Helmet

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Helmet

Post by gn2 »

Sandymay wrote:good to have an idea what features I should be looking for.
The Sharp website is a very good place to start. http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/
Pay particular attention to "Getting the right fit", the best helmet in the world is no use if it comes off because it doesn't fit properly.
Only go for an open or flip front if you are fed up with your face and want to leave it behind on the road surface.
Imagine running as fast as you can on a road surface and diving face first onto the ground.
Now imagine doing it at 50mph.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Hax
Year: 2016
Color: Black

Re: Helmet

Post by Hax »

I have used a Roof Boxer for years (not the same one!) because I like to have the choice of full or open face. Having said that I ride it as an open face 95% of the time, especially on the PCX, where use is around city.

I also have a small open face that I wear for short journeys in warm weather (2 days per year in Britain!). Tend to wear Dirty Dog shades with both helmets when sun is shining (5 days in Britain).
I know that full face helmets are safer but haven't liked them since I first tried an open face about 22 years ago.
Have had Bell (great helmet) and Davida (well made but didn't suit me) but always go back to Roof. I did have a Held but that was loaned to a friend and I didn't get it back!