invisible bike helmet

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

uploader
Regular User
Regular User

invisible bike helmet

Post by uploader »

Swedish company launches 'invisible bike helmet'
Two Swedish entrepreneurs have started selling their "invisible bike helmet", a stylish but rather expensive solution to bike safety.
Hövding is a collar worn around the neck that turns into a rapidly inflating airbag when the bike rider is in an accident.
Full story
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a ... elmet.html
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: invisible bike helmet

Post by you you »

Pedal bike helmet and a touch of spaghetti tree about it
lactic

Post by lactic »

Interesting idea, technically impressive but I won't be getting one for riding my bicycle, especially after riding around on the PCX with full face helmet, my bicycle helmet now feels like putting on a paper hat.
Image Image
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

lactic wrote:Interesting idea, technically impressive but I won't be getting one for riding my bicycle, especially after riding around on the PCX with full face helmet, my bicycle helmet now feels like putting on a paper hat.

I can't help but think that huge collar thing would be more uncomfortable than a polystyrene helmet
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Looks like it's based on a similar principle of the 3 day event horse riders wear, except theirs is a jacket that inflates around their back and necks. Saw these in action on TV during the Olympics
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

JGC wrote:Looks like it's based on a similar principle of the 3 day event horse riders wear, except theirs is a jacket that inflates around their back and necks. Saw these in action on TV during the Olympics
You know you can now buy a motorbike jacket with the same technology
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

uploader wrote:
JGC wrote:Looks like it's based on a similar principle of the 3 day event horse riders wear, except theirs is a jacket that inflates around their back and necks. Saw these in action on TV during the Olympics
You know you can now buy a motorbike jacket with the same technology
Yes Only thing is you have to remember to disconect the saftey cord before you dismount (horse or bike)................................................. o_O :lol: :lol: :lol:
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Ah, these are stupid. This idea (head airbag) isn't new, and it pops up every couple years in some form or another. That video is awful, it's minutes of appeal to emotion, then seconds of functionality. Gah, horrible marketing.

I'd guess they want $500+ or so for them, and like normal bike helmets, they're only good for one use.

I'll stick to a normal bicycle helmet, thanks. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:Ah, these are stupid. This idea (head airbag) isn't new, and it pops up every couple years in some form or another. That video is awful, it's minutes of appeal to emotion, then seconds of functionality. Gah, horrible marketing.

I'd guess they want $500+ or so for them, and like normal bike helmets, they're only good for one use.

I'll stick to a normal bicycle helmet, thanks. :lol:

Wow. Impressed, are you sure you are American :D