Chicaboo's BBK kit and performance mods.

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Chicaboo's BBK kit and performance mods.

Post by chicaboo »

Oyabun wrote:Hey Chicaboo,
Hope you've healed up good since May. How things are going with you and the scoot?
Hey Oya,

It took about 8 weeks for the ribs and soft tissues to be fully healed and 10 weeks for my spine to sort itself out.
I've only ridden the scoot once since the accident, and every right-hand bend/turn scared the hell out of me. :(
I haven't ordered the parts to fix the scooter, but it's rideable the way it is. I do have a Tsukigi exhaust ready to put on.
At the time my friend never came to help me work on the scooter, and the raise I promised wasn't worth telling me about...

Mum's dementia has gotten quite a bit worse this year, and since I care for her and my handicapped brother I don't have anyone to help me out if I get hurt again.
Work consumes most of my time, too. So any free time I do get I tend to focus on my health (riding the bicycle) and trying to relax without stressing myself.
Since June I've been getting the extensive termite damage on the house fixed, and hopefully that's winding down soon to just architraves and skirtings.

So yeah, when I got the scooter last year, life wasn't as complicated. Now I have added responsibilities and less time, plus I've just plain lost the nerve to ride...
As for me being inactive on here, I wasn't enjoying the experience. I check in occasionally, and have noticed since I've gone so have the ones that soured my time here. :|
Anyhow, when I care enough to work on the scooter and post my experiences, I will. I think that pretty much covers everything. I just need to find the itch to ride again.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

It took about 8 weeks for the ribs and soft tissues to be fully healed and 10 weeks for my spine to sort itself out.
Welcome back! Great to see you posting again on this forum. :D
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Good to see you back. So your boss is still a bum, many are these days.

Stay healthy. :) :)
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Good ro hear that you've got mended - some of the other new is not great though. Keep on healing and don't stress about not riding the pcx.
BTW, You see - your absence was noted, and many expressed their gratitude and good wishes that you're back.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Hey kids,

I thought I might as well update you all in this thread, since it was the last one I was active in.
Today the scooter went away to the assessment centre so that insurance can decide what to do with it.
If they fix it - whatever - it will eventually get finished. If they write it off, I do well from it financially...
If they do write it off, I will have some parts and accessories to sell to minimise my financial burdens.
I'm in no hurry, but if I do back to riding again, I might get a larger scooter like a DT350i or BV350?
There are some motorcycles I am keen on, like the CRF250LA, Duke 390, SWM 440 SV, CMX500, etc...
In the next few business days I should find out what is happening with the scooter, and you let know.

Cheese, Gav.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Will keep fingers crossed so you get the best out of it.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

:geek: I took my PCX out of winter storage in our basement a week or so ago and I could tell right away that the tires felt a little soft. I rode it to my neighbor's carport and he pumped up the tires with his 120vac electric compressor. (The only compressor I have plugs into a car 12 volt outlet.) In any case, the tire pressure was way down on both the front and the back tire. By waaaay down I mean they were in the teens. The bikes were in the basement so that I could modify them while they were stored for the winter.

I know tire pressure goes down over time, and I saw the results of mine just sitting in storage, so maybe your tire pressure was much too low for riding. Have someone check the tire pressure for you while you are "in storage"... (better than saying that you are injuried. ;)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome back Chicaboo! :)
Sounds like you've had and still have, a lot on your plate. God Bless you for the care you've given others while trying to heal yourself. I wish You the best in being whole again.

I certainly understand your fear of riding. Ease in, take your time. Trust your gut. Only "You" will know when "You're" ready to roll again and on what bike. Be careful with your decision on size. Bigger is Not always Better. We sometimes call our PCX'S beginner bikes. While that may be true, it might be the only bike some will ever ride. And, that's perfectly okay ;) After all, many of us know folks who are fortunate enough to be riding at all after their ugly experiences. I've had a few myself.

The PCX is the FFO of scoots. The Fun Flickable One. They've come along way since model year 2010/2011. You've simply got to sit yourself on a newbie before upping the ante. You owe your FFO that much :D

Seriously I'm hoping you find the confidence to get back in the saddle again.
Nothing Compares.
Heal thyself.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Thanks gang. I don't know if I lack confidence in myself or the scoot? But I'm fine on my bicycles, but that's entirely different...
Anyhow, after months of mulling it over, I thought I would throw the result to chance by letting insurance worry about it for me.
They've already written off my helmet, jacket and boots. So I will be refunded only what they cost me, which covers my excess.
I'm still waiting to hear back about the scooter, so I should know by early next week. I really have no idea which way they will go?
The sad thing is they made me cut the strap on my Arai Vector II Dark Citizen Gloss. I guess I can put it on a shelf for decoration?

WhiteNoise: I'm still taking care of mum for as long as I can, otherwise her care is mortgaged against the house without the funds.
Things were getting too much for me, so I quit my job a couple of weeks ago, and I'm going to apply for carer benefits for mum.
Until I know what direction I'm heading, I'm just doing odd IT and drafting jobs for some pocket money. But I'm living off my savings.
I'm going to sell the Jeep, some tech stuff and my less preferred mirrorless camera system to help eliminate some complications.
I'm not in financial distress, but by offloading some of the unnecessary things in life I can bide my time while I work out what's next.
So yeah, I haven't been able to worry about scooters for a while. But I've taken back up photography as a kind therapeutic distraction.

Anyhow, I'll let you know what's happening when I do.
Gav.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Hey kids,

I thought I might as well update you all in this thread, since it was the last one I was active in.
Thanks for letting us know what's happening!

It appears your life has been a real trip since that last "get off" from the scooter.

Talk about a full plate eh?

Sounds like you have your priorities in order. . .you clearly put family first.

Stay strong and keep the dream alive for your next ride. Good things take time. 8)
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

PCX150Rider wrote: Talk about a full plate eh?
Well, that's why I quit my job. My health has been going downhill the last 6 months as I didn't have time to look after me anymore.
Now, Mondays are my days. I go out for a nice drive and take photos so I have a chance to get away from it all and relax for a bit.
So, I guess if they fix the scooter, I could integrate it into my selfish Monday routine and finally get some much needed use out of it.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Why not post a few of your Monday photos in our Gallery.... in thread: "Today's Quick Pic"
I for one would like to see what you're seeing.
Take us there 8)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Yes! I have just the thing. 8)
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Update: The place sourcing the replacement parts for the repair quote rung me today.
I gave them the details for the mirror extenders and brake levers, but still won't know the outcome for another day or two I reckon.

Gav.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hang in there, summer's coming too :lol:
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hang in there, summer's coming too :lol:
Not in this hemisphere! Brrrr...
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Come on Chic, Brisbane's weather is beautiful at the moment. :) :)
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Update: I just received a text message from the assessor for the insurance company saying it is uneconomical to repair my scooter.
I got a similarly brief email from the insurance company saying someone will be in touch me, and to have my financial details prepared.
So it looks like it is definitely written off, and I will be formally advised sometime later today, most likely. Money-wise, I can't complain...

Gav.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

What about improvements you have done to the scooter? If you have receipts maybe they will give you more money.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I'm getting good money for the scooter, and back what the riding gear cost me.
By the time I sell the parts I have lying around I will come out in front I believe.