Schubert C3 Helmets BLACK fRIDAY

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: Schubert C3 Helmets BLACK fRIDAY

Post by tbln930 »

For very hot climates I might pick another helmet exactly like the Shoei or Arai. One of the reasons the Schuberth is the quietest helmet is that ventilation is very controlled. The Shoei Neotec trades noise for better ventilation somewhat. The other reason is the sealing on the bottom of the Schuberth around the neck which is the most effective I have seen. I also have a 3/4 helmet I use when it gets pretty hot and humid.

The Shoei also uses the pin lock lens for fogging which is very effective.
Last edited by tbln930 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

I'm not interested in a helmet that is quiet, so therefore I'll pull the neckpiece out of the Schuberth, and the price is much better for my budget thsn the more expensive ones from Shoei/Arai.....at $320 its a buy.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

The current price makes it a winner. From what I was told - Schuberth is wanting to make inroads into the US market with the aggressive price cut and I think that will do the trick. It is unusual to find a Schuberth at a local motorcycle dealer. Only the large online retailers have had them but my local Suzuki dealer said they were notified by the US rep that they are making a new push. We shall see. Anyway, it is a great deal at the price IMO. I bet the prices may eventually climb, though, as they spend more on marketing and distribution here. Shoei has an extensive sales network in the US but Arai is also very limited here.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Ive owned two schubeths , when they made the helmet for BMW. Top quality stuff. They invented the flip up modular helmet.
Glen
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

It gets very hot and humid here, so I'm sympathetic.

It looks like the the Shuberth C3 has 3 different curtains that you would need to remove
( http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcyc ... uberth-c3/ )
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Great review!

SECoda/tbln930
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

let me help you with that Pizza
Attachments
tv tray.jpg
tv tray.jpg (149.25 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I'm missing the point on this, mobiles and music are two things I get on a bike to escape from...
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

You guys are so ahead of me on topic. I must catch up! Lots to read, and learn.

Alrighty Received! Size M. Born 9/2015. Good on that!
(Accompanying booklet mentions putting included stickers on. Hmm...what stickers? The ones already placed on the back side? See pic)
More later 8)
Oh, I will say this right off my lid....the chin bar is a bit fussy closing.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (245.1 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (206.62 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Revzilla almost out of stock at this sales price, nailed the last matte black one!
Glen
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

looks like a StarWars storm trooper in white :)
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Yes - I was thinking Storm trooper instead of Stromtrooper there. lol I just did a 100 miles in the Schuberth and it was 57 F here, clear, and clam winds. The Schuberth is so quiet with my Sena ear buds that I had to glance at the tach to shift until I got used to lack of sound. I tested the phone with my wife and it is quieter than being in my Titanium Escape which has lots of sound deadening. I also find I don't need the balaclava to much colder temps.

Be sure to test the size soon. I needed a 2XL just like a Shoei but only need an XL in my Gmax and an HJC. They run small.

With the sun, the glare got bad and the tint lens only works so well IMO. I am ordering the iridium shield for $89 less some Zilla bucks less 10%. They are more effective for glare.

SECoda/tbln930
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

The iridium shield I just ordered was $109 for the 2XL. o_O Expensive helmets have expensive accessories. I saved my Zilla cash and was able to get the son and daughter to get it for me for xmas. :lol: A lot of folks like the blue mirror shield as well.

These are too dark for night time use but great even on cloudy days during daylight IMO. I was surprised to see you can't use any tint or mirrors in the UK.

SECoda/tbln930
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tbln930 wrote:The iridium shield I just ordered was $109 for the 2XL. o_O Expensive helmets have expensive accessories. I saved my Zilla cash and was able to get the son and daughter to get it for me for xmas. :lol: A lot of folks like the blue mirror shield as well.

These are too dark for night time use but great even on cloudy days during daylight IMO. I was surprised to see you can't use any tint or mirrors in the UK.

I think the law restricts you to a certain % tint but in reality you can run what you want as long as you are sensible.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Interesting.... When I was pricing the shields out some UK web sites came up and they had warnings about it.

http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/schuberth-c ... ace-visor/

Not suitable for Use on UK roads - Race Track Use Only

SECoda/tbln930
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

You can wear light tint during daylight hours if the conditions are good but not at night or when conditions are bad - if your pulled over and the police feel like nicking you they will - depends on paperwork and your repsonse.
Dark tint may be illegal all the time as per cars - they are only allowed something like %25 tint and many place dark tint on the glass to try and be cool.
Despite the coloured visors looking cool from the outside, if you want to help with the sun just get a decent helmet with flip down sun visor - no need to spend a lot as many sub £80-150 ones are just as good for safety, comfort and visor/pin-lock.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

They are not supposed to tint the front windows in cars here but many seem to pay little attention to it as well. Where I live and south where it is warmer folks seem to get away with just about anything. Some windows are so dark I just don't see how they can see at night.

SECoda/tbln930
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Jge64 wrote:Revzilla almost out of stock at this sales price, nailed the last matte black one!
Darth Vader now in Da Haus! :lol:
Good for you! Another family lid to be proud of :P
WE are in present fashion and Star Wars ready!! Bring it on!

(Re: Schuberth C3 are just about sold out, but it's still worth checking sizes for those sitting on the fence looking for (x)smalls or (x)large(s)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

iceman wrote:You can wear light tint during daylight hours if the conditions are good but not at night or when conditions are bad - if your pulled over and the police feel like nicking you they will - depends on paperwork and your repsonse.
Dark tint may be illegal all the time as per cars - they are only allowed something like %25 tint and many place dark tint on the glass to try and be cool.
Despite the coloured visors looking cool from the outside, if you want to help with the sun just get a decent helmet with flip down sun visor - no need to spend a lot as many sub £80-150 ones are just as good for safety, comfort and visor/pin-lock.

Good statements

A sensible person probably wouldn't wear a dark tint at night. I've never had a problem in just under 40 years of wearing what are so called race visors during the daylight.

Flip down visors might work for you not me. To each their own.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

....ouuu I like that iridium shield. Should I? Here I am and it's the Holiday season and I'm piggin' out on StormTrooper fittings. That spells trouble on the rise. Being about me doesn't always go over too big round this time of year.
Feeling guilty. Off to Amazon...deals still in abundance (for gift giving).
I'll be keeping my "Eyes Wide Open"
(for me too hee hee)