Zox Bluetooth helmet review

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Zox Bluetooth helmet review

Post by honkerman »

I got one of these after my crash last year. Long story short, if I had it to do over again, I'd probably have gotten something a bit better. See link for blog post.

http://scootinfool.blogspot.com/2016/06 ... eview.html
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Re: Zox Bluetooth helmet review

Post by easyrider »

How does that work ? If you use your phone doesn't that require 3 G and use up lots of DATA? or do you use a Walkman type device /phone with recorded music and Bluetooth it over to the helmet..?or a portable radio with blue tooth ?
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

easyrider wrote:How does that work ? If you use your phone doesn't that require 3 G and use up lots of DATA? or do you use a Walkman type device /phone with recorded music and Bluetooth it over to the helmet..?or a portable radio with blue tooth ?
I have a 15 gig data plan, an LTE phone and Pandora. Sometimes I'll use iheartradio, also on my phone. Music streaming doesn't really kill my data use. Even when I had a 5 gig plan, I still was used only about 2/3 of the plan each month on music streaming.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Yes we live in a disposable world. Many companies can get things made so inexpensive that they still turn a nice profit with products that may not be 100 percent duty cycle. There are enough customers who will not use that helmet to failure, you are the exception. You are the percentage they already factor in for full replacement. Like window shades these days, you can mis-measure, receive malfunctioning product and they won't argue with you for free replacement. Excellent customer service in a (not so good) product line is a business strategy, one born out of online shopping with mega outlets who enforce vendors satisfy their customers or get off their listings... and it works.

The WOW helmets are bordering this kind of business strategy but is actually a good disposable helmet. I have two now, one for day and one for night. At 39usd you just can't beat that if you drop it or go on my crash survivors list. As for communication we don't have a disposable one yet. Get a SENA for now.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Both my sub £60 helmets (2 off) are 4 star 'sharp' rated are fine 2 years in - used all year round all weathers. Most helemts should last ages if not mal treated - seems your first was early production and perhaps not supposed to be on sale.