Harbor Freight 1500 lb Lift

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Re: Harbor Freight 1500 lb Lift

Post by SECoda »

I use a safety strap on any of these lifts - even for securing my lawn tractor that likes to roll off.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Drifter wrote:A bit of advice.....if you remove either wheel it will upset the balance and it will fall off....make sure you block the frame or strap it to the lift so it cant fall off.
I changed both tires and did not have this experience. But if one was nervous about it falling there is not much reason to take the scooter that high to remove wheels or clean rims and tires. Just take it off the ground as little as possible. That video was to show the extreme.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Got a lift. Could not resist the sale price. Too bad I had to get it shipped as it cost me more (but still less than the non-sale price). So okay.
I'll see what I got myself into, when I break the box open. I want my 3 car garage to build this in! Even a 2 will do. But neigh to both, tis 1 I have.
I may replace the existing chock with a roll-in lock type (perhaps a condor scooter chock)...not sure yet. And remove the tire stop completely.
Gots to buy a pint of hydraulic jack oil for sure (after reading reviews).

So "it" is This:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (103.5 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Got a lift.
Looks good, hope it works well. Let us know once you start to use it.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I am still PO'd (from twenty years ago) because I only have a deep three car garage that is packed when I wanted to build a four car garage. Women. :roll:

How do you change a tire on that lift? :?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:? How do you remove a wheel? Using the Rear "drop out panel."
You can hoist the scoot up too, on a jack (scissor or similar type). Secure, & Re-adjust tie-downs if you do. I've seen a few videos using table lifts to remove wheels on the Modern Vespa forum. You can probably find demo's on YouTube as well. Everything is on YouTube o_O
Big Brother is your Host
(Don't tell homie :lol: )
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

kramnala58 wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Got a lift.
Looks good, hope it works well. Let us know once you start to use it.
Will probably start a new thread, we'll see. Waiting Delivery then assembly. So it goes :P
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Cool. Wow - that thing is long. o_O I was trying to imagine where I might put it.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Rear ride/walk up ramp is removable, so that lessens the length (after using it). Lift in its lowest position is bet. 7-8 inches high. Pull your car right over it when not in use. If your vehicle has that underside clearance and...watch that chock. Remove it when necessary. A quick type release bracket would be great on that! Condor makes one...I think
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

I just use a car trolly jack and a wooden board to spread the load. It's just to get the front wheel off the ground for maintanence really, not yo jack it right up.
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

WhiteNoise wrote:Got a lift. Could not resist the sale price. Too bad I had to get it shipped as it cost me more (but still less than the non-sale price). So okay.
I'll see what I got myself into, when I break the box open. I want my 3 car garage to build this in! Even a 2 will do. But neigh to both, tis 1 I have.
I may replace the existing chock with a roll-in lock type (perhaps a condor scooter chock)...not sure yet. And remove the tire stop completely.
Gots to buy a pint of hydraulic jack oil for sure (after reading reviews).

So "it" is This:
Had one for 20 years now, one of the best things you can buy.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Great news Dab! Still waiting truck delivery. This thing has some Weight tuit!

Anyday now the lift will arrive. No set date. Think I will call the order desk at Harborfreight to see if I can get some info. It's been a week. In the meantime, I've been making room in me squishy one car garage, for Big Red to arrive (not a PCX you hooligan's! :lol: )
I got me saw horses (heavy duty) set up ready for the crate. Still thinking on that idea though. May want it placed on the floor after all.

So this morning, in between posting me views here...I googled and ask for photos of my cycle lift inside it's box. I came up with an interesting thread from another forum. Wow Cool!!
This member not only bought the same lift, but has a Honda Ridgeline as well! Hey, Hey now....THAT WAS MEANT TO BE! Double Cool!!

Here's the link to that Zuma forum with lots of helpful pictures:

http://www.zumaforums.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =9&t=23231

A Big Thank You for that "TallMan!!"
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

o_O Might be cheaper to expand the garage than to buy a new truck of it didn't fit under. :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Haha! Can't expand. Condo garage.
Hopefully the lift will fit under. I have the same vehicle, a Ridgeline ;)
SHAZAM!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (156.12 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:? It Arrived! In This! Heavy! Packaged in a wood crate.
Let the Fun Begin! :P (Anybody see my Back Brace?)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (263.59 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (231.44 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Harbor Freight has the big lift for $329 in today's flyer! Is that a good price?

Mine is for $89 which is $15 more than I paid.

I am picking up a round pneumatic chair for the garage since my other one is in the basement on sale.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Found out round roller chair on sale for $5 less at Northern Tool right by my house. :P
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

Thanks for the review. I might have to pick one of these up.

By the way, I think you could dispute it if they tried to disallow use of the 20% off coupon. This isn't a floor jack. They call it a "motorcycle lift". The jacks they sell on the site are termed "floor jack". If they gave me a hard time, I might point out that all their jacks have the word jack in the item description, where this does not. If m/c lifts were excluded, the coupon should say so.

HF used to be great a few years back before they started getting all restrictive with the coupons. Now it's not this, not that, blah blah. 80% of the stuff you want seems to be on the excluded list these days.
'88 BMW R100RT
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

SECoda, did you get the rolling pneumatic chair? I have one from a tool show I went to in Florida. I think I paid $15.00? Made by Cummings. One of the best tool aids I've bought. Sometimes I wish I had two so I can just walk around to the other side of my truck, bike, lift, whatever & sit to continue. I find myself rolling More than I care too and sometimes obstacles are in my path. You know...stuff.
So, One on opposite sides....cool. Lazy? Haha, Ya think?
No, no no...I'm not. Just Older than some (?) :P
You'll Be Very Happy Owning One!! Maybe Two? :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

kcpcx, I still plan on posting some lift pics of mine and sharing my experience putting it together. Just need to find some time.
I agree with your thoughts about challenging Harbor Freight on their 20% off coupon. I juggled that thought around in my head before ordering it. I did so over the phone a few minutes before the End of that Great Sale. The gal I had on the phone was just a cust.rep. So I "didn't go there" with her. No point. Not the smartest tool in the shed (sorry).

If I had gone to my local store I would have approached the manager to prove my case with coupon in hand. Showing that it doesn't mention "lifts" as excluded...just floor jacks.

I definitely think you can get your way should you decide to buy one. And yes!! I do remember the day when HF was more lenient! 20% on top of the already listed sale was Not unusual. Ah the times, they have changed :|