Elegant?

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Elegant?

Post by fish »

No. But effective,
I ride out before sunrise - so I often ride home with a very low sun.
My helmet has a dark flip down - but that darkens everything - including the sharp shadows on a bright sunny day.
I prefer to ride into an early morning sun after applying a strip of painter's tape for a visor. (like putting your car's sun visor down)

I don't ride in a low afternoon sun. Too many cars being blinded. (Clooney was hit by a guy who said the sun blinded him. Didn't know he was there, until he "heard the thump" !)

Carry a roll with every ride. Put it on, ride home. Take it off.

I noticed a couple of 'thumbs up' from some passing local deputies. Then I remembered - a female deputy was killed a few years ago - the police applied a blue line on the front of their police/sheriff vehicles to remember her.
Fish
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Elegant?

Post by kramnala58 »

fish wrote:No. But effective,
My helmet has a dark flip down - but that darkens everything - including the sharp shadows on a bright sunny day.
I prefer to ride into an early morning sun after applying a strip of painter's tape for a visor. (like putting your car's sun visor down)
I don't ride in a low afternoon sun. Too many cars being blinded. (Clooney was hit by a guy who said the sun blinded him. Didn't know he was there, until he "heard the thump" !)
Carry a roll with every ride. Put it on, ride home. Take it off.
I noticed a couple of 'thumbs up' from some passing local deputies. Then I remembered - a female deputy was killed a few years ago - the police applied a blue line on the front of their police/sheriff vehicles to remember her.
Fish
Is that a PCX in the background? I thought you had a Forza or something else.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

That's a CB500x in the background.
Fish, are you on CB500x.com too?
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

No. But effective,
Good post!

Sun blindness is a real threat to public safety.

FWIW sometimes I just make a momentary left hand salute to shield sun glare coming up to traffic lights or where appropriate.

The slide-down sun shield on my modular helmet does darken everything as well but not a perfect solution when riding directly into that nuclear glare.

I think the tape would be especially helpful for extending riding into sunsets or sunrises. :geek:

My 3/4 open face has a snap-on visor which helps but I have to lean more into the ride when using it under extreme conditions. 8)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I say, "If it works and saves your life, just do it!"

Now, you could get color coordinated and buy some of the green Frog painters tape, but it all works the same, so who cares. :-)

Did you know that the Frog tape also comes in yellow?? I didn't, but here it is:

https://smile.amazon.com/Frogtape-28022 ... 3267895011
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers