Yuminashi help!!!!

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Hobbs469
Year: 2011
Color: Black

Yuminashi help!!!!

Post by Hobbs469 »

Hey guys I am new here, but have been trolling around for the past year since I bought my pcx!!! Recently I ordered a yuminashi essentials kit which comes with the 164cc bore up kit and cam throttle body and all kinds of other goodies. Well I received it about a week ago and the cam and throttle body were not in the package. I have tried messaging them for the past 5 days and still haven't received a reply which I thought was strange because they were very helpful when I was making the order answering all of my questions. Does anyone know any way to get in touch with them ???
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Yuminashi help!!!!

Post by homie »

we are sorry, due to increased customer demand please be patient
Attachments
toomuchwork.gif
toomuchwork.gif (13.35 KiB) Viewed 2240 times
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Hobbs469 wrote:Hey guys I am new here, but have been trolling around for the past year since I bought my pcx!!! Recently I ordered a yuminashi essentials kit which comes with the 164cc bore up kit and cam throttle body and all kinds of other goodies. Well I received it about a week ago and the cam and throttle body were not in the package. I have tried messaging them for the past 5 days and still haven't received a reply which I thought was strange because they were very helpful when I was making the order answering all of my questions. Does anyone know any way to get in touch with them ???
They seem to have serious issues nowdays. I had similar problems with them recently. I found that the only way to get any response to start a Paypal claim.
may I kindly as when have you ordered your essentials kit, and how long did it take to arrive?
Hobbs469
Year: 2011

Post by Hobbs469 »

I ordered it I think around August 19th and received it September 14th. Which I also received a message from him on Sept. 2nd that said he was sorry it was taking so long but he had to let one of his guys go and that it looked like everything was in stock and he would get it shipped out as fast as possible. So I don't understand why the parts were left out I mean people make mistakes that's fine I usually don't get to worked up about it but at least message me back make some effort.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

Hobbs469 wrote:I ordered it I think around August 19th and received it September 14th. Which I also received a message from him on Sept. 2nd that said he was sorry it was taking so long but he had to let one of his guys go and that it looked like everything was in stock and he would get it shipped out as fast as possible. So I don't understand why the parts were left out I mean people make mistakes that's fine I usually don't get to worked up about it but at least message me back make some effort.
Frack. I have ordered my parts (including a 164cc cylinder and camshaft) on the 24th of July and still hasn't received anything -and they claim that the cylinder is missing while they have sent you one during this period. My previous order with a 150cc head arrived without the double valve springs and with a 125 head gasket.
Gotta love this firm.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Wow, just, wow... :o

I hope you get your order fixed up, can you please keep us posted with any updates?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

All members should hold on any new orders until those members in limbo get their products or refunds. If they are busy then this sorts out eventually, if they are folding up the tent no others can be caught up in whatever is going on with Yuminashi. A good reason to stay in the forum, this kind of thing... help new members and stay informed.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I wonder if Yuminashi are prioritising Grom orders and dissing us. Or if the Grom folk are having problems, too?
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by BPT7594 »

chicaboo wrote:I wonder if Yuminashi are prioritising Grom orders and dissing us. Or if the Grom folk are having problems, too?
Their previous guy who handled customer service and packing, shipment was a nightmare. So I guess it happens to all who orders in June, July and August.
I myself have a 62mm piston waiting.
It's ok, give them some time. Given how bad that "Danny" guy was in the past I think they cannot get a worse person now.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Fingers crossed that Baron Maxmillian will make all the difference, then...

Just to make you guys feel bad, I ordered my CM 175cc BBK from Taiwan on Tuesday afternoon and it arrived here just now on Thursday morning.
Proof: http://www.dhl.co.uk/content/gb/en/expr ... &brand=DHL

I am blown away and amazed at this level of service!
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

chicaboo wrote:Fingers crossed that Baron Maxmillian will make all the difference, then...

Just to make you guys feel bad, I ordered my CM 175cc BBK from Taiwan on Tuesday afternoon and it arrived here just now on Thursday morning.

"Just to make you guys feel bad". You, I like you :lol: .
CM? Is that short for CharMo? I have some guys over here running charmo stuff with varying degrees of success. ;)
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

BPT7594 wrote: "Just to make you guys feel bad". You, I like you :lol: .
CM? Is that short for CharMo? I have some guys over here running charmo stuff with varying degrees of success. ;)
Yup, CM Taiwan is the origin - and that is short for Char Mo. They seem to be manufacturing for others also - Takegawa, Chameleon Factory and RZ Racing to name a few.
And I guess unfortunately the statement of "varying degrees of success" can be used for every aftermarket manufacturer - Yuminashi included.

I'm so friggin' killed by waiting...
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

BPT7594 wrote:
chicaboo wrote:Fingers crossed that Baron Maxmillian will make all the difference, then...

CharMo? Dunno. I think you're trying to make me feel bad now! :lol:
It's just a peg in a hole. Not sure they can do much to get it wrong...?
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Oyabun wrote:
Yup, CM Taiwan is the origin - and that is short for Char Mo. They seem to be manufacturing for others also - Takegawa, Chameleon Factory and RZ Racing to name a few.
And I guess unfortunately the statement of "varying degrees of success" can be used for every aftermarket manufacturer - Yuminashi included.

I have a CharMo? So I bought a Pokemon? :P
The wait is killing me now too. Now I have to find an injector!
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

Oyabun wrote:

Yuminashi's quality is actually one thing I'm fine with. It's their shipping and sales that need to be fixed like ASAP. I figured that my damaged cylinder might be due to my already loose connecting rod down in the crankshaft even before I installed their kit. So at worst, I can only say that their kit helps worsen the rod situation, a loosen rod can cause all sorts of crazy thing, cylinder damage is not far fetch. It's still my fault to install a BBK without checking the condition of my original crankshaft. But yes there's always a risk going out of Honda specs. Even staying within Honda's specs can cause some problems.
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

chicaboo wrote:
BPT7594 wrote:

CharMo? Dunno. I think you're trying to make me feel bad now! :lol:
It's just a peg in a hole. Not sure they can do much to get it wrong...?
I'm just returning the favour by trying to make you feel bad, maybe just a teeny tiny bit :lol: .
Although CharMo is a big manufacturer, I wouldn't oversimplify an engine down to a peg in a hole. There are still some stuffs you need to get absolutely right. I have seen my fair share of failures, from a nuisance to catastrophe which can all be tracked back to careless mistakes :lol: .
Oh BTW, "varying degrees of success" is kinda neutral. I don't know anybody who has their engine destroyed running a CharMo. I only know there's some people in my country selling CharMo at the price of a Takegawa, and I don't like that.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

BPT7594 wrote: I'm just returning the favour by trying to make you feel bad, maybe just a teeny tiny bit :lol: .
I only know there's some people in my country selling CharMo at the price of a Takegawa, and I don't like that.
You can't make me feel bad, I have a Pokemon. :P
The funny thing is that CM make that Takegawa kit in the first place. Sure they offer some more swag with it, but you only get a 61mm bore.
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

Swag is everything over here.
Japanese stamp on products has a huge effect.
Keep us updated on your build. Should be good to see a 62mm on bigger valves like a 150. Make sure when you take the valves out, take the head and the valves to a good machine shop to have them perform a seat cleaning job. Help seal the combustion better.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

BPT7594 wrote:Swag is everything over here.
Keep us updated on your build. Should be good to see a 62mm on bigger valves like a 150. Make sure when you take the valves out, take the head and the valves to a good machine shop to have them perform a seat cleaning job. Help seal the combustion better.
Yep, I'll post up my own thread when the deed is done.
But I find that I tend to be talking to myself in my mod threads. :|

Is valve seat cleaning necessary on an engine that's only done 4200km?
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

chicaboo wrote:
BPT7594 wrote:Swag is everything over here.
Yep, I'll post up my own thread when the deed is done. But I find that I tend to be talking to myself in my mod threads. :|

Is valve seat cleaning necessary on an engine that's only done 4200km?
I would say no, if you're lazy. If you are not going to take the valves and valve springs out, installing does not require the removal of the valves and springs themselves, just leave them happy in their place, drop in the new cylinder and piston and you're good to go.

I'd get that 31mm Throttle body and bigger fuel injector. The difference in performance is substantial.