Advice on Jacket/Trousers

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCXade
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Re: Advice on Jacket/Trousers

Post by PCXade »

These were the boots he was suggesting:
http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/prod ... boots/3661

They looked really bare and plastic BUT he sid they would do the job.
I didn't try them on but they were very rigid, which I imagine is a good thing (as in skiing or ice skating)
Picked up my lovely new PCX 125 in Red on Monday 13th October 2014!
The love affair starts now....
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

sendler2112 wrote:Every one of these threads for jackets, helmets, whatever, that I have ever seen has twenty different recommendations with no consensus.
If you buy a convertible jacket, make sure it has the shell on the outside. Which very few of them do because it is much trickier to build that way. Otherwise you are basically just getting a mesh jacket with an included waterproof hiking jacket underneath. I recommend the Tourmaster or their sister company, Cortech.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tour ... x-3-jacket
http://www.revzilla.com/product/tour-master-flex-pants
I like Tourmaster and sister Cortech as well. I own a jacket and gloves. Quality gear.
Hitch-hiking on what sendler linked you too, here's a video of that four season Tourmaster Flex jacket. See the layers unfold here: or click here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7i2AVricf7k
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh and you know me with sales :) This particular jacket is now reduced on several websites. Two off the cuff are http://www.compacc.com and http://www.revzilla.com
Use their search bar. I believe both sites are priced the same: $215.99 :roll: Tempting
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I don't wear pants
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:I don't wear pants
Knickers?
PCXade
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCXade »

That Tourmaster is pretty amazing.. A lot of thought has gone into the flexibility of that product.
The video is a great watch...

Is that a Medium for Americans! :)
The man modelling that Jacket is AT LEAST an Extra Large... WTF
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

PCXade wrote:That Tourmaster is pretty amazing.. A lot of thought has gone into the flexibility of that product.
The video is a great watch...

Is that a Medium for Americans! :)
The man modelling that Jacket is AT LEAST an Extra Large... WTF
The Tourmaster products tend to run really husky. Anyone would probably want to start one size down and go for the tall if you are tall and have long arms. Too bad it seems they are not well distributed in Europe. They are also getting a bit pricey. When I bought my Flex 2 it was $160 which was an outstanding value.
PCXade
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCXade »

Aye that's a bargain given how much detail is in that jacket.

Does anybody else here Ski?
What are the ramifications of wearing the motorcycle clothing for skiing? As in, will it damage/harm the quality of the armour when one falls on hard snow? I have had some high speed tumbles and the idea of armour sounds good. I do already wear a large flexible back protector similar to:
https://wintersport-online-shop.de/bild ... ski-xl.png

Which would probably work well under my motorcycle jacket as well now I think about it -I assume wearing one armour on top of another does not actually make things worse.
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

Hey it works for The Fonz!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (69.99 KiB) Viewed 1773 times
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

PCXade wrote:Does anybody else here Ski?
What are the ramifications of wearing the motorcycle clothing for skiing? As in, will it damage/harm the quality of the armour when one falls on hard snow? I have had some high speed tumbles and the idea of armour sounds good. I do already wear a large flexible back protector similar to:
https://wintersport-online-shop.de/bild ... ski-xl.png
Which would probably work well under my motorcycle jacket as well now I think about it -I assume wearing one armour on top of another does not actually make things worse.
I Ski but have a proper Ski jacket - skiing came before riding :) The ski jackets have a pocket on the sleeve for the lift pass (you do not want to keep getting it out or losing it, not when all area passes cost £200 to replace!), and they are made to be warm at high altitude. I would invest in a proper ski helmet rather than use your riding helmet :), although, some semi-open face ones may just work!
PCXade
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCXade »

Ha.. No way I would wear my bike helmet on the slopes. It is bloody heavy and is still giving me neck ache as I am not used to it.

I do have a great Ski Helmet, very comfy, probably not bad for a small motorcycle crash (I will give it to the missus - ha) . I do have an excellent Spyder ski jacket that I have had for 10 years, wear it throughout the winter at home and it is still immaculate and strong.

I guess I was thinking about the Armour. I have been wearing my busted up waterproof ski trousers on my scoot in the rain until I get an armoured pair. Conversely, when I get the armoured pair I would like to use them on the slopes.

I guess the real question is:

I know helmets are a one crash and bin item but armoured clothing.... I assume if one crashes the actual armour can be used again (on a new jacket or the same jacket if not damaged)
PCXade
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCXade »

Update: Just bought a Furygan Titan Textile jacket and will upgrade the back armour.
Picking it up on Saturday.

Still on my shopping list:

Gloves
All weather trouserss.
Maybe some kevlar jeans.
Boots.
:)
PCXade
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCXade »

Oh dear... spent an hour trying on different armoured textile trousers at the local motorbike superstore to no avail.
Some had excellent features but I had a problem nearly all the time in two main areas:

1. The knee protector seemed too low.. like on the shin and when I sit on the bike (tested it outside) it was clearly not on the kneecap. Smaller size did not help.

2. When the size was good and the knee armour was the right height the knee armour appeared to be pointing inwards too much.. as in it protected the inside of the knees but the outside of both knees were vulnerable.

Q: Is this what they are all like and do i need to actualy adjust something? The store were pretty unhelpful, just scratching their chins..

Ok, so I might well have pointing out high short knees but they look normal to me! :)