Which bluetooth communicator?

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

raito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: matte silver

Which bluetooth communicator?

Post by raito »

I want to upgrade my riding experience by getting a bluetooth communicator. After watching some youtube vidoes and reading some articles/reviews on some of them, I almost decided to get the Sena 20S. But after doing some more watching and reading, I am not confident about its durability in the rain. I also read complaints about the 'Ambient mode' feature not functioning properly, making it just a gimmick!

Someone here got Sena 20S and happy with it? Should I instead go for Cardo Packtalk or UClear HBC200 which are both waterproof? Since the 20S is 2014, will they come up with a new waterproof version soon? :?
ImageImageImage
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Which bluetooth communicator?

Post by homie »

My Sena is not giving any surprises and I use it everyday except rainy days. I find it hard to believe that Sena is out there exposed in the elements with a product that can't take a shower but I won't be testing that for you. Did you read the comments and any feed back from negative video's? Many times people get ripped for posting their failures publicly after others doubt the claim and expose the real problem. You have to follow up and note if the poster has blocked comments or if the post is too recent to have any credibility.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I bought the Sena 10S for my Schuberth C3. Sorry no experience yet. I got as far as unboxing and charging it, then family matters occurred. It's now sitting on the counter waiting to be fitted. I read good things about this model and when a sale sprung, I bought it,..."but of course" ;)
Thanks for reminding me about mine!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

My Sena SMH10 has performed flawlessly since I purchased it used almost two years ago. I've had some two hour commutes in bad traffic and pissing rain and it was bearable because 1. My gear was keeping me dry and 2. I had some tunes

There was one day I forgot to close the charger cover and some water maybe got in, but a day in dry rice and it was good to go. That cover broke off a month ago but I still use it in light rain. I would like to upgrade to the 10S for Bluetooth 4 and FM radio, just need an excuse to upgrade...
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

dkazzed wrote:There was one day I forgot to close the charger cover and some water maybe got in, but a day in dry rice and it was good to go. That cover broke off a month ago but I still use it in light rain.
Good point, SENA should move the charging access to the lower rear. If people are experiencing water damage that's the likely design flaw. I'm thinking a second SENA unit as I'm too lazy to switch visors from day to night and then use two helmets with iHeartRadio app making for a nice cruise anytime of day.
raito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: matte silver

Post by raito »

I can't even find the words "water resistant" on any of Sena's official product pages. Also none in the downloadable user manual for 20S. I can't not ride in the rain.. If I need to move, I ride, rain or not.. Well I guess I can take the main unit off when it starts to rain, but that is assuming the mount unit is waterproof?

My dream bluetooth communicator would be.. Cardo Packtalk (waterproof of course), with perfectly working Ambient mode function of Sena 20S, and with boomless tech of Uclear. So, for the peace of mind with this kind of money, it is going to be Packtalk.
ImageImageImage
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

raito wrote: My dream bluetooth communicator would be.. Cardo Packtalk (waterproof of course), with perfectly working Ambient mode function of Sena 20S, and with boomless tech of Uclear. So, for the peace of mind with this kind of money, it is going to be Packtalk.
Those better be all that for the money :lol: No thanks because as soon as you bought it there would be an upgraded version. I like the disposable stuff these days for 100 bucks, then when the next one is out I don't feel pressure to hang on to old tech.

But here is your best price in the states for PackTalk if you are of a mind... https://www.amazon.com/Scala-Rider-Pack ... r+packtalk