Sena Smart Helmet

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Sena Smart Helmet

Post by tbln930 »

2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: Sena Smart Helmet

Post by iceman »

Good earplugs and/or closing the top vents on helmets is often good for protection - not sure if the above helmet is a fad or will work properly.

I wear earplugs and they work very well cutting down wind noise and some bike noise whilst allowing everything of importance through. I do find most of the high pitch wind noise at 30-40mph can be cut out by closing the upper vents on my helmet - if they are open they let the high pitch squeal in, and I find no discomfort or problems by having the top vents closed.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I LIKE IT... now for PCX if we could get one that adds cool motor sounds AWESOME!
Mario
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by Mario »

Just bought a Shoei Neotec with the Sena 10U system and now they announce this :(
May the Forza be with you!!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Mario wrote:Just bought a Shoei Neotec with the Sena 10U system and now they announce this :(
The spec's do not clearly show attenuation of high freq wind noise - you'll be much better off with ear plugs and forget this over-priced nonsense. Cancellation will never be as good as stopping the hi-pitch squeal at source with $0.10 plugs.
I bought 20 pairs of cheap plugs and I'm still using the same pair as I wash them off once a weak and they are still as good as new - no point throwing them away when they work so well and look as new.
Mario
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by Mario »

A time ago I tested some noise canceling headphones and the results where scarifying good, if they can cancel the irritating wind noise without the needed sounds it will be a winner for sure.
iceman wrote:
Mario wrote:Just bought a Shoei Neotec with the Sena 10U system and now they announce this :(
The spec's do not clearly show attenuation of high freq wind noise - you'll be much better off with ear plugs and forget this over-priced nonsense. Cancellation will never be as good as stopping the hi-pitch squeal at source with $0.10 plugs.
I bought 20 pairs of cheap plugs and I'm still using the same pair as I wash them off once a weak and they are still as good as new - no point throwing them away when they work so well and look as new.
May the Forza be with you!!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

Sena is a major manufacturer, I havev two of their headsets and they are very high-quality. I don't see why anyone would think this was be a fake. I don't think it would get through the business channels if it didn't make any sense, and I don't think Revzulla would be selling it if it was a hoax. I'll probably buy one , use it for 10 days and see if I'll keep it.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

I used a noise cancelling headset in my airplane. They have had that figured out for a while but it does get loud when the battery runs out.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930