2019 PCX 150 - Givi Windscreen Question

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

wskogen
Year: 2019
Color: copper

2019 PCX 150 - Givi Windscreen Question

Post by wskogen »

I just picked up my new 2019 PCX 150 and want to install a GIVI windscreen (either model D1136ST or D1130ST). Both are listed as fitting the 2018 model year PCX 150. Does anyone know if they will fit my 2019 model year? Did Honda change the position of the attachment bolts?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: 2019 PCX 150 - Givi Windscreen Question

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome to our forums :P Congrats on the New PCX, you're gonna love it!
Sooo...I've taken the liberty of adding to your threads title. I think you'll get better feedback mentioning Givi windscreen. Good luck and ride safe always
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

Post by Oldie »

No, they will not fit. I'm not even sure that Givi have a screen for the 2019 model.

If you need an alternative have a look at this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Windshield ... way&sr=8-7
bugaboo
Year: 2021
Color: Silver

Post by bugaboo »

Agree with the above - it won't fit.

I am suffering from the same, just waiting on Givi. They say it's in the process of manufacturing.

https://www.givi.it/my-motorcycle/bike/ ... +%3E+19%29
If you press the pedestrian crossing button, go on red anyway & make everyone wait in front of an open road - may you poo a random sized cactus everyday.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I don't know where you're located wskogen, but I have a few finds for you and member bugaboo to look at:

How about an Ermax?
https://www.ermax.com/Honda/PCX-125-150 ... ke&id=2608

Or Fabbri?
https://fabbriaccessori.com/en/scooter/3295-ex-2/

Or Puig?
https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/windshi ... bike=22790

and on Ebay? :roll:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WINDSHIELD-SCR ... 3434079708

Please add your location to your profile if you haven't done so already. It helps Us to help You!
Find directions below my post to complete yours. We Thank You :)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
bugaboo

Post by bugaboo »

Thank you @WhiteNoise!

The Puig one actually looks amazing. Combined with the hand guards it makes for quite the piece of kit.

Thanks!
If you press the pedestrian crossing button, go on red anyway & make everyone wait in front of an open road - may you poo a random sized cactus everyday.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I think so too! Cool, if you order the Puig and after you mount it, can we get a look?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (37.98 KiB) Viewed 4079 times
Hopefully the mirrors will clear the screen when the handlebar is at full swing (left or right). It looks promising in the photo. If not, you may get the clearance you need by loosening the bars center bolts (under those shiny center caps). Then roll the bars upwards or downwards. Keep checking for clearance with bars at full swing while making your adjustment.
Fun times toolin' round! :P
Racer83L
Color: Bronze

Post by Racer83L »

The Puig says under development. Us 2019 people don’t have many options. I also want a taller wind screen
Around town- 2019 PCX 150
Longer runs/2 UP- 2006 Honda Silver Wing 600
bugaboo

Post by bugaboo »

Absolutely - if it becomes available faster than the Givi, will order and post a few pics.

Still under development, as is the Givi. They made the bracket for it, but not the actual screen. :|

The clearance on full swing is not too big of an issue, my old PCX would have the mirror stems touch it occasionally - it happens too rarely to count.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Was any time frame given on the "wait?" Puig or Givi? Folks are lining up
ChrisP
Color: red

Post by ChrisP »

I'm also waiting for that. PUIG Europe says it will be available on Apr 9th, at least it's stated on Polish site of Puig. Givi - no idea, no dates. I wonder if You guys can give some opinion about Givi and Puig? Puig boast that they test it in aerodynamic tunnel. I had Givi in my previous PCX, medium one, and I can say it increased top speed by 5km/h and decreased fuel consumption by 0.3l. I wonder how is it about PUIG...
bugaboo

Post by bugaboo »

No timelines - I had my bike serviced last week and asked about ETA's - the parts guy just shrugged...

I tweeted Givi (https://twitter.com/dinusworld/status/1 ... 0389397506) and asked for an ETA - no response yet.

In agreement with ChrisP - with the tall screen on my prv bike it was quieter, faster and more economical.

I don't think there's a massive difference - ultimately everyone does testing with a new product & at the speeds we ride I doubt the differences are actually perceptible. I tend to trust Givi as I had screens from them for as long as I can remember, but damn those hand protectors from Puig look sexy..
bugaboo

Post by bugaboo »

No news from Givi - this is ridiculous. Manufacturing a scooter intended piece of plastic for 5 months as if they plan on sealing the windows on the International Space Station...

I gave up and ordered the Puig which in my opinion looks better as well. I'm not making this up out of bitterness, it really looks better than the Givi.

Got it from here for about £120:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wind-screen- ... ctupt=true

The same seller has multiple country accounts but they're all shipped from Germany anyhow. It's via DPD as well, they have always been reliable for me.

Once received I'll post before & after pictures. I do hope it comes with the hand deflectors like in the picture - the instructions speak of 2 versions, one with & the other without.

Givi can kiss my windshieldless a$$
cnikonpete
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cnikonpete »

Has anybody tried the relatively cheap add on wind deflectors,not sure how they attach,looks like a form of clamp on the ones I’ve seen that fix to the existing screen. Might be too small to make a difference,just curious.
Racer83L

Post by Racer83L »

bugaboo wrote:No news from Givi - this is ridiculous. Manufacturing a scooter intended piece of plastic for 5 months as if they plan on sealing the windows on the International Space Station...

I gave up and ordered the Puig which in my opinion looks better as well. I'm not making this up out of bitterness, it really looks better than the Givi.

Got it from here for about £120:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wind-screen- ... ctupt=true

The same seller has multiple country accounts but they're all shipped from Germany anyhow. It's via DPD as well, they have always been reliable for me.

Once received I'll post before & after pictures. I do hope it comes with the hand deflectors like in the picture - the instructions speak of 2 versions, one with & the other without.

Givi can kiss my windshieldless a$$
Excited to see how it turns out. It’s $147 + $17.99 USD for USA ebay. I’d love to see a review once you receive yours.
Zulda
Year: 2018 (mod 2017)
Color: Red

Post by Zulda »

cnikonpete wrote:Has anybody tried the relatively cheap add on wind deflectors,not sure how they attach,looks like a form of clamp on the ones I’ve seen that fix to the existing screen. Might be too small to make a difference,just curious.
I have this on my PCX - http://www.motosvet.sk/product/deflekto ... iry-42029/
It really helps, but is quite expensive for a piece of plexi.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (129.86 KiB) Viewed 3870 times
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

@Bugaboo, I wonder about Puig windscreen, how it fits. About the shop - only Motea sells it, but PUIG distributors are still waiting for that, strange, expected date is 21.04. It should be also little bit cheaper then on Motea, will see.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

On the Puig website (I posted above), there's a video of their windscreen on a PCX. Did you see it? This one:

You can also download their mounting instructions and mounting tips (on that same page).

I remember when the PCX finally arrived in the U.S. in late 2010, (as a 2011 model) windscreens were not available from any manufacturer. It was Brandy New scoot from Honda afterall. I get that. But I feel a 2018/2019 PCX screen should be available for purchase very close to it's release date or shortly thereafter. :roll:

Just Sit tight 'n Tuck guys. If you want one you'll have no choice but to wait (sigh)

8) Then Bring It Here - Show It Off !! 8)
Racer83L

Post by Racer83L »

thanks for posting the video. Makes me want one even more. Been riding a friends Aprilia Atlantic 500 with its OEM tall windscreen and it’s amazing the difference. Although I wish his was shorter. I want my chest out of the wind but don’t mind my head in it. His windscreen causes some buffering at speeds the PCX can only dream of achieving.
Racer83L

Post by Racer83L »

Also, I’m using my phone to access their website but under dealer locator they don’t show a single dealer located in the USA. Anyone know of an online store that sells Puig other than eBay or overseas sellers?