Short people boots

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Short people boots

Post by Indyglow »

tn_rat+tall boots 011.JPG
tn_rat+tall boots 011.JPG (19.46 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
Got these boots and now I can flat-foot my PCX. They are called Volatile Jobsite boots. I got mine for $20 from the Volatile website but they are also available for $59 on Amazon and eBay. The UPS guy dropped them off today and 20 minutes later I was out riding, trying them out. They work very well and are comfortable, even for walking.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Short people boots

Post by you you »

I'd look like lurch in those...
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

can you get them with lift inserts?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

What I've done:

Part I - I'm not really that short, almost 5'5" but when I rode my (now sold) Piaggio MP3 (w/seat height nearing 32") I found I needed substantial boot height to help me "touchdown." I took my pair of Tourmaster boots to get resoled. Not too costly considering it might solve my problem. When I got them back and sat on the MP3 it was Too much height! So, I never used them (I still have them & will be posting them up for sale on the forum soon).

Part II - I then had the seat customized on that scoot at a bike upholstery shop. It was lowered by shaving, narrowing, re-cushioning & then reupholstering. It helped...a lot! Looked spot on too!

Part III - Still wasn't enough help (OMGosh, right?) I had heard & read about some amazing "lift boots" by Frey Daytona. Very expensive and Not found easily in the U.S. (I know of one Dealer in California and that's where I ordered mine. Over the phone). Took weeks for my boots to arrive in their store from Germany & for me to get them. Now I see that Revzilla sells them (when they have stock) you can look here if interested, for more info http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dayt ... -gtx-boots
The boots along with my custom seat did the touchdown trick but....the boots were tight. I have since replaced them with the next size up. Perfect fit. Happy Feet!

Part IV - I've listed the tight fitting boots on our For Sale/Wanted forum.

Part V - I totally understand the need to flatfoot your scoot. I can on the PCX and others. Do what ya gotta do to make it happen and to be a "safer happier rider" Cheers! :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Quick photos of both pairs of boots I spoke of above (moon walkers :P work for shorter folks on taller bikes). Both pairs are up For Sale (Daytona's are listed. See For Sale/Wanted forum).
Just proves that You Can ride the bike of your dreams if seat height was your issue.
It's said, "When there's a Will, there's a Way ;) Ride on >>>>>
Attachments
Daytona's w/higher heal Plus an Inner (removable) Lift
Daytona's w/higher heal Plus an Inner (removable) Lift
image.jpg (35.89 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Tourmaster After
Tourmaster After
image.jpg (12.54 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Tourmaster Before
Tourmaster Before
image.jpg (11.77 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You