The Honda PCX / Honda Forza / SH Forums
http://hondapcx.org/

Tucano Urbano Termoscud + 2013 turn signal Lollipops?
http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8198
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Gil [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:53 am ]
Post subject:  Tucano Urbano Termoscud + 2013 turn signal Lollipops?

I'm getting ready for the cold months ahead. I have bought the Termoscud R082 leg cover for my PCX.
I have a 2013 PCX that has the turn signal Lollipops, as opposed to the PCX's of the rest of the world.
How have you all gone about dealing with the lollipops getting in the way of the install?

I was thinking of making a hole on the Termoscud so that the lollipops can stick out through it. Maybe have the whole small enough so that the lollipops can bolt on and hold the Termoscud in place. Thoughts?

Gil

Author:  TheMaverick [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tucano Urbano Termoscud + 2013 turn signal Lollipops?

I thought that the climate in California rarely even made it down to freezing?

Author:  iceman [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tucano Urbano Termoscud + 2013 turn signal Lollipops?

I commute at 30-50mph during winter when we have zero temps and with wind chill added on and I only need good gloves (army mitts + liners) and some form of wind guard to help cut the chill.

The only thing that never feels cold is my legs or feet, and that is because if wearing jeans with over-pant protection, I tuck the jeans into my socks which really helps stop wind chill going up the legs. If I don't tuck my jeans into my socks, the difference is really noticeable and unpleasant. Tuck them in, of have close fitting lower leg velcro style fittings.

Author:  Mel46 [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tucano Urbano Termoscud + 2013 turn signal Lollipops?

When I made wind blockers for my 2013 model those turn signal posts were my biggest problem. I eventually solved it by making a two piece part and used Velcro to hold them together. Is it possible for you to force the Termoscud behind the posts, attaching it to the posts with an elastic strap that is attached to the Termoscud by way of Velcro? If not, then you may have to resort to splitting the Termoscud at that point and wrapping it around the post.

Author:  Gil [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tucano Urbano Termoscud + 2013 turn signal Lollipops?

TheMaverick wrote:
I thought that the climate in California rarely even made it down to freezing?


I'm in the central coast, 65 miles south of San Francisco, and the microclimate of California State University Monterey Bay that I attend is foggy/cold. The mornings and evenings get quite cold in winter. That and it feels nice to be warm.

Gil

Author:  Gil [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tucano Urbano Termoscud + 2013 turn signal Lollipops?

iceman wrote:
I commute at 30-50mph during winter when we have zero temps and with wind chill added on and I only need good gloves (army mitts + liners) and some form of wind guard to help cut the chill.

The only thing that never feels cold is my legs or feet, and that is because if wearing jeans with over-pant protection, I tuck the jeans into my socks which really helps stop wind chill going up the legs. If I don't tuck my jeans into my socks, the difference is really noticeable and unpleasant. Tuck them in, of have close fitting lower leg velcro style fittings.



My commute is 23 miles, half at 65mph and half under 50mph. I do layer up according to the weather at the time. In fact the only thing stopping me riding in winter is the rain. The Termoscud and a PVC rain coat should help with the lighter rain days when it's a chance of rain.

Gil

Author:  Gil [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tucano Urbano Termoscud + 2013 turn signal Lollipops?

Mel46 wrote:
When I made wind blockers for my 2013 model those turn signal posts were my biggest problem. I eventually solved it by making a two piece part and used Velcro to hold them together. Is it possible for you to force the Termoscud behind the posts, attaching it to the posts with an elastic strap that is attached to the Termoscud by way of Velcro? If not, then you may have to resort to splitting the Termoscud at that point and wrapping it around the post.


Thanks for the suggestion, now I'm thinking using a piece of coroplast to go around the turn signal post.

I'll put up some pictures after I install it.

Gil

Author:  TheMaverick [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tucano Urbano Termoscud + 2013 turn signal Lollipops?

Gil wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:
I thought that the climate in California rarely even made it down to freezing?


I'm in the central coast, 65 miles south of San Francisco, and the microclimate of California State University Monterey Bay that I attend is foggy/cold. The mornings and evenings get quite cold in winter. That and it feels nice to be warm.

Gil


Fair enough. I just wear wind/water-proof over-trousers with a thermal layer (or layers if need be) underneath, so there's no perspiration evaporation nor any meaningful convection loss. Works for me down to around the freezing level.

Author:  GeorgeSK [ Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tucano Urbano Termoscud + 2013 turn signal Lollipops?

Gil, i have no idea how the termoscud goes over or around things, but if sewing on a strap or a loop to go over/around the stalks would help, it would be easy to add with a "Speedy Stitcher" and some webbing and velcro. I have used the tool for lots of odd things, and am always amazed at how easy and effective (although not actually speedy) it is.

check out https://www.strapworks.com/Sewing_Awl_p/awl.htm

Lots of other tidbits at that site as well...

Author:  Mel46 [ Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tucano Urbano Termoscud + 2013 turn signal Lollipops?

Oh, I DO like that sewing Awl! I don't have one, but I may just get one now. I have some heavy duty sewing needles for sails, but they can be a bit difficult to work with at times.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/