Honda Top box...

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Re: Honda Top box...

Post by BobS »

From WhiteNoise - "I still have "that" Re-called Honda rack on my scoot. (I do not own a top box). I like the looks of my metal rack. However, I would love to see a photo of Honda's Replacement, but I haven't seen a pic of it anywhere. Is it metal or have they gone plastic? Re-call notices keep coming. I file them.
If Honda would allow us to pick one up from them, while handing over our faulty one, then I would "Make that Change." But no....they want to take mine and install the new one."

I did go through the procedure to get the replacement rack. It looks exactly the same as the first one - metal not plastic. No idea what was "improved" - probably the anchor points for the Honda top box.

Since I purchased the rack in the USA and took it to Thailand, I could not do a swap at a dealer. I brought the rack back to the USA and traded it in directly with Honda Powersports Since no dealer had installed the rack we had to do it by mail. They sent me a prepaid mailing label, I sent mine back, they sent a new one, I carried it back to Thailand.

I had installed a top box, so the rack was available for this swap. The rack is now on a friends bike.
just5ft
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by just5ft »

I got a trunk with my 150 but no lock. The dealer said original owner never had one. I haven't made much progress locating one. Any advise?
She believed she could so she did.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

No lock on the top box? How does it stay closed? If you knew the manufacturer of the box you might be able to buy a replacement lock...or maybe you can invent a replacement lock that would be secure??

Here is what the box looks like on my bike. Yes, there are lights in the reflector, plus I have two little "eyes" that light up when I apply my brake, as well as a light strip around the rack itself.
Our bikes in basement.jpg
Our bikes in basement.jpg (250.3 KiB) Viewed 351 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

By the way, you can put lights just about anywhere on the back and as long as they are LED they will draw very little current so you would not have to worry about whether the bike electrical system can handle it. My bike lights uplike a Christmas tree when i apply the brakes...as can be seen in this picture.
New brake lights.jpg
New brake lights.jpg (64.66 KiB) Viewed 351 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by NADman »

WhiteNoise wrote:I still have "that" Re-called Honda rack on my scoot. (I do not own a top box). I like the looks of my metal rack. However, I would love to see a photo of Honda's Replacement, but I haven't seen a pic of it anywhere. Is it metal or have they gone plastic? Re-call notices keep coming. I file them.
If Honda would allow us to pick one up from them, while handing over our faulty one, then I would "Make that Change." But no....they want to take mine and install the new one. Not a Fan (shakes head).

I use my rack with a roomy soft tail bag. I also have soft sidebags (hardly used) and tunnel bag. (Also waiting on another tunnel bag from Shad) :D A rack is very versatile.

My motto: ya Gotta (I gotta) be ready for just about "Anything and Everything" these days

Can I see the new replacement rack please? :geek:
There you go. Very nice, heavy aluminum casting with bolts. I just installed mine and it looks great.
Pt. # 08L70-KZY-910
Not cheap-$60.00 Canadian
Attachments
IMG_0618.JPG
IMG_0618.JPG (208.88 KiB) Viewed 341 times
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.