PCX top speed

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Re: PCX top speed

Post by Oyabun »

@Foggyhelmet
My '13 model does 108-114 GPS kmph depending on conditions all the time.
I run a Malossi Multivar 2000 with 10.5gr rollers, a washable filter and the snorkel removed. My belt has about 10k km on it, and I'm running slightly fatter (110/70 at the front and 120/70 tires at the back).
Will report about the top speed of my new 2015 model with an all motor build.
tomtomclub2005
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by tomtomclub2005 »

Pcx 125 / 2014 (led) Owner here. Previously had a V1 (non esp). My theory is that the led model has more drag and worse Cx than previous esp due to bigger frontal surface. This model is most difficult modding for top speed it seems (without resorting to BBK).

People complain about top speed in all the forums i read, the French , the Dutch, the Portuguese, the German. I think the bike is simply not easy to mod for this. The various pcx iterations have improved acceleration but not top speed.

I had a malossi on my previous led model and was surprised how good the stock is while reverting lately except from the strange lag at take off. Recently tried dr pulley sliders 13Gr on stock and took them away after two weeks. The bike felt too linear, and really too boring. (found out after initial disappointment there is a post in Dr pulley support forum from owner of german pcx forum saying not to use sliders only the rollers in led model because it makes belt drive to high and there an issue of clearance with new double rigged belts)
Figures i have is consumption on daily commuting in city: 2,2/2,3 L stock-2,5L Dr pulley sliders on stock- 2,7 L Malossi vario (10,5 gr). I rarely use top speed, say once every three-four month so YMMV.

I am also experimenting with a GPR furore exhaust lately, not happy about the fact it's touching and melting my radiator cover ( long story with factory return , i will post in due time) but it does bring quite good improvements in the 50-70 km/h range or 70-90 acceleration ( top speed ? dunno, not been higher since) depending on the weights in the vario. With the pulleys it felt like a compressor kicking in at 50, with stock it's effect is more pronounced higher up. Next step for me will be lighter rollers

Unfortunately NCY parts are nowhere to be seen here in benelux, i would like to test them. Importing them will just break the bank with taxes
Tipover
Year: 2011
Color: Candy red

Post by Tipover »

I have a 2011 PCX125. My bike tops out at 61-62 Mph indicated.

I have a NCY variator, 13g rollers and drive face on order. I hope to be able to do 65 mph.
doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: WHITE

Post by doletotodole »

I DON'T SEE ANY NEED FOR SPEED OVER 90 OR 100, GIVEN THE SMALL TYRE... SEVERELY COMPROMISE SAFETY...
MAYBE YOU FOLKS HAVE BETTER TARMAC ROAD THAN MINE HERE IN SOUTH CHINA...
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Turn off Your caps.....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Jge64 wrote:Turn off Your caps.....
he can't turn them off, it's lost in translation on his keyboard ;)
Attachments
kb.jpg
kb.jpg (201.58 KiB) Viewed 824 times