Tourmaster Draft Air 3 Jacket

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Tourmaster Draft Air 3 Jacket

Post by Smaug »

I've found the ventilated mesh jackets to be really good. I have this Tourmaster Draft Air 3: http://www.tourmaster.com/inc/sdetail/d ... _3/116/628

For the summer, leave out the liner, and you get some nice airflow, while still having armor in the right places. Also, the brand name 'Tourmaster' is more likely to get you a warning than "Joe Rocket". ;)

I tried it tonight with the liner in, as it's a bit chilly out here tonight. It works great at blocking the wind. Haven't tried it in rain yet. Need to get some rain pants next.

It has two slash pockets on the outside, and two different inside pocket. One is sized for an old cell phone and one is a full size zip one.

There's a velcro strip that closes over the zipper to keep it from flapping annoyingly against my chin.

Build quality is good; about what you'd expect at this price point. That is to say, you wouldn't mistake it for a $500 jacket.

Here are some pix:

On me:

Mesh action:

It has an inside pocket on each side. Here's one. You can also see here where the liner zips in:

Back of jacket. Tourmaster emblem is retro-reflective:

Highly recommended 3 season jacket. It cost just over $100, I think. You can see from the link above that it's available in colors other than dayglow, if that's not your thing.
-Jeremy
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Tourmaster Draft Air 3 Jacket

Post by homie »

I like Jeremy,
Because it's black mesh on HiVis trim rather than HiViz mesh on black trim. Mine is a firstgear product and the bugs get into the mesh causing for some effort to get them brushed out after an evening ride. Out of sight, out of mind with your reversed color pattern. It's better for this reason alone.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (163.46 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have a Tourmaster Sonora 3/4 air mesh Hi-viz jacket and I can't say enough for it. It saved my life, it let's the air flow through when I am riding, it comes with an inner liner for warmth and a rain liner to keep you dry. I have worn it with and without the liners. My wife liked the feel of it enough that she bought one for herself. These are not $100 or cheaper jackets, but they are worth it. ($200 on sale)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by Smaug »

I tried the liner, which is a wind/rain barrier only; no insulation. It works great for wind. My guess (experience) is that this will make the jacket good for down into the 50s (°F), without wearing a fleece underneath.

On a warm day, it is good for ventilation with the Givi windscreen on the PCX. On a hot day, it would be OK, except at really low speeds. With a stock PCX windscreen, it might be cool in ambient temps below 80°F.

I haven't tried it in rain yet. I'll update this when I do.
-Jeremy
LeewardCoast
Year: 2018
Color: White

Post by LeewardCoast »

Have the same Tourmaster jacket. The liner is great for rain and wind into the upper 50’s for me. A thin fleece underneath will get me another ten degrees before I need my winter weight jacket.
Additional Bikes:
Suzuki Burgman 650
Suzuki V-Strom 650
Honda Shadow 750 ACE
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

Joe rocket has just released a jacket liscenced by Honda, it is summer light mesh with approp liners for cold and wet riding. It has Honda logos front and back. I have put about 750 miles on it in hot weather and it has great flow.

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/joe-rock ... vfr-jacket
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

That is a nice jacket, I like it! Looks very reflective.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Joe rocket has just released a jacket liscenced by Honda, it is summer light mesh with approp liners for cold and wet riding. It has Honda logos front and back. I have put about 750 miles on it in hot weather and it has great flow.

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/joe-rock ... vfr-jacket
Nice looking jacket. I like the fact that it has armor, is available in the gorilla sizes, and reflective surfaces. . .and "Honda" on it! :D