GMax Helmet

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: GMax Helmet

Post by gn2 »

For realy hot and humid conditions a motocross style helmet might be better?
Or one of the open jobs which have a chin bar.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

guenthar wrote:I wouldn't be here if I wasn't wearing a helmet. I have actually been looking for a new one lately since I got my new scooter and saw some full faced helmets with good reviews for around $30.
Hi guenthar and welcome! I'm wondering where you found a $30.00 full face helmet, and would like to read its' review. There are certainly plenty of hats to choose from with varied prices, colors, features and "sparkles." I just wanted to share a few tips while shopping: Try it on, & if allowed, keep it on for say 20-30 mins. (you can check out other gear in the meantime :D )....the fit should be snug, but Not painfully so. Try the chinstrap...comfie? Turn you head about, How's the weight feeling? Vents slide okay? How many, enough? Shield lift close okay? How's the visibility? look ahead, roll your eyes side to side, looking good? Check Years on Warranty? So many questions to ask yourself after all, it's about your head and what it means to you. Happy Shopping & Wear it Safely :D :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Mel46, that's scary! Are you hydrating often enough? I carry water with me and stop to drink it. I'm hoping you and you're wife are doing the same. After living in FL I know what it's like to dehydrate and feel totally crappy. I did that, and I'm still paying for it. Avoid that if possible. I now drink a lot before the ride, during the ride and after.
I know "you know" this Mel, you've been riding a long time! With Much respect, WN
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We carry water with us but it is way too easy to get caught up in riding and enjoying ourselves, and I'm afraid that on that particular day I did get dehydrated. I didn't realize that I was dehydrated until we stopped and I felt odd. Once my wife saw how red my face was she had me park it, get out the water and soak the towel, and drink lots of it. Then we drove to a Starbucks and asked them to refill the container, which happened to be sold by them, and I had much more water. Then we sat there for about 30 minutes until I was feeling better. It is too easy to forget about what is happening to our body when we are having fun. My helmet is an open face one but does have the double pull down visors (tinted one for the eyes and a full face shield for the face. Still, it gets very hot under there when the wind is hot and the humidity is high.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

When it gets hot here (eg >95 degrees) I need to put safety aside and ride in shorts/tshirt with my open face helmet to keep some level of comfort. Have you considered removing your tall windscreen in summer? Though here it would mean getting slapped by big bugs all the time, something I dont get with my tall ermax.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

After years and years of only wearing Full Face or Modular Helmets, I've gone back to wearing an open face White 3/4 Helmet (all is covered except the jaw area) "most" of the time.....I find I like the "extra visibility" and less heat factors. I still have a Full Coverage, Flip Shield, Hi-Viz Yellow Adventure Bike Type Helmet also that I sometimes wear in Cold Weather, or Weekend Trips when I know I'll be riding in constant, non-stop rain. Do I recommend this or consider it a better option than a Full Coverage Helmet..."NO"...I guess the extra visibility is an "Old Veteran Rider Perk" I've allowed myself to indulge in...sometimes You just gota' do what You gota' do..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

I've only been riding a week, and have both a full-face and 3/4. I've found that for any ride I know I'll do over 45 mph, the full-face is worth it. Already been hit twice in the neck with the 3/4, but with the full-face I find I tilt my head down just a bit to see how fast I'm going, and that seems to protect me just a bit better. Definitely nicer with the 3/4 on short, slower rides though.