Helmet Cleaning

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Helmet Cleaning

Post by waspmike »

homie wrote:
waspmike wrote:Still the best is to wear a silk balaclava under the helmet.
needing to know what you are talking about I found a particularly colorful sales pitch :D

The Miracle of Silk
After 4000 years, nature and science have joined forces to produce a silk balaclava which can help thermo-regulate the body's temperature and dramatically speed up the dispersion and rapid evaporation of the body's perspiration.

The Terramar ThermaSilk CS Silk Lightweight Balaclava is naturally incredibly soft, warm, breathable and extremely lightweight. A perfect solution for cold weather use, the ThermaSilk balaclava will ensure your head stays dry, warm and comfortable in all outdoor adventure activities.
Constructed of ThermaSilk100% pure filament silk interlock.
ThermaSilk is the ideal fabric for next-to the-body comfort.
ClimaSense (CS) treatment is designed to respond to your body's changing conditions to keep you comfortable no matter what your activity level.
The CS system adapts to the skin's surface temperature, providing a warming effect when you are cold and a cooling effect when you are active, with a dynamic moisture transport system.
ClimaSense offers advanced odor control and uses bluesign approved, performance based technologies
Luxurious, soft and breathable.
Warmth without bulk.
Provides excellent moisture management.
Designed to give thermal protection in cold to very cold weather with medium to high activity.
Excellent thermal qualities in a variety of weather conditions.
Compact, effective head coverage.
Fits under a helmet.
Machine washable.
Import.

All this from a worm for 17.95
I live in the tropics and wear one! Good for moisture wicking. I am sure their are man made examples but silk is easy to get here here.
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

WhiteNoise wrote:Oh My God, the hat stories! Sorry, I laughed. Interior's Disintegrated? And I really liked your idea and ease of using the washing machine.... "gently" :| Not so Good!
My disintegration is unrelated to washing as this helmet has not been cleaned. Maybe why the foam disintegrated . But as the tooth brush used to clean it ended up covered in a gummy substance my money is adverse reaction between the glue used during manufacture and the foam.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

The only thing that touches my face shield is Plexus on a Photex scanner wipe. I ahve to clean it after almost every trip due to rain or bugs. I sit in a chair with my feet up and hold the helmet in my lap.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

waspmike wrote:
homie wrote:
waspmike wrote:Still the best is to wear a silk balaclava under the helmet.
needing to know what you are talking about I found a particularly colorful sales pitch :D

The Miracle of Silk
After 4000 years, nature and science have joined forces to produce a silk balaclava which can help thermo-regulate the body's temperature and dramatically speed up the dispersion and rapid evaporation of the body's perspiration.

The Terramar ThermaSilk CS Silk Lightweight Balaclava is naturally incredibly soft, warm, breathable and extremely lightweight. A perfect solution for cold weather use, the ThermaSilk balaclava will ensure your head stays dry, warm and comfortable in all outdoor adventure activities.
Constructed of ThermaSilk100% pure filament silk interlock.
ThermaSilk is the ideal fabric for next-to the-body comfort.
ClimaSense (CS) treatment is designed to respond to your body's changing conditions to keep you comfortable no matter what your activity level.
The CS system adapts to the skin's surface temperature, providing a warming effect when you are cold and a cooling effect when you are active, with a dynamic moisture transport system.
ClimaSense offers advanced odor control and uses bluesign approved, performance based technologies
Luxurious, soft and breathable.
Warmth without bulk.
Provides excellent moisture management.
Designed to give thermal protection in cold to very cold weather with medium to high activity.
Excellent thermal qualities in a variety of weather conditions.
Compact, effective head coverage.
Fits under a helmet.
Machine washable.
Import.

All this from a worm for 17.95
I live in the tropics and wear one! Good for moisture wicking. I am sure their are man made examples but silk is easy to get here here.

The 4,000 years part is so silly and pretentious. And that was just the first sentence :D 2,000 years before Jesus H. Christ was born. Jesus H Christ

The final sentence though is a blessing though

And from a worms butt for a few bucks

Is the silkworm a worm? I'm not so sure but(t) then again I'm not an expert and I'm not sure it produces thermasilk
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

One should never clean one's helmet. The accumulated grime and guck is necessary to keep evil spirits away...
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

... and keeps everyone else away too after a while.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

you you wrote: The 4,000 years part is so silly and pretentious. And that was just the first sentence :D 2,000 years before Jesus H. Christ was born. Jesus H Christ

The final sentence though is a blessing though

And from a worms butt for a few bucks

Is the silkworm a worm? I'm not so sure but(t) then again I'm not an expert and I'm not sure it produces thermasilk
The Chinese built an empire on the backs of those little worms and vowed to torture and kill any merchant who ever disclosed the secret of silk production. Such a process could not be duplicated or even speculated on with any accuracy. Thus the mighty SILKROAD trade routes that shaped that part of the planet. Someone must have leaked it eventually but look at the trade route it spawned before the secret got out.

I absolutely loved 'Silkroad' the online MMO and played well over 100 levels on multiple characters, best gaming years of my life, worth every penny of what must have been thousands in premium tickets, gear and bots. *sigh* so sad to remember the good times and invisible headphone friends my wife called them.