money on an autotune unit.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

That's the tricky thing with Bazzaz (and Power Commander) - do you pay extra for the autotune and exhaust shop to weld a bung on your exhaust, or pay for the tuning time on the dyno?
In my experience, you may even need a winter and summer map tuned at different times of the year. So it's possible the auto tune units pay for themselves in the long run...?
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

You need the auto tune to be working properly too.
IMHO, autotune is worth it. But I think tuning on a dyno is more precise.
I have never been a fan of fuel injection for tuning. Sure it's very precise and advanced but only for the skilled and experienced, and rich.
For the layman it's a nightmare. I do miss the old days when a good old carburetor was installed. A carburetor is much more tuner friendly than a system of sensors and electronics.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I've only tuned carbies on model RC cars, and they were a pain with their idle/mid/high needle adjustments.
The worst thing was I had to re-tune them on the fly almost every time I went out with them. I don't miss those days...
I trust a 35mm carbie isn't as sensitive to environmental changes as a 5mm carbie though. :P
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

One of the best carbies ever is the Keihin PE 28mm from Keihin Thailand, the one with a yellow idle knob.
You can put that on literally any bike between 100cc to 250cc 4 stroke and you can get by with some rough tuning.
troy

Post by troy »

HI! is anyone out there using the PGM-FI CONTROLLER FOR PCX150 V1??? Can I see what map 2 looks like on that unit please !!! :)
ThailandPCX
Year: 2015
Color: matte silver

Post by ThailandPCX »

Hey Dude... I tried to get a Bazzaz unit for my bike... buy, had some questions about set-up... and tried in vain to get Bazzaz to contact me.... But, NEVER got an answer from Bazzaz... and I tried all 3 ways (1) email from their website.... (2) post a question from their website... (3) Left a message on their YouTube video... And Bazzaz NEVER answer my question... So, to me Great Customer Service is a ""Requirement"" ""Before" I will buy a product... So, I never ended up buying a Bazzaz...

And I am Glad that I didn't...

Dude... DynoJet is Top in the industry... and Chris at DynoJet... well - this guy is like most knowledgeable in the performance industry again...

So, well - Dynojet says... they Do Not Make a Power Commander V for the PCX... and have No Future plans to make a PCV for the PCX... this is because they did make a PCV for the PCX and track tested it and found VERY LITTLE increase in performance....

But.... DynoJet does make a Wideband 2.... and this is GREAT Fabulous Outstanding, Perfect..!!!! for the PCX... this is what you absolutely need...

Forget the Bazzaz Unit... not going to do what you want....

Chris set my Wideband 2 up at AFR of 13.9.... and it is prefect...

I can accelerate... gain speed... going up hill... and my AFR is held at 13.9... (stock is 14.7)
troy

Post by troy »

! just installed my new BAZZAZ unit on my modified PCX150!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to test & fine tune the fuel mix
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User

Post by grndslm »

troy, did you ever get it tuned to your liking?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Yea, what happened there..