PCX Flat Style Seat from mpmotorseat.com

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

PCX Flat Style Seat from mpmotorseat.com

Post by springer1 »

Hello all, has anyone tried one of these seats? Is there any benefit of the genuine vs copy frame in regards to how the hump is addressed (I have a 2018 model). Rotating the handlebar front helped a lot with my riding position, but being able to sit a few inches more to the rear would really help too.

http://www.mpmotorseat.com/HONDAPCXSEAT ... LA004.html

or this one ....

http://www.mpmotorseat.com/HONDAPCXSEAT ... LA007.html

Thanks !
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: PCX Flat Style Seat from mpmotorseat.com

Post by Jge64 »

I use the exact same seat from another vendor, I've tied a few others, I always come back to this design. It has no seams to split and looks clean.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

There are others here who have had their seat custom rebuilt love ally that look just like those. I prefer the ones with the back brace from them. They customized a seat for me and I really like the quality of the work. If you look on the first link you will see 3 seats at the top of the picture. Mine is similar to the one on your far right. Very comfortable. I would trust their work, and you can ask for some modifications if you want. They answer your email quickly.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Well somebody is trying ;) We give em credit for this. Well done (maybe) 18,000 bht plus ship, how much is that? Made it for both the two bolt pre-LED and 4 bolt after. Really trying to sell a few of those I guess 8) It's not too high as we have seen one or two homemade customized versions before in here that were very similar. Could be an interesting ride!
Attachments
flat seat2.jpg
flat seat2.jpg (100.09 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
flat seat.jpg
flat seat.jpg (53.17 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

If it is indeed flat all the way from front to back and doesn't just "look" flat then mission accomplished. . ..

Could this be the discovery of the "Holy Grail" of all PCX aftermarket seats? 8)
pendulum
Year: 2015

Post by pendulum »

I purchased this one from one of the online Thai vendors and would not recommend it. It was billed to accommodate taller riders. Well it looks cool and does a good job of letting me sit father back, but there is zero padding on the seat so it ends up being is more uncomfortable than stock. And I can no longer fit my helmet in the storage with this seat, boo. To be fair it is a quality made product, just uncomfortable.

I'm 6'3" 200 lbs. and have tried a half-dozen seats but can't find one that's doesn't give me back & shoulder issues after riding for an hour. The one you posted above looks promising, I'd like to hear your feedback on it after a few hundred miles.
Attachments
20150924_120254-sm.jpg
20150924_120254-sm.jpg (47.3 KiB) Viewed 974 times
2015 PCX 150
Dr Pulley 13g
Yoshi SS exh
pendulum

Post by pendulum »

Mel46 wrote:If you look on the first link you will see 3 seats at the top of the picture. Mine is similar to the one on your far right. Very comfortable.
How tall are you Mel? I like the looks of those backrest-style seats but am concerned about fitment.
2015 PCX 150
Dr Pulley 13g
Yoshi SS exh
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I am 5'10" . I wanted some room to stretch my legs while riding so I had them move the back brace back a little. I had also requested additional padding in the seat, which they did. However, in most cases on these seats the helmet will no longer fit under the seat.
If you do not think that there will be enough room for them to add the back brace AND move it back far enough, you may have to do as I have done. I have the back brace on it but because I have had so many back procedures I wanted so added support, so I attached a piece of Styrofoam behind me that backs up against my tailbox. It gives me just the right amount of support and allows me to actually lean back when I need to. I built in a place to carry a small gas container as well.
My bike with back support.jpg
My bike with back support.jpg (394.34 KiB) Viewed 958 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
pendulum

Post by pendulum »

Mel46 wrote:I am 5'10" . I wanted some room to stretch my legs while riding so I had them move the back brace back a little. I had also requested additional padding in the seat, which they did. However, in most cases on these seats the helmet will no longer fit under the seat.
If you do not think that there will be enough room for them to add the back brace AND move it back far enough, you may have to do as I have done. I have the back brace on it but because I have had so many back procedures I wanted so added support, so I attached a piece of Styrofoam behind me that backs up against my tailbox. It gives me just the right amount of support and allows me to actually lean back when I need to. I built in a place to carry a small gas container as well.
Thanks for the response and photo, you have a beautiful PCX. I like your back support, that's a great idea. Is that additional butt padding you have there on top of the seat?

I was always jealous of those back rests on the big ruckuses - the ones where the passenger seat can flip up as a backrest for the driver.
2015 PCX 150
Dr Pulley 13g
Yoshi SS exh