Yuminashi help!!!!

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Yuminashi help!!!!

Post by Pcxdemon »

I'd be checking all of the hoses and clamps...
Hobbs469
Year: 2011
Color: Black

Post by Hobbs469 »

Pcxdemon wrote:I'd be checking all of the hoses and clamps...
I have pretty much checked everything other than replacing the thermostat. I can actually see the splits in the radiators and where it's leaking.they always seem to split in the core right on the front or back of the tube
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by BPT7594 »

Hobbs469 wrote:
I have pretty much checked everything other than replacing the thermostat. I can actually see the splits in the radiators and where it's leaking.they always seem to split in the core right on the front or back of the tube
Maybe change the thermostat, it is fairly cheap.
And when you torque in the radiator to the crankcase, use your hands, not your impact gun. Do not overtorque it. Might be the reason that it breaks too often. I have never seen a broken radiator before in my life, unless you are mounting it wrong or some sorts.
Hobbs469
Year: 2011

Post by Hobbs469 »

BPT7594 wrote:
Hobbs469 wrote:
Maybe change the thermostat, it is fairly cheap.
And when you torque in the radiator to the crankcase, use your hands, not your impact gun. Do not overtorque it. Might be the reason that it breaks too often. I have never seen a broken radiator before in my life, unless you are mounting it wrong or some sorts.

The thermostat is my next step. That's the only piece I haven't replaced that would possibly make it build pressure. And I usually use a 1/4 drive ratchet to put it together, so I don't think I am over torquing it.