Stock Shock Absorber Replacement Help

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

DeoSan

Stock Shock Absorber Replacement Help

Post by DeoSan »

Hi,

Can someone help recommend a replacement shock absorber? The stock is ok however i do feel the bumps more than i would like especially when i'm riding two up. I would like something that would help soften the ride a bit more but at the same time not spend an extravagant amount of money.

Thanks in advace!
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Stock Shock Absorber Replacement Help

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

You can check out the shock choices at PowerbyPCX.com

If you need more info use the contact button and they will email you back with installation and performance information. Beware they are not cheap. I believe the lowest price shock they have is 69 euros. You might want to ask if that is per shock price or for the pair.
DeoSan

Post by DeoSan »

Thanks Cheap_Ride. I think i have narrowed it down to at least the YSS brand. There's so many options and i'm now trying to find out just a simple model that of course performs better than the stock model. I'm not doing any high performance racing or off road. I just do simple street riding and would like an upgrade to help soften the bumps and make my daily ride soft and smoother without breaking the bank. I would also like to see if there are any US distributers that sell YSS.
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

DeoSan

Post by DeoSan »

Perfect! Thank you!
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

I've had good luck with... http://enviromoto.ecrater.com/c/1610767/pcx?&srn=0

They only have the NCY listed on their PCX page but I've ordered YSS shocks from them in the past for my GY6 bike. Maybe they can get them. :)
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Get the cheaper YSS "hybrid" shocks and let us know how they are, I've been thinking about getting these same ones. :)
Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (8.34 KiB) Viewed 2628 times
DeoSan

Post by DeoSan »

Lagerhead - Thanks for the link. I'm actually liking the NCY shocks. That's actually the cheapest i've seen and it's free shipping. It's still more than i would like to spend but i'm keeping as a top choice as i continue my research. Did you install yourself? How difficult was it and do you really notice a softer ride?

Dasshreddar - Thanks i'll have to look into that YSS "hybrid" and compare to the NCY. I'll need to see how much those costs and if i can get a great price and compares to the NCY, it may be my pick.
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

DeoSan wrote:Lagerhead - Thanks for the link. I'm actually liking the NCY shocks. That's actually the cheapest i've seen and it's free shipping. It's still more than i would like to spend but i'm keeping as a top choice as i continue my research. Did you install yourself? How difficult was it and do you really notice a softer ride?
I'm still running the stock shocks on the PCX but I did have the NCY shock on 3 different Genuine Buddys. They were a definite improvement over the stock Buddy shock (the Buddy runs a single shock). Both ride quality and handling were improved.

Shock replacement is generally pretty straight forward, I imagine changing shocks on a dual shock setup would be a little easier due to the fact that if you change them one at a time the swingarm is never fully unsupported.

:)