Seat 7 from BikerBitz

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

onemac
Year: 2016
Color: White

Seat 7 from BikerBitz

Post by onemac »

I got the Seat 7 from BikerBitz about 6 month ago and it is superb. Highly Recommended. :D :D :D :D :D :D

mjoa68
Year: 2015 PCX 150
Color: Grey/Silver

Re: Seat 7 from BikerBitz

Post by mjoa68 »

Awesome, thanks for the video. Glad to hear you like it because I just ordered this same seat for my PCX 150. The forced seating position of the stock seat keep my arthritic knee bent at too sharp of an angle so I can't really ride much. I can get relief by sitting up and back on the passenger seat, but this feels pretty dang awkward and unnatural as a riding position. Hoping this seat will allow me to find a spot somewhere in between where I'm comfortable and can stretch my legs out a little more naturally.

I had read one other user saying this seat helped with his knee problems but he said it did make his butt sore compared to the stock seat. How do you find it for padding/comfort?

Cheers,
Mike
onemac

Post by onemac »

This Seat will make you Happy. Padding is OK. Very comfortableto ride. Cover Mash keeps your backside Dry by rain. Recommended :D :D :D
mjoa68

Post by mjoa68 »

Nice, thanks! Hopefully it won't take too long to get here from Thailand!

:)
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

I have the same seat in carbon look, it's a low profle seat at least an inch lower than stock, I find it an improvement too. The only issue is I had to mess with the OEM seat gasket a little to get it to fit properly since the base is not stock to accomodate the lower profile.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by k2apache6.0 »

mjoa68 wrote:Nice, thanks! Hopefully it won't take too long to get here from Thailand!

Maybe you need to worry more about the time it takes Canadian mail once it gets there. I sent a part to a Canadian in BC, it took 3 days to get there and then another 21 once inside Canada :/
I wont buy anything from Canada on mail order for the same reason.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
mjoa68

Post by mjoa68 »

k2apache6.0 wrote:
mjoa68 wrote:Nice, thanks! Hopefully it won't take too long to get here from Thailand!

Maybe you need to worry more about the time it takes Canadian mail once it gets there...
That's weird, as I've never really had a problem with Canada Post, and I've bought lots of stuff off of Ebay from the US. But it's funny you say that as the postal union here is threatening to strike right now... That combined with the fact I can't really ride much until I get a better seat situation happening for my knee made me splurge on a courier.
Frantisek
Color: Bloody RED

Post by Frantisek »

Hey Guys, so you even change the 2016 stock seat? I thought they removed the bump but I feel it there after long rides...and i ride alone. Would you recommend this to me? If I take someone behind me, it will be RARE and for short ride.
mjoa68

Post by mjoa68 »

I feel the same way as I will almost always be the only rider, and this is why I bought this seat. (My girlfriend rides her own scooter! :)) I could still have a passenger in a pinch if I needed to, but overall this seat makes the scooter much more comfortable and usable for me. Mine is a 2015 but the stock seat on the 2015 and 2016 is identical (no hump, but still a noticeable "ridge".)

One thing I will say about the seat now that I've used it, is that it still has a bit of a scoop to it. But this is unavoidable due to the shape of the actual frame of the bike. Just look at the PCX from the side with the seat up and you will see what I mean. However this seat allows me to sit anywhere much easier and with more comfort than the stock seat. I can sit directly over the spot that the stock seat had that ridge, whereas this was not really an option with the 2015/16 stock seat. With that I had to either sit too far forward, or too far back. And when sitting too far back it was awkwardly high off the ground.

It's not perfect, but it's a huge improvement and allows me to fully stretch my legs out (i have a 34" inseam), which is important to me as arthritis in my knees was keeping me from riding otherwise. And I can still flat foot it at lights even sitting that far back. I do plan on taking it to an upholsterer to see if I can add more padding to the front half of the seat, making it flatter overall. I don't regret buying this though as the actual seat pan is flatter and a bit lower in the front than the stock seat as well, so reupholstering it will be easier with better options.

This has already been said but note that you will lose a fair bit of storage space because this seat pan itself is flatter. Doesn't matter too much to me as I use a half helmet, but it's something to be aware of.
onemac

Post by onemac »

:D Check this out Flat Seat from BikerBitz on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Oq0K ... HHCdRhVUmg
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

I have a 2015 and the stock seat is no good for me. I need to push back more. I tried a king and queen seat and liked it, but I always go back to this seat 7. It's comfortable and looks better. By the way when I received it, it was a brand-new base, not a refurb. Took six weeks to get to Florida from Bikerzbitz.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
twlguy

Post by twlguy »

Can you order this through Amazon?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

twlguy wrote:Can you order this through Amazon?
Have you tried going on Amazon and searching?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Have you looked on Amazon?
Folks here have been ordering this #7 seat (and others) from Bikerbitz.
If we could buy seats locally, I'm sure we'd be "all over that!" Why wait (so long) right?

I wish someone took on the job of making saddles for our PCX's and for our Big Bro Forza, you know closer to home. U.S.A., U.K, Canada etc
I'll bet there are a few members on our forums who have considered doing so. Starting back in 2010 it would be a 7 year old business already! Dang, time flys!

twlguy, Best get a PCX first before thinking new saddle, else that's like "Putting the Cart before the Horse!" Afterall, You're bum might just like the stock seat. Money saved 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I still have a new #18 for trade... just give me your stock seat :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:( twlguy doesn't have a PCX (yet).
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

If we could buy seats locally, I'm sure we'd be "all over that!" Why wait (so long) right?

I wish someone took on the job of making saddles for our PCX's and for our Big Bro Forza, you know closer to home. U.S.A., U.K, Canada etc
Corbin still doesn't seem to show any interest in making seats for the PCX. None are offered at this time. They also don't list any PCX models on the "Freebie" list for people to donate their machines as guinea pigs for a free seat when they complete the design. They do have the 300/500 Rebels and CBR's listed though on the drawing board so-to-speak.

That being said I never got a reply from my input on their site a while back either. They do make great saddles which I can attest to but for some reason show no interest in competing in the PCX seat aftermarket. :roll:
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by Smaug »

Does anyone think the stock saddle is good enough? (Fellow short people?) And I have the dreaded 2013. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam and my wife is Chinese with about a 26" inseam. When my knees start to feel stiff, I just use the other foot position for a minute. Numb bum is my enemy here, from lack of gluteal airflow.

I messed around with Corbin seats on two of my old motorcycles and they were great. But later, I found that a beadrider cover did 90% as well, for hundreds less. It's only if the basic seat shape that is bad that we really need to look at aftermarket options.
-Jeremy
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I'm pretty much OK with my stock '13 seat. I'm around 5' 10" (and shrinking) with a 30" inseam (except in motorcycle pants - more like 32 or a turned-up 34). I don't go long distances or carry my passenger any more - we have a Forza for that. And the Forza seat is the one that needs the modification.

If you just pull the hump, you will very likely reduce passenger room, and she already is sitting on a postage stamp. A Thai seat is not horribly expensive, but obviously an experiment. You could try to reupholster it yourself or bring it to somebody local. There are threads here on some DYI jobs that have come out very well, and there's plenty of videos to guide you as well. For starters, check out

http://www.sailrite.com/Allsport-4-Way- ... c-Non-Slip

Their example video at the bottom of the page is, in fact, a motorcycle seat.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Smaug wrote:Does anyone think the stock saddle is good enough? We really need to look at aftermarket options.
I think the LED PCX stock seat is good enough. However very few were ever satisfied with earlier model saddles. The hump must be very irritating. You should look at aftermarket seats for a 2013 and IMO try to find one that is a s close to the newer designed seat as possible. The seat itself will be inexpensive but the shipping from abroad will add plenty. Many have done it and I leave them to offer more instruction.

Even the best saddle on a PCX would seem to require some conditioning on your part. Sit up straight like the people it was designed for to avoid lower back pain, push your bars up as far as they will go without bumping the windscreen and ride every day for a couple weeks to train some muscles to the new action.