Gloves - are they all hideous to use?

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

wilbur
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza ABS
Color: The fast color

Re: Gloves - are they all hideous to use?

Post by wilbur »

Here's a slightly different take on the issue... I used to two finger brake all the time. This led to a whopping nasty case of tennis elbow in both arms. Couldn't ride for two months. If traffic looks dicey now, I'll cover the brakes with two fingers, but will get all four on the levers if I need to stop.
Back to the OP, gloves will certainly diminish feel, but it is something you get used to. I range from mesh gloves to leather to gauntlets depending on temp. If you're looking for serious cold weather gloves, check out Corazzo's gauntlets. They're the best I've found for me.
Image, Image
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

I bought a pair of Teknic leather gloves with knuckle armour. The gloves fully cover my fingers to rist and leather is a pretty abrasion resistant material. They're very comfortable with good feel and allow for full hand movement. They aren't weather resistant however, I'm wondering if I can just find rain covers to wear over them. Plus they don't do a great job reducing vibration transfer, although that's more me forcing a poor 125 to ride on the freeway all the time. Lol.

One thing to note is that my gloves are 2XL, when I thought I only needed an XL. I'm kinda glad I went one size up. There is no detriment to throttle grip with the larger gloves.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Spade do over-mits (fit over gloves) which are fully water-proof. Strong nylon material and not too thick.