YSS G Euro Shocks

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

YSS G Euro Shocks

Post by outlander »

I'm ready to order a set of yss g euro shocks. I would like them in red. I was going to order the xxl from biker bitz but they only sell it in chrome. I'm 220lbs and sometimes ride 2 up. The reading I did shows the xxl is suited to me.

Powerbypcx have them in red but they only sell xl. I emailed them to ask why and they said the xxl is too hard and that the adjustability of the xl is the best option.

What is your opinion?
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Re: YSS G Euro Shocks

Post by Oyabun »

It depends on your riding preference, and how much you're riding two up. I'm about 80-85kg with gear - and have a Z series XL, but for some reason it has the same spring rate as the xxl G series. For me it is definitely too hard. It only starts to feel good when I ride two up -2hich I do very seldomly- but even then it is at minimum preload. Mind you only the preload is adjustable on these - which is good to set the proper sag, but will not cure bottoming out
FYI the XL series have a 14-26 kg/cm dual rate, while the XXL has 16-31.
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

I'd heard also that YSS tend to run hard, I ordered G Plus in 50-90kg, - 4 turns of preload on the springs is all I needed for my 86kg
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I have XL G-Euro in red, they work well for me with about 30% preload for my ~260lbs.
tomtomclub2005
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by tomtomclub2005 »

I had G series XL with red springs on my last PCX- Google tells me my 90 kgs with gear are about 200 lbs. They were too soft, I had to preload my shocks at about 2 cm each to avoid bottoming, which happened to me much more often in duo (and sometimes in solo) that what i ever experienced years ago when g series XL also had rebound control. Those are long gone by now. Bought from powerbypcx too. I was never able to equal the confy ride i had with my previous gen Z series and that is despite i installed Yss progressive valves, which helped a lot and are the best bucks i ever spent on the bike. I have a pair of z series XL on order now and will install the valves too.
Bloody hell, if it turns out Z series is as hard as xxl g series and a rider about my weight says they are too hard, i don't know what is going to happen, it will brake my back?
JonW
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JonW »

The Z series soften up a bit after they've been ridden afew hundred miles.
Jon W
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

Tom,
Nothing to worry.
I bought my first Z series shocks feom Germany and they were felivered with the harder springs. If you check the YSS product catalogue you can find that both are existing az Z series XL for some reason.
The one I have ordered second from Thailand, as well as the G series XL I've brought with me from Indonesia last time are a lot more comfortable without bottoming out.
And I can confirm that the Z series softens up quite a bit wit time - mines went from jarring to very firm.
tomtomclub2005 wrote:I had G series XL with red springs on my last PCX- Google tells me my 90 kgs with gear are about 200 lbs. They were too soft, I had to preload my shocks at about 2 cm each to avoid bottoming, which happened to me much more often in duo (and sometimes in solo) that what i ever experienced years ago when g series XL also had rebound control. Those are long gone by now. Bought from powerbypcx too. I was never able to equal the confy ride i had with my previous gen Z series and that is despite i installed Yss progressive valves, which helped a lot and are the best bucks i ever spent on the bike. I have a pair of z series XL on order now and will install the valves too.
Bloody hell, if it turns out Z series is as hard as xxl g series and a rider about my weight says they are too hard, i don't know what is going to happen, it will brake my back?
tomtomclub2005
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tomtomclub2005 »

Hi Oyabun,
Howdy? I'm relieved to read this. My shocks are blocked at customs right now, just found out. I have to start all over again after my pcx got stolen... :cry:
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

Bloody hell. Your 2nd. PCX got nicked also? Very sorry to hear that. I hope at least your back got covered with insurance. You better install some tracking device and explosives in the bike this time and blow up the ass of the bastards stealing your rides.
I also bought a new (to me) LED PCX. It was a crashed bike from Italy what I got for a few dimes and also waiting for parts to arrive to fix it. But I have my already done bike to use until then.
tomtomclub2005
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tomtomclub2005 »

Hi Oyabun, Yes It got nicked, in front of my brother's house while we were chatting at the window on 2nd floor overlooking the bike just below. Unbelievable. Gone in a hour's time. Got 1/3 of the price back from insurance for a less than 2 years old bike (bast$rds)-
You'll be very happy with the led pcx, day to day it's a really a nice step up from previous versions, you'll see. Just don't expect too much for improvements in top speed, my guess is that it has more frontal surface and worst Cx dragging you more the faster you go . I now got a S/H V3 one, did the PD valves install this sunday, took 4 hours even if i had a full workshop at my disposal- now i am waiting impatiently for my shocks blocked at customs for the past 11 days...Any tips for trackers?
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by outlander »

Still waiting for the shocks to arrive from Thailand. I watch a video on YouTube of the same yes g euro shocks were the top of the remote reservoir had caved in, has anyone on here had that problem?
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

outlander wrote:Still waiting for the shocks to arrive from Thailand. I watch a video on YouTube of the same yes g euro shocks were the top of the remote reservoir had caved in, has anyone on here had that problem?
My right side reservoir weeps after only 1200kms or so. I can't recommend G-Euro to potential buyers anymore...
Save money (and weight) and go for the Z series if you ever need another set.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

chicaboo wrote:
outlander wrote:Still waiting for the shocks to arrive from Thailand. I watch a video on YouTube of the same yes g euro shocks were the top of the remote reservoir had caved in, has anyone on here had that problem?
My right side reservoir weeps after only 1200kms or so. I can't recommend G-Euro to potential buyers anymore...
Save money (and weight) and go for the Z series if you ever need another set.
That would have been my video. Unfortunately they are prone for that and whats worse is if you don't have yss dealer around,you can't get the spare parts to repair. I had to put back on my stockie shocks but they are total rubbish. Yss made an immense change in ride characteristics for better but shame they don't last....