ATGATT or Squidding: What do YOU ride with?

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Re: ATGATT or Squidding: What do YOU ride with?

Post by dkazzed »

Yea, the Alpinestars Mora is what I'm looking at. Nice stylish jacket I could wear all the time. I also like the Alpinestars Scion 2, although it seems more like a city speeds jacket that I should have got for my 49cc but it is armoured.

I want a Tucano Urbano Ermes but they're so expensive.

Leather would be great June to August when it almost never rains. I could also get a hi-vis rain shell on top but I'm kinda tired of doing the layering thing.

Pants, I'm just getting whatever for now.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
Sh3p
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Sh3p »

Ok, so i have been looking at those new A* jackets as well for my lady.
If I am not mistaken, these new windbreaker types are not your average textile jacket. I believe they are one time use unfortunately. I'm pretty sure Anthony (RZLA TV guy) says in the video review that they will save you in a fall with the armor, but the shell will burst.
Old enough to know its a bad idea, young enough not to care

Fleet:
-08' Triumph Daytona 675 -(no org) #159
-05' Kawasaki KX65 -UMRA #677
-13' Honda PCX150
-10' Scion TC
-09' Scion Xb

I must only be faster than one person. Myself.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Have you looked at the Aerostich stuff? Yes, it is textile, but their full-on suits and gear (a Darien set or Roadcrafter overall) seem like about as much protection as you could want no matter what your ride. Price is not insubstantial, but that seems to be the name of the game. To get your shopping started...http://www.aerostich.com/jackets-pants/darien

I have some of their Proteck khaki pants, and I liked them enough to buy a second pair (I only had to buy the knee armour once).

I have a Rev'it textile jacket (the "Tornado" in white - the high vis was pretty nice as well, but the white/silver and red reflective highlights are pretty visible) that is very comfortable even in the moderate heat of our New England summers. The ventilation combined with keeping the sun off make the jacket feel cooler than summer squidding. I feel that I have achieved a nice balance between comfort and crustacean....
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dkazzed »

I just placed a CA$358 order with expedited shipping for Alpinestar Mora textile jacket and Tourmaster Quest pants which will arrive next Tuesday. Should do for now til I can afford better stuff. Next up will be a new hi-vis and grey graphics HJC CL-17 helmet.

Current or arriving:
Helmet: HJC CL-MAX modular
Jacket: Alpinestars Mora
Pants: Tourmaster Quest
Gloves: Teknic armoured
Boots: Alpinestars 10" high leather slip on.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Still searching for a hi-vis yellow helmet in my XXXXL size to replace my all-whiite....and wanting to upgrade from my 95% hi-vis yellow armored mesh-tex jacket to a hi-vis yellow leather jacket. No luck so far & $$ is not an issue...just the sizing is. Need a xxxxl tall jacket. Very few make 4XL leather jackets - but all of them are only in black.
My thinking is that I am safer in a cheap mesh-tex hi-vis yellow armored jacket than I would be in the best black leather armored jacket.
A collision avoided is better than a collision survived.
Might have to settle for an upgrade to a textile jacket - as soon as I can find the one which is not trying to be cool with a lot of black material - and just goes with 90%+ yellow. If some hi-vis is good - more will be better. Looking for that jacket. Not going to wear a vest - not when there are jackets with sleeves & body in hi-vis.
Fish
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Maybe someone can advise me where I can buy kevlar jeans with armour.

I'm 5'6" tall, my legs are shorter than usual, my waist is 44". (I'm a mess :-)

Previously attempted to buy jeans from http://www.jtsbikerclothing.com/ , they quoted 80 English Pounds just for delivery charges to Oz, which I consider bloody ridiculous.

Any other suggestions would be gratefully accepted.
Monty1952
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Monty1952 »

JohnL wrote:Maybe someone can advise me where I can buy kevlar jeans with armour.

Previously attempted to buy jeans from http://www.jtsbikerclothing.com/ , they quoted 80 English Pounds just for delivery charges to Oz, which I consider bloody ridiculous.

Most likely you will have to have jeans taken up as the only variation is "S" or regular length for the waste size. Revzilla.com is competitive and I have often found that gpbikes.com which is here in Canada to be good on many things. Gpbikes prices will likely show in Canadian dollars so make sure you divide their prices by about 1.2 to get a price to compare against revzilla.
2014 Forza - Silver 2,300km
2013 BMW C600 Sport 0km!
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

fish wrote:Still searching for a hi-vis yellow helmet in my XXXXL size to replace my all-whiite....and wanting to upgrade from my 95% hi-vis yellow armored mesh-tex jacket to a hi-vis yellow leather jacket. No luck so far & $$ is not an issue...just the sizing is. Need a xxxxl tall jacket. Very few make 4XL leather jackets - but all of them are only in black.
My thinking is that I am safer in a cheap mesh-tex hi-vis yellow armored jacket than I would be in the best black leather armored jacket.
A collision avoided is better than a collision survived.
Might have to settle for an upgrade to a textile jacket - as soon as I can find the one which is not trying to be cool with a lot of black material - and just goes with 90%+ yellow. If some hi-vis is good - more will be better. Looking for that jacket. Not going to wear a vest - not when there are jackets with sleeves & body in hi-vis.
Fish
I wouldn't rule out throwing a hi-vis bib over your leather jacket. Hi-vis can be overrated, as I've had a couple of idiots make unsignaled lane changes into my lane. Hi-vis didn't help me because they weren't looking at where they were going at all.

I say use whatever you're most comfortable with that still offers good protection. Where hi-vis counts the most is your helmet, as that is also typically at eye level for most drivers.
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dkazzed »

Yup. When I drive, it seems that riders with hi-vis helmets are the ones that pop out the most, more than hi-vis anything else.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JohnL wrote:Maybe someone can advise me where I can buy kevlar jeans with armour.

Google
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dkazzed »

You're in Australia. Draggins Jeans is Australian and has among the top rated kevlar lined pants.

https://www.dragginjeans.net/
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

bizarre logo
Attachments
02.jpg
02.jpg (9 KiB) Viewed 28041 times
Ayush

Post by Ayush »

homie wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:19 pmbizarre logoGBWhatsApp APK
This logo and your post remind me of an 90s song - How bizzare.... :lol:

And i use only Alpinestars GP Plus R V2 Gloves which i got from my friend after he quit racing for good.
leyo01
Year: 2017
Color: black

Post by leyo01 »

ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time) is a great approach to ensure maximum protection while riding. It's important to wear a helmet, gloves, boots, and protective clothing to minimize the risk of injury in case of an accident. On the other hand, Squidding (riding without proper gear) can be dangerous and increase the risk of injury. It's always better to be safe than sorry, so I would recommend following the ATGATT approach to ensure maximum safety while riding. anonymous instagram viewer