Cargo Net

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

#scootlife
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Cargo Net

Post by #scootlife »

Does anyone have any experience with using a cargo net on the back of the PCX to carry extra stuff. I really hate the look of a top box, and I'm hoping to get a cheap alternative. I see that there are a few online for around $10, but I'm wondering if they'll actually work with the PCX (where it would attach, will the back of the scooter area be too small, etc.) If anyone has used one, let me know where you got it. Thanks!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Cargo Net

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi #scootlife and Welcome to our forum(s)!
Member homie should be around shortly, he has a cargo net on his '15 PCX, I'm sure he'll share some info, and perhaps a link :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

The cargo net is essential for my pickup truck and I did purchase a small one for the PCX. Because they have either metal or plastic hooks you need to take those off and fashion it under the seat in some other way avoiding hooks marring the finish. I get very little use from the cargo net on the seat of my PCX so I don't recommend it anymore.
#scootlife

Post by #scootlife »

Homie, why did you stop using it? Was it not useful enough?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

#scootlife wrote:Homie, why did you stop using it? Was it not useful enough?
That is correct, plus I worried it was casting an image of itself on the seat from UV
raito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: matte silver

Post by raito »

I have a pair of ROKstraps I keep neatly in my (ugly) top box. Tho I have not actually used the straps.. because so far my objects fit easily in the top box or underseat. I tried cargo net, and it was not good.
ImageImageImage
#scootlife

Post by #scootlife »

Looks like I'll let that idea fade away into oblivion. Sheds a tear
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ohhh, I never gave a thought to the net leaving an imprint on the seat. Hmm, I wonder. Can we get a confirmation on that? That's a Shame, because I always thought that "netted" look was sharp looking on "your scoot homie" :|
I would have one for that Cool factor and to put my gloves under when I stop and take photos. Shucks! Another balloon just took off - PoP!

Is there a certain size? What say I change my mind, and say the hell-mit-it and want one? With your experience, what would/should/could I buy? :roll:
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

You sir are "Quick Draw McGraw!" :P Bam!
Thank you for the Quick vid and link. We all loves Amazon, and Amazon do loves us!
I shall take a look ;)
JonW
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JonW »

I have one of those small bungee net thingys and have used it on occasion to hold down a day pack or a grocery bag on the passenger seat and/or the rear rack (minus the top box which I didn't buy).

The way I figure it, it was inexpensive, stores easily under the seat, and does the trick when you have something unexpected to have to carry.
Jon W
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by Smaug »

'seems like hooking 4 of the hooks under the grab rail and two under the back of the seat would be OK? Just don't leave it on all the time; deploy it only when needed. Not the case?
-Jeremy