Trousers for very short riders!

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Trousers for very short riders!

Post by gse123 »

I have just received delivery of my PCX, and along with it, the dealer included a textile armoured Jacket, Trousers, Gloves and Helmet, which was great.

They all all fine apart from the trousers that are ok round the waist, but massively too long (I am only 5'4). If I attempt to shorted them myself, it is going to leave the knee armour in completely the wrong place.

Does anyone know of any good choices for the shorter rider? Even when I buy trousers for work at the shortest leg length I still end up having to take a little bit off them! :(
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: Trousers for very short riders!

Post by maddiedog »

Hmm, that's a tough one. I know WhiteNoise is around your height, maybe he'll have some advice.

I'd take them to get tailored and have them hem the bottom and take some fabric in at the top of the legs too.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

Just found these - they come in 'extra short'!

http://www.jtsbikerclothing.com/shop/pr ... black.html
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

A tailor can shorten them and move the knee armor up for you.

If the tailor doesn't think he can move the armor, check with an upholsterer or cobbler or luggage repair
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Here's a possibility to consider: http://www.bohn-armor-pants.com/catalog/
Wear your favorite owned pants/trousers/slacks or jeans over them. The Key here is to pick a pair that are just a little big on you, so the Bohn's fit you comfortably underneath.
You can even layer pants (it's warmer that way) such as this: thermal underwear, then bohn pants, then pants of your choice :) Pretty cool huh?
Store bought cycle pants? I find "Rev'it" pants a good fit. I first call the website (my choice was Revzilla customer svc.), I reveal my measurements (to a stranger? Yep :D ) & then get spot on help in the fitting for this body.
gse123, I did read that you picked a pair of trousers from the link you shared above. Good luck if you ordered them. They seem protective from where I sit and fairly priced. Stay warm pcx'er. WN
Attachments
Bohn Adventure Pants.jpg
Bohn Adventure Pants.jpg (13.22 KiB) Viewed 1849 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

Well, my Extra Short trousers arrived today.... they fit fine round the waist, the length is fine, however the knee armour is too low, and does not cover my knees at all (and is not adjustable)

I think I'm going to have to accept that for my height / leg length I will struggle to find anything off the shelf that is perfect for me.... and will have to get anything like that I buy adjusted / tailored afterwards to fit, which is a bit frustrating as it is yet more additional cost. Oh well.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Have you tried them sitting on the bike. The knee armour rises as you sit
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

qed wrote:Have you tried them sitting on the bike. The knee armour rises as you sit
Sitting on the bike I still need to 'hitch' the trousers up a little bit to make sure they are fully covering my knee cap. And I al really not happy at how much they seem to move around... can't imagine if I came off the bike they would stay neatly on my knee caps that's for sure!

I've just ordered some standalone knee protectors that I can strap into place under any trousers to add the protection, so i'll just take the supplied armour pads out of my new trousers and they will be fine.
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Forgive my ignorance of how your pants are constructed... Is the armor removable? If so, it should be fairly easy to move the pocket that holds the armor. Additionally, if the pants are too baggy or floppy, and don't hold the armor in place in an emergency, the pants can be tapered to give you a closer fit.

Your tailor will charge you for the service, but it should be cheaper than the cost of new armored pants, and they will then be custom fitted.