New summer jacket

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

New summer jacket

Post by TC3 »

Has been very warm past few days and i have been sweaty when riding in my Spada waterprood jacket without liner in. So after meeting up with my bro today and seeing his new summer jacket i pleaded the wifey to get me an early birthday pressie :)
It is a Dainese Air fRame Textile jacket. Light and very comfy with great ventilation. Has a windproof inner liner to allow use on cooler days too which is ideal as sometimes it is cool in the morning but very warm in afternoon. Fits really well and probably the best summer riding jacket i have ever tried on.
Highly recommended but not cheap at 160 quid. Still it is great quality finish and will last a good many years.

Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Re: New summer jacket

Post by Scottish »

I could do with one of them looks good!...was riding around in shorts and a t-shirt yesterday, nice and cool but did feel a bit vulnerable.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Yeah I was riding like that 2 days ago in town but I have a plate in elbow and felt nervous which is why I wanted the jacket
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Looks great! ;) . I have been having a look at the Dainese Air Flux, which looks very similar to yours, The Alpinestars T-GP Plus, and the Dainese Zentex R. The bad news is that the only one I could actually see and touch was the Air Flux, and they had it in black only, and I want it in white or a soft grey. Priced at 160€ at the shop, but you can order it online for 20 less, shipping (some 6€) not included. I agree that they aren't exactly cheap, but worth it. Some of my mates know how it feels like to roll on the tarmac in a T-Shirt and it looks like they don't recommend the experience to anyone :lol: .

Did you get the back protection?. These that I have mentioned can lodge a proper back protection, which is a sensible option IMHO.

Hope you enjoy your new jacket ;) !.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Already have a Dainese back protector from my leather jacket so will use that. Hope you find what you want before summer ends :-)
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Thanks, hope so too :lol: , but I won't delay it much longer. On the way to work I have to take a highway for some 3 kms and (I'm still breaking in the bike) and I make 80 kph there, amidst intense traffic, so I the need for a proper jacket is real.

If you already have your back protector, you are fully kitted up. Wise man! ;) .
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Always had a Dainese wave back protector in my leather jacket which I got 6 years ago when I bought an sv650s. While it offers very basic protection a proper strap on back protector is the way to go but I would never wear one on a scooter. Yesterday my bro was wearing same jacket with dainese back protector and a forcefield strapon bqck protector too! Looked like a humpback
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Went for a 3 hour ride in 26c sun and the jacket performed brilliantly. Air goes across your chest, along and under arms and back stays cool even with the back protector fitted. I can honestly say you dont realise you have a jacket on when riding as it is that well ventilated. Cant get over how well it fits and looks cool too :-)
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

i've got a 'gear' jacket, it was only £80 but is heavy and quite bulky, its also bloody hot in anything like summer so i think i may 'invest' in a lighter jacket for summer riding. cant afford 160 so can anyone recommend anything slightly more wallet friendly - i do have a pcx to pay for as well as insurance and a new helmet :)
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

louthepoo wrote:i've got a 'gear' jacket, it was only £80 but is heavy and quite bulky, its also bloody hot in anything like summer so i think i may 'invest' in a lighter jacket for summer riding. cant afford 160 so can anyone recommend anything slightly more wallet friendly - i do have a pcx to pay for as well as insurance and a new helmet :)
Spada do a summer jacket that looks good for about 110 i think
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

im gonna be lazy as my internet is as slow as snail mail tonight, where can i find the spada one online?
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Spada air pro
http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/prod ... acket/2132

Spada mesh tech is nicer and is part leather. Costs 135 but seen it for 120 somewhere.

That air pro still looks nice and should work well
Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Fiah »

TC3 wrote:Always had a Dainese wave back protector in my leather jacket which I got 6 years ago when I bought an sv650s. While it offers very basic protection a proper strap on back protector is the way to go but I would never wear one on a scooter. Yesterday my bro was wearing same jacket with dainese back protector and a forcefield strapon bqck protector too! Looked like a humpback
Call me crazy but I wear my basic plastic back protector every day on my scooter. My commute is long enough that it really doesn't matter :)
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Fiah I have a Dainese back protector in the jacket. I just would never wear a strap on type on a scooter.