Identify this helmet...

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Identify this helmet...

Post by homie »

Attachments
whatsit.png
whatsit.png (320.11 KiB) Viewed 4868 times
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Identify this helmet...

Post by kramnala58 »

Motorcycle?

ATV?

Snow Mobile?

:roll:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Scorpion branded. Are you looking for model name? Might be a customized Scorpion (or Not even a Scorpion? Just tagged as one?)
Looking on the www ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Didn't recognize the Scorpion logo... thanks

2017 'Scorpion Covert' motorcycle helmet http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scor ... aQod3pIOvw

Revzilla dosent have a review or dedicated video yet but that's an interesting design for a reasonable price. The things I see appealing, the scoop that would keep your chin down at speed, the large taps on the visor for easy use, the three piece half & three quarter shell conversions. Looks like an acceptable sport bike/scooter dual purpose helmet in a riot gear theme. Kinda awesome, but will wait for the reviews.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scor ... tom-helmet
^ the exact one you posted for a few more dinero's than the solid color.
I think it's rad!...Cool Dude! But the Bulk in the chinny chin chin and neck seems a bit much? Maybe uncomfortable? Hmm...worth a Try-On homie 8) I like!

Here's looking atcha (in the solid)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (19.19 KiB) Viewed 4820 times
Lots of Nooks and Cranny's :roll: (thinking bugs)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Dragging and dropping images into Google search often gives good results too.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:Didn't recognize the Scorpion logo... thanks

2017 'Scorpion Covert' motorcycle helmet http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scor ... aQod3pIOvw

Revzilla dosent have a review or dedicated video yet but that's an interesting design for a reasonable price. The things I see appealing, the scoop that would keep your chin down at speed, the large taps on the visor for easy use, the three piece half & three quarter shell conversions. Looks like an acceptable sport bike/scooter dual purpose helmet in a riot gear theme. Kinda awesome, but will wait for the reviews.

It's a bit too cringingly close to faux military.

So it doesn't (....does not....) do it for me.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

It does seem the industry is trending toward these police, swat, riot gear fighter pilot looks. I can't say I want to be the first to sport this new look but there does seem to be potential for more versatile configurations in an all-in-one helmet with better cable drawn visor operations in the design. If these prove to meet saftey requirements and demanding customer satisfaction we might all be wearing retro helmets someday soon... if it's not a fad.
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

I like it, it's a bit 'snowmobile'ish' isn't it? It might be a bit too sweaty for Florida, but the styling is pretty badass.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I wonder if it would be hard to see your instruments. Downward visibility looks a bit compromised.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

GeorgeSK wrote:I wonder if it would be hard to see your instruments. Downward visibility looks a bit compromised.

I rarely take my ukelele on my bike.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:It does seem the industry is trending toward these police, swat, riot gear fighter pilot looks. I can't say I want to be the first to sport this new look but there does seem to be potential for more versatile configurations in an all-in-one helmet with better cable drawn visor operations in the design. If these prove to meet saftey requirements and demanding customer satisfaction we might all be wearing retro helmets someday soon... if it's not a fad.

True. Over here though an interest in combat gear etc is a big sign you have "issues" unless you are with the armed forces in some capacity.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

My 1st thought from the initial helmet pic was, if we ever succumb to an alien invasion by lizard people I expect them to be wearing helmets similar to that :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

All full face, sun visor helmets de-humanize us to a degree. The mystery behind the mask dosent help us make friends on the streets. People imagine the worst, fear and intimidation play a part in our experience as bikers. The scooter goes a long, long way toward defusing the negative imagination regardless the helmets threatening appearance. We all know that many bikers seek out and want a more threatening impression and some of the most hideous helmets and face masks are available. I'm not one to be scaring little children in the back seat so if that's the idea behind the designs... no thanks.

WhiteNoise I don't know if you noticed the whole chin and back side come off and you could just take it to the sink after a buggy ride. They do need to make the flip visor 'cable drawn' like Schuberth's and of very good non-scratch quality or this is a fail. That flip sun visor is the main impact visor and I would be concerned about noise when fully assembled... so we wait for reviews but 200.00 is a fare price if built well.
Attachments
scorpion_covert_helmet_matte_black_detail (2).jpg
scorpion_covert_helmet_matte_black_detail (2).jpg (10.84 KiB) Viewed 4770 times
scorpion_covert_helmet_matte_black_detail (1).jpg
scorpion_covert_helmet_matte_black_detail (1).jpg (9.66 KiB) Viewed 4770 times
scorpion_covert_helmet_matte_black_detail.jpg
scorpion_covert_helmet_matte_black_detail.jpg (12.31 KiB) Viewed 4770 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

LS2 rocks a loaded modular helmet 'cable drawn' sun visor with a fighter pilot look... NICE!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Commands Attention
It's a cool looking lid and yeah homie I noticed the puzzle pieces right away. (More to come apart in a fall?) let's Not go there right now :P crazy but I'm liking it and yes, it is fairly priced ;) Would I buy one? Doubt it, but I'm quirky enough to change me mind.

Bugs? I don't want no Stinkin' Bugs! :P Simples...De-puzzle her n Git the hose!

Color Flat Black is the key, the other Multi flat shown is fine too, I can't imagine it selling in White. Loses impact (don't take that to the tarmac peeps, I meant it as a No Sale item ;)
Therefore....No other flavors offered (yet).

Yep, Seems lids Are headed in (play on words :D ) another direction. HJC's Marvel lids have arrived (I like). Next?....(street legal) Star Wars or.......?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Stay Warm...winters on the rise!

What is it about lids homie? We likes 'em don't we?
That LS2 Metro packs a nice bundle of features, and as usual Revzilla-man, Anthony did a great detailed review.

I like the sun visor's shape and its dark(er) black smoke color. Many are gray to dark gray smoke. Here's a Biggie > I really appreciate the many detents available when raising the outer shield. I like to slightly crack it open and have it stay! Itsa best feature on my Nolan N104. This one rocks it too.

Anthony claims it has v.g. venting...But think twice about wearing this lid in cooler-cold temps! Those front vents Stay Open "at all times." Revzilla mentions taping them closed then adds, he wouldn't if it were his. And as all modular lids manufactured (and common sense tells) they're heavier. The LS2 Metro is no exception. At 3lbs 12ozs it's heavier than a full face helmet. Still very wearable compared to a 4 pounder +

Less of a fighter appearance I'd give this one a Go homie. So what's Your flavor? 8)

Choices are the Metro Solid, the Metro Rapid and Metro Firefly.
The "Metro Solid"" offers a Black, Matte Black and a White.
The "Metro Rapid" in combo color White/Black, Blue/White/Black or Red/White/Black.
Lastly a Different choice is the "Metro Firefly." White with Reflective bands?

No surprise here: My (Wait for a Sale choice): a Metro Solid White or a Metro Rapid White/Black.
FIREFLY anyone?
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Robocop???
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JohnL wrote:Robocop???
:D :D :D Robocop, apache/fighter pilot SWAT look. It's all good on a moped.

Bound to command respect :D by the bucket load. :lol: :lol:

Whatever happened to florescent fantasies? A touch more dignity then.

Maybe not :lol:
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Good point about it being it moped...LOL....Any helmet that makes the statement is not something I want to put on my head. Whether it be the Iron Man helmet, this type of fighter helmet or anything else just seems to be a little bit too much for a scooter. I'll take a conventional Schuberth design look any day. However I do like scorpion, I own two of their helmets, they really fit well.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI