jacket whatsit?

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

homey
Regular User
Regular User

jacket whatsit?

Post by homey »

blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Re: jacket whatsit?

Post by blackcat54 »

I think that zipper is designed to mate with a pair of pants.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Yep that's exactly what its for, zip connection to trousers.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

Ok... we don't want to see butt crack for sure. I will look for the rest of the outfit.
WORFAB
Regular User
Regular User

Post by WORFAB »

I believe it is more for when you lay the bike down it keeps from allowing skin to be exposed?
Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

Post by Duggle »

homey wrote:Ok... we don't want to see butt crack for sure. I will look for the rest of the outfit.
If you buy the pants part of the outfit it will already have the other half of the zippered part sewn in. That little piece is for you to sew into a pair of riding pants or jeans (that doesn't already have the zipper) to attach to the jacket. Especially when sliding on asphalt, you don't want the jacket riding up or pants coming down.

I did the opposite. The jacket that I bought doesn't have the zipper thing but the riding pants that I bought have it, along with the extra piece that I can sew into my jacket (or my wife sew it actually ;) ).
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

Got it... when we lay them down (curiously pleasant term for CRASH) and sllllllllllllide on the asphalt its always good to have your pants on when the female EMT's come to mop up. My first thought was an extra zipper for the pocket, then maybe winter insert of some sort, but clearly it is to keep our pants on... if I had some. Thank you
Sh3p
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Sh3p »

Duggle wrote:
homey wrote:Ok... we don't want to see butt crack for sure. I will look for the rest of the outfit.
If you buy the pants part of the outfit it will already have the other half of the zippered part sewn in. That little piece is for you to sew into a pair of riding pants or jeans (that doesn't already have the zipper) to attach to the jacket. Especially when sliding on asphalt, you don't want the jacket riding up or pants coming down.

I did the opposite. The jacket that I bought doesn't have the zipper thing but the riding pants that I bought have it, along with the extra piece that I can sew into my jacket (or my wife sew it actually ;) ).

This is it.

Firstgear is a reputable moto brand. Any piece of motorcycle gear worth a damm will at least suggest full coverage and the option to mate with other pieces usually of the same brand. They'll also include that extra zipper to mate with whatever pants you want. I wear all alpinestars myself and they all come with the extra zipper.
Sometimes they also have another zipper for a back protector insert. I have them in all my jackets and can tell you from experience that they help in the event of an off. When buying new gear, if you can afford the next level up with better armor or protection, do it. You won't regret having more protection and the expensive stuff tends to fit, feel, breathe, and last longer.
Old enough to know its a bad idea, young enough not to care

Fleet:
-08' Triumph Daytona 675 -(no org) #159
-05' Kawasaki KX65 -UMRA #677
-13' Honda PCX150
-10' Scion TC
-09' Scion Xb

I must only be faster than one person. Myself.