2013 pcx150 variator sliders?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

mrgigabyte
Year: 2013 PCX
Color: Black

2013 pcx150 variator sliders?

Post by mrgigabyte »

hi everyone let me start off and thanks for adding me to the forums

ok so i wanna do a few simple upgrades to my 2013 pcx150 first im doing the exhaust like honkerman did to his its pretty nice looking and i wanna be heard while riding also

im also looking to do the variator sliders by dr.pulley in eiter 10g or 12g sliders but my question is that i dont know what the true size of them are i see listed the 20x12 20x13 21x17 etc etc etc but i do know that i want atleast 10g or 12g though if someone can help me out with that i would greatly appreciate it

one more thing since im doing the sliders and such does anyone including dr.pulley offer the teflon coated variator for the pcx as well or the nyc ?

if anyone has links or more information that i may be missing it will be very helpful

i have done homework on the rollers verses the sliders and just the true size now for the pcx because im coming over from a 150c chinese made bike and they sure are differant

best move i could have ever made coming over to the pcx series scooter

thank you again in advance
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: 2013 pcx150 variator sliders?

Post by Jge64 »

Based on what is written here I would suggest 13g sliders, everyone seems to like them, I do.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

You might get some help from this thread.
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2105
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I used 20x15mm Dr Pulley SR2015 11g sliders and am very happy with the results.
I'm 6'2"and a little under 260lbs (117kg) so I seem to benefit from lighter sliders.
One of the members with a slight build didn't find the 11g sliders very useful.
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

I have the 2013 myself. The correct size is 20x15, the part number is 2015 - followed by the weight you select.
I went with 12g sliders, the stock rollers are 18g. The 12g sliders I have gave a 3-4mph increase on top and moderately improved acceleration throughout. If you want the PCX to pull to redline, you'll need 11g sliders and even then it depends on conditions and your size and weight. Sandler recommends 11g if my memory serves me right. I went with 12g and I'm happy with the results.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
mrgigabyte

Post by mrgigabyte »

hi k2apache6.0
thanks to everyone for answers
where is the best place to buys them i want to go with what k2apache6.0 has
thank you

k2apache6.0 wrote:I have the 2013 myself. The correct size is 20x15, the part number is 2015 - followed by the weight you select.
I went with 12g sliders, the stock rollers are 18g. The 12g sliders I have gave a 3-4mph increase on top and moderately improved acceleration throughout. If you want the PCX to pull to redline, you'll need 11g sliders and even then it depends on conditions and your size and weight. Sandler recommends 11g if my memory serves me right. I went with 12g and I'm happy with the results.
mrgigabyte

Post by mrgigabyte »

ok i am all set order off carsport after reading everything i went all nyc and order everything just how mel did his wifes bike
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by k2apache6.0 »

mrgigabyte wrote:ok i am all set order off carsport after reading everything i went all nyc and order everything just how mel did his wifes bike
Let us know how it goes, I take it you went with the NCY Variator and drive face? ..just that? And You'll be using NCY rollers too?
My PCX mod build here..
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I've read on here that sliders don't mix well with the NCY variator. So sick to rollers just to be safe.
mrgigabyte

Post by mrgigabyte »

thanks i did see that and i did order rollers thanks again
chicaboo wrote:I've read on here that sliders don't mix well with the NCY variator. So sick to rollers just to be safe.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Remember that if you have a lot of miles on your belt you would not feel as much of a change. When I swapped over, our belt had 3,000 miles on it, which is fine. However, in order for her to only have that on the belt I swapped hers for mine. Her belt had over 10,000 miles on it so could not be used. It has been suggested that you purchase the Daytona reinforced belt if you need a new one and are going to install the NCY set.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
mrgigabyte

Post by mrgigabyte »

thanks mel belt only has 1900 miles on it i figure i would do all this stuff while the bike is so low on miles brought it with only 1600 on it
and i been reading about the Daytona reinforced belt you were saying about when the time comes for that i ll replace with that brand unless the forum members think something is better

thanks again mel
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by k2apache6.0 »

mrgigabyte wrote:thanks mel belt only has 1900 miles on it i figure i would do all this stuff while the bike is so low on miles brought it with only 1600 on it
and i been reading about the Daytona reinforced belt you were saying about when the time comes for that i ll replace with that brand unless the forum members think something is better

thanks again mel
Soooo, assuming you installed it now, how did it go?
My PCX mod build here..
mrgigabyte

Post by mrgigabyte »

went great , very happy with how its performing my brother inlaw did the work and also got rid of the Low rev vibration also
he clean the clutch pads and the inside of the clutch it had a little bit of glazed now nice and smooth
k2apache6.0 wrote:
mrgigabyte wrote:thanks mel belt only has 1900 miles on it i figure i would do all this stuff while the bike is so low on miles brought it with only 1600 on it

thanks again mel
Soooo, assuming you installed it now, how did it go?
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

mrgigabyte wrote:and also got rid of the Low rev vibration also
Can you please elaborate on the low rev vibration and what the fix was?
mrgigabyte

Post by mrgigabyte »

when i would be like just moving the bike with a little gas or in traffic and give it a little gas it would have a vibration you could feel it read in the forums It's probably the clutch that's glazed and cleaned rollers, and all belt face plates of variator and clutch. Used some fine sandpaper /emery cloth and slightly roughened up the face plates and all belt driven surfaces , so we sand the clutch pads and blow out the dust and put new parts in also NCY Aluminum Drive Face , NCY Variator Set Special Gold Teflon Pulley and NCY Roller Weights - 13g same setup as Mel and Homie now takeoffs my if i want to just use a little gas smooth as silk now
i am glad i join this forum very nice people and helpful before my pcx i had a icebear venice with my new use pcx i do not missed old bike at all and hard to beleave i even have harleys waving to me
chicaboo wrote:
mrgigabyte wrote:and also got rid of the Low rev vibration also
Can you please elaborate on the low rev vibration and what the fix was?