Soft Luggage Saddle Bags and Usage While Engine Runs

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Soft Luggage Saddle Bags and Usage While Engine Runs

Post by PCX150Rider »

So if I understand correctly you can't open the seat while the engine is running to obtain something right? It's all about the key positions?

Hence, soft luggage saddle bags, or panniers if you will, are a good option if you need to grab something without shutting off the engine?

That being said the engine will continue to run if you put the PCX on the side stand or center stand right? Or is it only the center stand? :?

Example: If I was going to mail a letter could I put the PCX on the side stand while the engine was running to pull a letter out of my saddle bag without shutting off the motor? How about the center stand?

With my Roughhhouse 50 I can use the side stand or center stand and not have to shut the engine off. The thing is if the engine ticks over too fast the clutch will edge the drive belt and if it's on the side stand in lieu of the center stand you have to be quickly attentive or watch it go down before you. :roll:
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Soft Luggage Saddle Bags and Usage While Engine Runs

Post by chicaboo »

The side stand shuts the engine off, or prevents it from starting in the downward position.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Soft Luggage Saddle Bags and Usage While Engine Runs

Post by PCX150Rider »

Okay. . .thanks! Obviously not all scooters are alike. :D

So I'll use the center stand whenever it's running. . .the side stand just when it's shut off.

I learned a long time ago not to let a scooter run on a side stand. . .especially when it's warming up in colder weather and engine revs can cause the clutch to engage. Fortunately all it cost me was a new rear brake lever and the scuffs were minimal. . .hardly noticeable.

Honda has made the PCX idiot proof in that way. :lol: