Bikerzbits problem

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Toonman
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Bikerzbits problem

Post by Toonman »

So I ordered some YSS shocks from Bikerzbitz on Friday, and today had an email asking for a further £54 in postage costs. This would of meant the postage was more than the shocks!
Is there anywhere else I can get these shocks from?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: Bikerzbits problem

Post by Alibally »

There might be customs charges and vat when they hit the uk as well.

Sent from my iPad
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

At Bikerzbits they claim that only one forwarder will take delivery of gas filled shocks and they clearly state this at the ordering and delivery cost calculation page (I was ordering shocks myself recently this is how I know). For a pair of G series YSS shocks shipping would have been 80-is EUR. As VAT and customs are calculated on the item price plus shipping I decided not to order from them.
Ended up ordering from Powerbypcx.com. They pricing is higher than Bikerzbits, but they provide a 10% forum discount for members (send them a PM and they reply with a discount code) and they provide a reasonable cost slow delivery (30ish EUR) with Thailand Post.
I also had an other issue with Bikerzbits recently, when they have posted my package on the 37th day after I have placed and paid my order. They still have very reasonable prices thoug.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Well at least you have some bits. We don't have any bits and not much hope of making any in this country. I've decided this generation dosent deserve my America. The rats are jumping because the ships a blazing now. Won't be long before I'm looking for a new country too. Any capitalistic upstarts out there where one might achieve and succeed on one's own grit and savvy?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have ordered from both Bikerzbits.com and powerbypcx.com. Both were fairly fast but I like powerbypcx.com better. They seemed more interested in resolving any problems than Bikerzbits.com did. I know that there are added costs in some countries that may not be easily calculated. Perhaps bikerzbits.com doesn't have a way to calculate that. Still, they should say that at the time of your order.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

I have no problem with Bikerzbitz. Virtually my entire bike is modded with their stuff, and it's always come in a timely manner with good shipping notification. I'll continue to use them.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Mel46 wrote:I have ordered from both Bikerzbits.com and powerbypcx.com. Both were fairly fast but I like powerbypcx.com better. They seemed more interested in resolving any problems than Bikerzbits.com did. I know that there are added costs in some countries that may not be easily calculated. Perhaps bikerzbits.com doesn't have a way to calculate that. Still, they should say that at the time of your order.
Reminds me of Helm.inc for manuals - great if your in the US, no use at all from the UK as they wanted $120 shipping cost on top of shop manual price to deliver to the UK, whereas other outlets in the US shipped a manual to me inc shipping for less than $50.
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

Kind of understand the problem with gas filled shocks like Oyabun mentioned-commercial airlines might say no go
I've noticed if I purchase anything on line from out of the country to Canada to stay away the likes of UPS
Fed-ex not so bad-regular post if offered the best
sometimes you really have to dig to find that option