Like these helmets?

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Tyke
Year: 2017
Color: Black

Re: Like these helmets?

Post by Tyke »

Hi Pcx'ers on the helmet front, with the summer coming grandkids have mentioned being picked up from school. here in the UK Many areas near schools are 20mph max zones. the whole area where i live is a 20mph zone, thoughts on helmets for kids personally im a full face person but kids dont like my full face lid on, do i go open face for a kids lid or full face. ? obviously i wont be going over 20mph when they are picked up from school.
in the UK the Sharp helmet scores dont cover open face helmet ratings. what do other members use as lids for children / smaller stature people as pillion
cheers Chris
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Full Face IMHO. 8)

My daughters used an HJC Symax modular helmet. I have a an older Shoei and a new Symax III. The modular helmets give one the option of having full face protection but when you stop for any reason the chin piece can be raised so it's like having an open face while you run an errand or something. :geek:

I see you will be traveling in an area at bicycle speeds. That's good. . .safer too! :D

I've seen motorcyclists riding with young kids sitting on their gas tanks. . .not too bright. It makes you ask what were they thinking? :roll:

Around where I live I felt I needed to wait until my daughters reached the age of 16 when they could get their drivers license anyways before I took them on my motorcycle. Plenty of competition for space on my local roads. Deer and Turkeys are showing up in areas one never used to see them due to habitats turning into housing developments. A lot of elderly drivers who should hang up the keys, people texting, people under the influence, people in a hurry running short on time, and just plain stupid people are becoming numerous in what was once a fairly low key area only 20 years ago. So whenever I ride now it's all hands on deck. . .complacence is not an option. ;)
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

I've got a Lidl full-face that the boys used to wear when I rode them to school.

The helmet they'll most enjoy for cool factor would be a motocross lid with separate googles.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Dont forget to paint them flouro.. :lol:
Tyke

Post by Tyke »

thanks for the input modular/motocross i can look at thanks
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I think kids would be more inclined to wear a helmet if you put something on the helmet that made it stand out, like a Mohawk. I saw some of various colors on eBay for around $14.

https://www.ebay.com/i/131544538451?chn ... 6199664081
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Tyke

Post by Tyke »

thanks Mel, something else to look at these are £30 on Ebay Uk. around $41
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

Taz wrote:Looks better with you modelling that helmet. The one I was shown is a shark evoline. It looked nice but just read a review that its very noisy and heavy. Next helmet I get will need to be quiet!
I have an Evoline, bought last year, replacing my previous Evoline.

The newer ones are lighter and quieter, though even the old model wasn't nearly as bad in both respects as some people made out.