Honda Top box...

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Honda Top box...

Post by homie »

I did not know Honda made a top box for the PCX 8) Seems to double as a passenger back rest.

with a kit that allows you to key the lock on the trunk to your PCX150 ignition key.
Part# AHNLP-19

Is that ugly? yes
Would I have that? no, but maybe beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-PCX150-Sco ... TG6VJH17T7

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-08L77-MGS- ... 69YH1FWEDT
Attachments
71pGqn0z8UL._SL1024_.jpg
71pGqn0z8UL._SL1024_.jpg (147.07 KiB) Viewed 1967 times
ItBeMe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Very dark blue

Re: Honda Top box...

Post by ItBeMe »

Well if you want to blow that kind of money go for it. But you can get a box 10 times better looking for a 16th of the cost.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I bought an earlier version of one of these for my motorcycle and had no complaints. You do need to have a luggage rack or trunk mount already installed on your machine to put this on it. Not bad for the money. Nothing fancy. ;)

http://www.bikebandit.com/riding-gear-a ... ge/a51wk15
P1010002a.jpg
P1010002a.jpg (361.72 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Just because the box looks plain now does not mean that it must remain plain. I added a reflective stripe all the way around , and it has remained on it for multiple years now. I also added some lights, so there are a lot of things that can be done to a tailbox. Just getting one is the important thing. After that, if you want to change it you can.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Mel, how much do you have into your Honda Top Box after accessorizing? I think I'd cap off at 4 or 500.00 for that lovely item ;)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

You don't have to uy a Honda top box. They are rebadged from another manufacturer anyway. I purchased a Givi and those range in price from $90 to $300, depending on size and what you want it for. Putting a LED light strip on it was easy enough, plus I added two additional ones. None of that was expensive. The point is that you can do whatever you want to the top box very inexpensively, and you are not restricted on the Honda brand, since Honda does not make their own.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
tomtomclub2005
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by tomtomclub2005 »

Beware - that is the Rear Trunk Attachment Kit that was recalled by Honda some time ago after several accidents of top cases falling. Maybe they fixed it, maybe not.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I still have "that" Re-called Honda rack on my scoot. (I do not own a top box). I like the looks of my metal rack. However, I would love to see a photo of Honda's Replacement, but I haven't seen a pic of it anywhere. Is it metal or have they gone plastic? Re-call notices keep coming. I file them.
If Honda would allow us to pick one up from them, while handing over our faulty one, then I would "Make that Change." But no....they want to take mine and install the new one. Not a Fan (shakes head).

I use my rack with a roomy soft tail bag. I also have soft sidebags (hardly used) and tunnel bag. (Also waiting on another tunnel bag from Shad) :D A rack is very versatile.

My motto: ya Gotta (I gotta) be ready for just about "Anything and Everything" these days

Can I see the new replacement rack please? :geek:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:I still have "that" Re-called Honda rack on my scoot. (I do not own a top box). I like the looks of my metal rack.
I haven't went after that recalled part either. Do you think we should get on that? I do like your 'extended platform area device' I can't say "rack" because that just sounds wrong :lol:
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

Never been a top box person, harder to swing my leg over, eliminates the sleek look of a PCX and don't need to store my helmet there.

But I can appreciate how many like and use one....I do like the Givi storage bag between the legs.....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Rack, say it homie! R A C K (on the back of me scooter I meant no more than that :lol:
I might change mine out IF I could get a LOOK at it's replacement. That's fair right?

HEL-LOOOO? DID ANYONE HERE EXCHANGE THEIR RECALLED (go on, say it WN...) R A C K?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Glen, a tunnel bag? Givi is nice.
Did you happen to see the Shad tunnel bag? The one that I and other's are expecting in mid July?
Shad's merchandise is quality, Givi is too, but my opinion is that Shad's a step up and you get more for the money. Materials are durable/tough. Zippers and pulls are quality. Reflective is there. Straps galore. You know, I know, we know, you gotta pay % for the Givi name.
Advice: Keep it down fellas you're spoiling our fun.
I recommend giving a hard look at Shad's products first. I know you're fussy, so am I, that's why I'm tossing my 2cents in.
Now....I just have to sit back and wait in hopes that the Shad tunnel bag SC20 will squeeze in ever so nicely while using an aftermarket saddle. I shall see.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:Rack, say it homie! R A C K
ALRIGHT! I like your rack whitenoise. There I muscled thru it, completely desensitized now, no bad dreams.
Attachments
manboobs.jpg
manboobs.jpg (47.22 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Alfred E. Neuman. . .the "Lighter Side of". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_7emdP5wkk

Mad. . .Great magazine. . .What, me worry? :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

HOLY SMOKER'S! Nope! Didn't expect that response :lol: Yeppie, we're talking TopBoxes here!
There's a Rack.....Then there's a RACK! Glad you're feeling better n thanks for sharing :roll: :lol:
Advice to them: Keep yer shirts on boyz, ain't Nothin' to see here :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

PCX150Rider (gee that's a long name, can I cut that shorter? Question is...to what?)
The video - Yep, she asked for it! Got her lines cut she did. The End :lol: Money saved!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

PCX150Rider (gee that's a long name, can I cut that shorter? Question is...to what?)
WN - Don't you remember this guy from Mad Magazine? Alfred E. Neuman. . .always on the cover. If you lived during the '60s and near NY his name was a household word. I've still got a few old issues buried somewhere. What a total goof. . .great read. :lol:
236205-57083-alfred-e-neuman.jpg
236205-57083-alfred-e-neuman.jpg (43.11 KiB) Viewed 1846 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes, I recall the magazine and it's popularity (early to mid 60's) but never did one enter my parent's household. My brother older than I never was interested in the magazine either. So, I know not much other than his very familiar cheeky face.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:
WN - Don't you remember this guy from Mad Magazine? Alfred E. Neuman. . .always on the cover. If you lived during the '60s and near NY his name was a household word. I've still got a few old issues buried somewhere. What a total goof. . .great read. :lol:
236205-57083-alfred-e-neuman.jpg

I remember Mad. The movie spoofs were great. And the last page that folded to reveal another picture.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I bought every edition, plus the Albums (large hardcover books, not records). :P :P :P