Question for Givi 323 users

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

pendulum
Year: 2015
Color: white

Question for Givi 323 users

Post by pendulum »

I am trying to install one on my 2015 PCX 150 and am running into fitment issues.

I seem to have trouble getting the base of the Givi screen to clear both sides of the black front plastic just in front of the screws. It won't spread across the front end enough to line up with the holes properly, I can get only one screw in before the black plastic underneath gets in the way of the new Givi screen. It looks like I will have to do some serious surgery to get it to fit, dremel cutting & everything. And my factory windshield bolts aren't long enough. The windshield I purchased came with a "fitting kit D323KIT" which seems to consist of some extra large bolts and two plates. It did not come with instructions, and the "fitting kit" is not obvious to me as to how it works. I think it might have something to do with the mirrors.

Did anyone else with a 323DT run into these issues or do I have the wrong part? How easy should it be to install?

I did notice the bag around the windshield was labeled "2010-2013" PCX. I ordered it a long time ago though, I'm outside return window. Might have ordered/been shipped the wrong one, but are the windshields different? If I got the wrong one can anyone throw a recommendation of a good honest place to buy another?

Thanks!
2015 PCX 150
Dr Pulley 13g
Yoshi SS exh
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Question for Givi 323 users

Post by TheMaverick »

I don't use one personally, but I've heard of people cracking Givi windscreens trying to "persuade" things to line up - so might pay to proceed with caution.
raito
Regular User
Regular User
Color: matte silver

Post by raito »

Yes, you got a wrong windshield. My 2015 PCX has a Givi D1136ST. It was easy to install.
ImageImageImage
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

raito wrote:Yes, you got a wrong windshield. My 2015 PCX has a Givi D1136ST. It was easy to install.

X2
pendulum

Post by pendulum »

Thanks for the feedback folks. Yes it looks like I have the wrong one.

By the way I learned the Givi D1130ST (https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/giv ... -2014-2018) is the 2015+ PCX150 replacement for the taller Givi 323. The Givi 1136ST is the replacement for the shorter Givi windscreen, previously the 322 on pre-2015 PCX.

I found the thread on here comparing a Givi and the Fabbri 3140. I liked how the Fabbri was taller and provided protection for the hands too, so I'm rolling the dice with that one. Had to get it from Italy on ebay though. Fingers crossed, will update here if anyone wants to see...

In the meantime if anyone has a pre-2015 PCX and wants my unused taller Givi windscreen I mis-ordered, I'll sell it for half what I paid: $50 new in box plus shipping. It was not scratched or damaged in anyway when I tried to test fit it. If anyone is interested I can post pics of it too. Thanks 8)
2015 PCX 150
Dr Pulley 13g
Yoshi SS exh
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

pendulum wrote:Thanks for the feedback folks. Yes it looks like I have the wrong one.

By the way I learned the Givi D1130ST (https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/giv ... -2014-2018) is the 2015+ PCX150 replacement for the taller Givi 323. The Givi 1136ST is the replacement for the shorter Givi windscreen, previously the 322 on pre-2015 PCX.

I found the thread on here comparing a Givi and the Fabbri 3140. I liked how the Fabbri was taller and provided protection for the hands too, so I'm rolling the dice with that one. Had to get it from Italy on ebay though. Fingers crossed, will update here if anyone wants to see...

In the meantime if anyone has a pre-2015 PCX and wants my unused taller Givi windscreen I mis-ordered, I'll sell it for half what I paid: $50 new in box plus shipping. It was not scratched or damaged in anyway when I tried to test fit it. If anyone is interested I can post pics of it too. Thanks 8)

Bump for a bargain.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have 323s on each of our bikes and love them. However, some of them were produced a little bit "wider" where they connect to the 4 bolts and cause the trim to pop out on one side or the other once the bike is ridden, due to vibrations. I have tried to work 9n the problem but no luck so far.
In your case though, you just had the wrong unit.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
pendulum

Post by pendulum »

Update: I got the Fabbri 3140/EX. The shipper in Italy didn't pack it well, fortunately it survived a ripped box during the journey.

I think it looks good. I went with this one because of the added benefit of the handlebar deflectors, and it looked like it might be a scoshe taller. The downside I think is the extra exposed area at the base of the windshield reveals the screws moreso than the stock Honda unit.

Swap was easy enough, holes lined right up and it came with additional rubber washers. I'm 6'3" and it goes up to about my chin and puts the wind right in my face. The ride is a lot louder now for me, but my body is MUCH warmer during the colder weather. So it's a worthwhile trade-off during the winter. I'm definitely putting the stock screen back on in the summer though.
pcx-fabbri-1.jpg
pcx-fabbri-1.jpg (117.47 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
pcx-fabbri-2.jpg
pcx-fabbri-2.jpg (93.11 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
pcx-fabbri-3.jpg
pcx-fabbri-3.jpg (127.13 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
Thanks for the bump you you.
Mel46 wrote:I have 323s on each of our bikes and love them. However, some of them were produced a little bit "wider" where they connect to the 4 bolts and cause the trim to pop out on one side or the other once the bike is ridden, due to vibrations. I have tried to work 9n the problem but no luck so far.
In your case though, you just had the wrong unit.
Yeah, I had the wrong one. (which by the way, if anyone comes across this post and wants a Givi 323 hit me up, I have a brand new in box one I'll sell for half price). I think I got lucky on the mounting, the Fabbri holes lined right up without problems. It did come with extra washers, we'll see if that affects vibrations. Thanks for the input Mel.
2015 PCX 150
Dr Pulley 13g
Yoshi SS exh
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by NADman »

Do you still have the Givi 323?
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.