new helmet - Caberg Ego

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

new helmet - Caberg Ego

Post by louthepoo »

Well after hunting around for ages I've finally invested in a new helmet, I plumped for the Caberg Ego for a couple of reasons.

1) It has an internal sun visor
2) It has a vent at the top to keep your head cool and boy does it work! No more sweaty head :)
3) It has pinlock - this is the best thing since the last best thing! It doesn't fog up!! At all!! Wish I'd have got this before, what a godsend!!

The rrp was £129 but I haggled and got it for £116 so I'm very happy with that!

this is the one i have although i didnt get it from this place. http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... ?r=Froogle
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: new helmet - Caberg Ego

Post by maddiedog »

Cool looking helmet. I love the paint job.

Internal sun visors are nice too, I wish my helmet had one. I just keep a shaded shield on mine and flip the shield up at night.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

I debated just changing my visa for a tinted one but I ride a fair bit in the dark and don't like riding visor up.

The vent on the top by the way is HUGE! Its like a sunroof with metal grill that you can slide shut!
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

I have a Caberg Justissimo and it's the best lid I've ever owned. Top quality piece of kit and the integral sun visor is a great help when you're cought out riding into a low sun. It just fits snugly under the PCX's seat which is nice.

Bill
Image[/URL
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

Nice looking helmet did you check the safety rating before you got it ? I think it comes with a 4 to 5 stars so you should be fine

This is going to be my next helmet cheap at about £60 so I wont mind too much when I drop it
safety rating 4 out of 5 stars
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

I've got one of them with the scope design, fits nice and comfy but I wanted a sun visor
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Lou, does it fit under the pcx seat ok? Looks nice...
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

Taz wrote:Lou, does it fit under the pcx seat ok? Looks nice...
I haven't got a pcx mate, I bought an S-Wing! It fits under the seat but its a squeeze, I put it in the top box which is 35 litres
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

i rode today with thehelmets top 'sunroof' open and it didnt leak at all. apparantly if any rain seaps through the grill the blast of wind therough the front channel blows it out the 'exhaust' vent at the back! i dont care how they do it, it works perfectly!
Attachments
caberg_ego_brama.jpg
caberg_ego_brama.jpg (114.04 KiB) Viewed 4332 times
lactic

Post by lactic »

Snap! Well almost anyway, I've got a Caberg Ego too, same colour as the one above, so not quite the same as yours lou.

In answer to your question Taz, yes it does fit under the seat, well ish anyway, with the helmet under when you drop the seat it touches the top of the helmet and the catch is probably about 5cm short of where it needs to be but it will close with a little gentle pressure.
Image Image
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

so youve got the silver and black one? i like that one but i had the choice of the white and black one i bought or solid black and i dont like solid black helmets. how good is that top vent? i never sweat in it! the old helmet used to make my hair soaking when i took it off!
lactic

Post by lactic »

louthepoo wrote:so youve got the silver and black one? i like that one but i had the choice of the white and black one i bought or solid black and i dont like solid black helmets. how good is that top vent? i never sweat in it! the old helmet used to make my hair soaking when i took it off!
Yep the silver and black one, it's basically the matte black with a load of stickers on, it's called the brama and it's very nice :)

Well I don't have anything to compare it to but yeah the top vent is very effective, especially if you tilt your head forward slightly so you're more in the position you'd be in on a motorbike than a scooter and the included pinlock insert is awesome, totally eliminates any fogging issues :)
Image Image