what trousers do you wear?

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

barljo

Re: what trousers do you wear?

Post by barljo »

louthepoo wrote:they look like jeans my dad would wear!
I think that this sums up bike jeans pretty well! I've just checked out their website, and seems to be a good deal on at mo:-

http://www.grinfactor.com/category.php?catid=32

Some good reviews there, and that will do me. I've worn them once so far, so can't really comment, except to say that anyone should do as they say and order one size bigger than your normal size. My 36" are a little snug...
Tristik wrote: I've never been concerned about my driving. Ever. It's everyone else that I'm worried about.
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

Cheap thermal long johns under kevlar reinforced jeans, with armour, under cheap waterproof over trousers. Wont stop your arse getting wet though due to the pcx seat design.

As for Draggin Jeans, I bought a pair of their oil skin jeans that claim to be water "resistant". They are very well made but have no armour and they're about as water resistant as a paper towel - also not warm.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

edscoot wrote:Cheap thermal long johns under kevlar reinforced jeans, with armour, under cheap waterproof over trousers. Wont stop your arse getting wet though due to the pcx seat design.

As for Draggin Jeans, I bought a pair of their oil skin jeans that claim to be water "resistant". They are very well made but have no armour and they're about as water resistant as a paper towel - also not warm.
And I was thinking my waterproof trousers where 'pants!' (ie. rubbish).........the seat just pools water right under your arse if you are caught in a decent downpour. And there is a reason Switzerland is green, pisses down rain here all the time.

Got a pair of Draggin' jean mail order. Got the 501 cut (what I wear as normal work jeans) - waist is ok but they are baggy as f**k. Still wear them in summer but change out as soon as I get to work. Try em out before you buy.
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

Taz wrote:I bought Cordura texpeed armoured lined overtrousers from http://www.bikeweardirect.co.uk/shop.ht ... ory_id=534 and they are brilliant. I think you can find them on eBay too.
I bought these and they are fantastic for the money! Fit great, lightweight (compared to other trousers I have tried). Thanks for the tip Taz next time I come to south island I'll buy you a beer :)
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

well done lou. Mine are possibly one size too big but better to be to big than too tight!
Lynny74

Post by Lynny74 »

I wear leggings and the longest socks I can find underneath a crappy pair of jeans.

If it is really cold I keep the trousers I work in, on, under my jeans.

3 layers perfect.

Not rain proof but after spending a fortune on overtrousers that never work I give up.

I ride 10 miles each way to and from work. If I put my waterproof trousers on I end up with a puddle in a not very nice place to have a puddle! At least with my jeans and trousers I am evenly soaked....
Lynny

White Honda PCX Owner

hondapcx.tumbler.com

Code: Select all

www.blueeyescomputersuk.co.uk
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

So why couldn't you change clothes when you arrive at work? Then it wouldn't matter what you wore. Buy some Kevlar pants and a good jacket.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
sasha82

Post by sasha82 »

I wear some regular jeans and an body armor vest. I feel fairly confident in my riding abilities and defensive riding skills to not get kevlar pants.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

sasha82 wrote:I wear some regular jeans and an body armor vest. I feel fairly confident in my riding abilities and defensive riding skills to not get kevlar pants.

I'm a child of the 70s and I don't understand this. Hopefully you are wearing a helmet? Before that your hands will touch down. Gloves? After that it's yer sharp bits. Elbows knees and thighs

For me then it's a top class lid, gloves, jacket with a back protector. And guess what kevlar jeans

Flip flops and shorts to go Ldls if im using the scooter for bbq stuff.

Hope you don't learn the lesson that shorts and jeans have pretty much the same resistance to abrasion

Fuck all

Good luck with your confidence. Marquez must be shitting himself
sasha82

Post by sasha82 »

you you wrote:
sasha82 wrote:I wear some regular jeans and an body armor vest. I feel fairly confident in my riding abilities and defensive riding skills to not get kevlar pants.

I'm a child of the 70s and I don't understand this. Hopefully you are wearing a helmet? Before that your hands will touch down. Gloves? After that it's yer sharp bits. Elbows knees and thighs

For me then it's a top class lid, gloves, jacket with a back protector. And guess what kevlar jeans

Hope you don't learn the lesson that shorts and jeans have pretty much the same resistance to abrasion

Fuck all

LOL! No, I have gloves and a helmet on too. I'm a "weekend" warrior so I didn't really invest too much on the gear...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

sasha82 wrote:
you you wrote:

Fuck all

LOL! No, I have gloves and a helmet on too. I'm a "weekend" warrior so I didn't really invest too much on the gear...
Fair enough. I can see that :)
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

You Brits and your trousers. Here in the colonies we call them pants. And we all drive on the "correct" side of the road. Just kidding, I love the UK and want to go back for a visit, maybe next years vacation. Or would that be next years holiday?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

PKrellner wrote:Here in the colonies
Steady on now, you don't want to get reported....
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

If I wasn't wearing full armor gear, and was going for the "normal-off-scooter-look", I used to wear Draggin Jeans most of the time..."but"...I've been wearing Diamond Gusset "DEFENDER" Kevlar Jeans for over two years now....Waaaay more comfortable all day on the Scooter, and off of it. They have a website and a Fully Stocked Store in Lynchburg, Tennessee. I even wear Their Regular Jeans now due to Their Comfort, Great Fit, and Durability.....!!!!!
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow, this is funny! I will be posting a New pair of the exact Defender jeans size 34x31 (in black) later on today/tonight on the for sale board. Gotta run to nursing home now and see Mom.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

WhiteNoise wrote:Wow, this is funny! I will be posting a New pair of the exact Defender jeans size 34x31 (in black) later on today/tonight on the for sale board. Gotta run to nursing home now and see Mom.
All of mine are Black, and real close in size....33x30..... :D
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
PKrellner wrote:Here in the colonies
Steady on now, you don't want to get reported....

Did you? That's pants!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Pants?
You mean trousers...?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Think I'll use the term "Trousers" next time I go into the "Redneck Country" Diamond Gusset Jeans Store in Lynchburg, Tennessee.......I'll see how that program goes..... :lol: ;)
MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MrSuperchicken1 »

skuuter wrote:Think I'll use the term "Trousers" next time I go into the "Redneck Country" Diamond Gusset Jeans Store in Lynchburg, Tennessee.......I'll see how that program goes..... :lol: ;)
That's funny, I don't care who you are! I LIVE
in west GA, so "trousers" would get some strange looks for sure.