Stahlbus oil drainer

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Stahlbus oil drainer

Post by you you »

Just bought one of these for the Boxer Cup as part of the winter fiddling. There's a bit of Homie/Monk in me.

It's a nice bit of kit, has anyone fitted one to a PCX?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Stahlbus oil drainer

Post by Jge64 »

Do a search, I have one on my pcx...great mod.....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Jge64 wrote:Do a search, I have one on my pcx...great mod.....
No need to, it'll be underneath your bike if you've lost it :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

What is the size of the inner thread on the pcx drain bolt?
It looks like you screw that device into the drain hole permanently. Then it looks like you screw in the hose when it is time to drain the oil. Good idea, but $45 is a lot of money to make it more convenient every 3,000 to 4,000 mile to drain a quart of oil.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Is much more convenient than “ screwing it in”...You put the permanent part of the receptacle in the drain hole. That stays with the bike. Then you have a quick disconnect auto feed hose that you can drain it into a container and not spill a drop. Uses a very high-quality surgical tubing, it is extremely flexible and does not bind in any position. Love the stuff .

all This is Not important to some, it’s very important to me because I’m in a condo where we like to keep things clean in the garage.. After drained, just disconnect the hose and you’re ready to go ....

here is more information .....I have them on all my cars and bikes. Someone will say its expensive, and yes, guess on your perspective. Very efficient and clean, therefore the price is right to me.

https://www.stahlbus-us.com/oil-drain-v ... uisuokd9d5

Fumoto is a cheaper valve but excellent, used them too.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Jge64 wrote:Is much more convenient than “ screwing it in”...You put the permanent part of the receptacle in the drain hole. That stays with the bike. Then you have a quick disconnect auto feed hose that you can drain it into a container and not spill a drop. Uses a very high-quality surgical tubing, it is extremely flexible and does not bind in any position. Love the stuff .

all This is Not important to some, it’s very important to me because I’m in a condo where we like to keep things clean in the garage.. After drained, just disconnect the hose and you’re ready to go ....

here is more information .....I have them on all my cars and bikes. Someone will say its expensive, and yes, guess on your perspective. Very efficient and clean, therefore the price is right to me.

https://www.stahlbus-us.com/oil-drain-v ... uisuokd9d5

Fumoto is a cheaper valve but excellent, used them too.

It does seem good. I use an oil drain pump for the PCX, which I prefer, but I cant use it on the Boxer Cup as the oil fill is on one of the heads.

Some good alternatives to loosening the bolt and having the oil run down yer sleeve. A good purchase as opposed to cup holders, phone holders, gps holders, god knows what else holders for the handlebars
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I had one once,nice and clean device,but for me I felt the inner valve created too much restriction and slowed the flow rate too much for a good flush out of all the contaminants.Under restricted conditions could be good.I use a fumoto on my vehicles and a vacuum tank hose attachment now.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I could see this device being used on a car, or even an expensive motorcycle, and it would make changing the oil on the PCX a snap. However, since the PCX is not a high end bike it just seems like overkill on it.

Someone on this forum had this great idea, which I now use for changing my oil, in which he had a piece of Velcro on the center stand that he attached a plastic funnel made from a 1 quart oil container. The oil drains into the oil collection pan through the funnel.

The only problem I have ever had with this setup has been getting the bolt out. I loosen it before attaching the funnel, but then I have to unscrew it by hand, which is difficult with the funnel attached. However, I only deal with this every 3,000 miles.

Something I added to the mix was that I put the center stand on a 1x6, which gives me another inch of ground clearance. Put a small piece of plastic drop cloth down first. Then put some newspaper on top of that. Then the 1x6. The oil change pan will be put on top of the newspaper after the bolt is loosened enough to hand turn it, and the funnel bottom will sit in the pan.

It is difficult to get the center stand lined up with the board, but practice and a little extra effort work well. I keep a bag of cheap cat litter around for cleanup afterwards. It absorbs spilled oil nicely. There shouldn't be much.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WI_Hedgehog