Upgrade aux socket on LED model

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

MayHem
Year: 2012
Color: Red

Upgrade aux socket on LED model

Post by MayHem »

Just wondering if anyone has changed out their aux socket in the glove box to something of higher amps say 2.1? It says on the small dust cover max 1amp. Most smartphones these days require 2.1a so was wondering if there's and easy fix to increase the output. Had a quick look and couldn't figure out how the socket comes out.

Even better would be to remove the whole socket and find a USB only plug that is 2.1amps and clips right in place to save the need for a usb adapter.

Cheers
2012 PCX150 - Red Sold
2015 PCX150 - White
2015 PCX150 - Red
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Re: Upgrade aux socket on LED model

Post by easyrider »

I would check the charging output specifications. It just might be that the socket is capable of running the 2 amps but its questionable if HONDA wants you to based upon its current output from a generating standpoint considering all the other things running at the same time . I would try using it and see what happens... its fused circuit so rest easy.
lennoxlewis
Year: 2017
Color: Grey

Post by lennoxlewis »

carefull with the ebay types. They tend to advertise 3.1 amps but in fact they are talking about the combined amps for both plugs.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kit-Universal- ... B00APEOPMK

in this link you have it announced like: "3.1 Amp Universal In-Car Dual USB Cigarette Lighter Adapter - Black"

but they later say: "2.1amp output and 1amp output giving total of 3.1amps in a single charger"

wich is fine.

Problem is when you have sellers that do not specify this
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

If you don't want to go through the trouble of swapping it out, if you use a Battery Tender and have the permanent wires attached to your battery, you can purchase a USB adapter that plugs into the end of it and feed a cable through the seat hinge.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i ... 2ZVSIU2XA4
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Hmm, not looked in a while but I believe the fuse rating to the aux socket is 5A, strange a cigar style lighter that is fitted is only rated 1A. In the past I was going to use a tyre inflator off that which is rated 5A - won't bother now :) (always plug it direct to battery anyway).